The Student Room Group

Smiled on by a random girl in public

Hi people
I am very curious about something. I occasionally approach to girl who i find really attractive but today in the bus I didn't have the courage, because it was kind of packed and i didn't want to make her uncomfortable. Also in the bus is a lot of potential for awkward silence hehe

So when i get of the bus and was about to go down the stairs, I looked up and she smiled at me. I actually regretted it that i didnt went in to talk to her.

My question for the ladies on here is, would you mind if a stranger approaches you in the bus and starts a casual conversation to get to know you ? If yes how could i go about it with out coming of as creep or scare you off and make you comfortable with it ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
'smile on', I like this phrase.
Reply 2
what is smiled on?!?!
Personally, I think I would mind. Mainly due to me being a little too cautious, and also becuase I prefer my bus journeys to be quite and peaceful, rather than making small talk with a stranger.
Girls smile at me all the time, I don't think it means anything
Reply 5
She wants the D.
Original post by Alibannany
She wants the D.

I have a D
Reply 7
Original post by + polarity -
Girls smile at me all the time, I don't think it means anything

This is true.

If you catch someone's eye, it seems rude not to smile.
Reply 8
it could mean, that she finds you attractive. I mean i wouldnt smile at a random girl i didnt find attractive. Other than that, just go for it. Whats the worst that can happen.
Reply 9
Maybe she thought you looked funny.
Reply 10
Original post by twelve
This is true.

If you catch someone's eye, it seems rude not to smile.

This happened to me today, I din't smile, now what?!
She probably looked, made eye contact so smiled. Then she worried about how awkward the encounter was and how she thinks you probably fancy her now.
Reply 13
Original post by Harold 50a

My question for the ladies on here is, would you mind if a stranger approaches you in the bus and starts a casual conversation to get to know you ? If yes how could i go about it with out coming of as creep or scare you off and make you comfortable with it ?

I've got to be honest, having been in that exact situation, I minded very much. I was uncomfortable with a randomer edging nearer and nearer until finally sitting on the seat next to me and striking up conversation and asking for my number. I did find it creepy and just wanted him to go away so I could sit in peace :frown: However, that's just me. I'm not comfortable with strangers being so forward but it doesn't mean no one else is. Maybe try smiling back at her next time and assessing the situation, giving it a bit of time before jumping in? If she looks like she is being receptive then have a go, however if she is trying to avoid eye contact then its best not to try!
Original post by Cheech23
it could mean, that she finds you attractive. I mean i wouldnt smile at a random girl i didnt find attractive. Other than that, just go for it. Whats the worst that can happen.

You probably would smile at an unattractive random girl, I even caught myself doing it the other day. The difference is when you stare at them a bit or keep making eye contact- that means you wana bang them.
Reply 15
It depends. If its a warm smile, I smile back, but a smile can seem forced.
Generally, if I smile to a girl, it can appear forced, unless its a mutual thing.

In that instance, I would have probably smiled back in a mutually nice way.

That said, on a bus, I generally like to listen to music and relax. I'm not one really to be making conversation on one.
Reply 16
Original post by itank28

The sluts in that video!!! Lol
I wouldn't mind :smile: It would be a bit awkward if I had headphones in but I'm a generally sociable person so I think I'd quite like it :smile:
Are you sure it definitely was you and not the person behind you or next to you etc.?
U did wot?! Pervert! Creep! :O

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending