The Student Room Group

Just wanted to get this out of my head

Well me and my bf split (before anyone asks it was my fault, and always has been) and well he really really hates me and doesnt give me a chance to talk to him properly..

Its just that there are so many things I want to say to him, except at the rate this is going, I dont think I will get a chance, and my heart has become so restless, I just need to get this out in the open...

He clearly doesnt want me in his life anymore, and has told me to **** off many times now.. He has called me Smeagol, told me that everything about me repulsed him, these past few months he has had no feelings towards me whatsoever, he isnt attracted to me in any sense (and it goes on...)

I can take all that but the part that really hurts is the fact he called the card I wrote him a load of b*******

So in a way he rejected my love and feelings towards him... But losing him has really opened my eyes and Ive seen how stupid Ive been:

1. I realized I wasnt worthy of him, that something was wrong with the way I was thinking, and I told him to leave me till I sorted myself out because I couldnt continue this way, but he refused to do so, and said he wanted to help me too.

2. Many people I know, even very close mates, you asked me “doesnt your bf do [something] for you?” “what did your bf get you for [something]?” “when was the last time your bf did [something]?”
And well it did upset me a bit, and thought that maybe there was something missing and some of my friends told me to ask him myself, and I used to, and it would end up as a massive argument, the worst part was that I even convinced myself that the things my mates suggested were things I wanted, but to be honest I didnt... I was just influenced wrongly and was so blinded by everything, and it made me seem greedy.

3. The reason his comment about the card hurt me so much is because of something I never got the chance to tell him. I was too embarrassed to. There were these moments where I used to spend hours, doing absolutely nothing, but just think of him. There was no influence of my mind or people around me, it was just purely my heart. It would make me smile a lot, and I would just think about everything I loved about him and how much I appreciated him. (Its a shame I could never show him all this) And well in one of those moments I wrote that card to him, and he didnt believe it, and it hurt me so badly. Well I guess you cant blame him as I never really let my heart make my decisions, only my mind which had this flawed logic.

4. My mind and my heart always told me to do different things. My heart wanted me to tell him that I was glad he was here, I want him to stay longer, but instead of doing that I would just tell him to keep an eye on time and no be late. I always felt everything from my heart were guilty pleasures and wrong. And the biggest mistake was to listen to my mind which was also in the wrong way of thinking.

5. I have always been a coward, taking the easy way out, being selfish. My mind always told me that he wasnt happy with me, and I wasnt treating him right and well that I should leave before I got hurt. Problem is: it would just be more painful for the both of us. I was afraid of loving someone too much that I wouldnt be able to let them go, and I have realized, thats what I have done. However, I deserve everything thats happened and I cant ask for anything more from him. Ive never felt this way about anyone before, and sadly I only realized this after Ive lost him for good.

6. I know I cant make him love me, cant make him forgive me, cant make him take me back. All I want is a chance to see him again to show him Ive changed and how wrong Ive been. I still want him in my life, even if its just as acquaintances.

I am quite content with my life, Im not constantly planning things or wanting unrealistic things, just being happy with what Ive got, appreciating all the little things. Ive improved my health and Im eating much more healthier now (strangely lost 4kgs) Ive cut my hair professionally (always did it myself so I thought I would go have a change) and well Ive started enjoying my time at home and getting along with my parents really well. Its quite nice that my mind and heart are almost in unison now (okay with a few disagreements here and there)

I still love him, but I guess with time I can sort that out myself. Even so I miss him a lot, I must thank him as I wouldnt have seen how blind I was till now. Losing someone as precious as him was really painful, but his has brought big positive changes in my life. (and these changes arent for a couple of days or weeks, but for my lifetime)

tl;dr I did not cheat... I just kept asking him for so much, did not show him how much I appreciated him and push him away to the point where he completely resents me. Didnt listen to my heart.

Scroll to see replies

Isn't he on TSR?
Reply 2
Original post by Sui-Kinxtar_kitty
Well me and my bf split (before anyone asks it was my fault, and always has been) and well he really really hates me and doesnt give me a chance to talk to him properly..

Its just that there are so many things I want to say to him, except at the rate this is going, I dont think I will get a chance, and my heart has become so restless, I just need to get this out in the open...

He clearly doesnt want me in his life anymore, and has told me to **** off many times now.. He has called me Smeagol, told me that everything about me repulsed him, these past few months he has had no feelings towards me whatsoever, he isnt attracted to me in any sense (and it goes on...)

I can take all that but the part that really hurts is the fact he called the card I wrote him a load of b*******

So in a way he rejected my love and feelings towards him... But losing him has really opened my eyes and Ive seen how stupid Ive been:

1. I realized I wasnt worthy of him, that something was wrong with the way I was thinking, and I told him to leave me till I sorted myself out because I couldnt continue this way, but he refused to do so, and said he wanted to help me too.

2. Many people I know, even very close mates, you asked me “doesnt your bf do [something] for you?” “what did your bf get you for [something]?” “when was the last time your bf did [something]?”
And well it did upset me a bit, and thought that maybe there was something missing and some of my friends told me to ask him myself, and I used to, and it would end up as a massive argument, the worst part was that I even convinced myself that the things my mates suggested were things I wanted, but to be honest I didnt... I was just influenced wrongly and was so blinded by everything, and it made me seem greedy.

3. The reason his comment about the card hurt me so much is because of something I never got the chance to tell him. I was too embarrassed to. There were these moments where I used to spend hours, doing absolutely nothing, but just think of him. There was no influence of my mind or people around me, it was just purely my heart. It would make me smile a lot, and I would just think about everything I loved about him and how much I appreciated him. (Its a shame I could never show him all this) And well in one of those moments I wrote that card to him, and he didnt believe it, and it hurt me so badly. Well I guess you cant blame him as I never really let my heart make my decisions, only my mind which had this flawed logic.

4. My mind and my heart always told me to do different things. My heart wanted me to tell him that I was glad he was here, I want him to stay longer, but instead of doing that I would just tell him to keep an eye on time and no be late. I always felt everything from my heart were guilty pleasures and wrong. And the biggest mistake was to listen to my mind which was also in the wrong way of thinking.

5. I have always been a coward, taking the easy way out, being selfish. My mind always told me that he wasnt happy with me, and I wasnt treating him right and well that I should leave before I got hurt. Problem is: it would just be more painful for the both of us. I was afraid of loving someone too much that I wouldnt be able to let them go, and I have realized, thats what I have done. However, I deserve everything thats happened and I cant ask for anything more from him. Ive never felt this way about anyone before, and sadly I only realized this after Ive lost him for good.

6. I know I cant make him love me, cant make him forgive me, cant make him take me back. All I want is a chance to see him again to show him Ive changed and how wrong Ive been. I still want him in my life, even if its just as acquaintances.

I am quite content with my life, Im not constantly planning things or wanting unrealistic things, just being happy with what Ive got, appreciating all the little things. Ive improved my health and Im eating much more healthier now (strangely lost 4kgs) Ive cut my hair professionally (always did it myself so I thought I would go have a change) and well Ive started enjoying my time at home and getting along with my parents really well. Its quite nice that my mind and heart are almost in unison now (okay with a few disagreements here and there)

I still love him, but I guess with time I can sort that out myself. Even so I miss him a lot, I must thank him as I wouldnt have seen how blind I was till now. Losing someone as precious as him was really painful, but his has brought big positive changes in my life. (and these changes arent for a couple of days or weeks, but for my lifetime)

tl;dr I did not cheat... I just kept asking him for so much, did not show him how much I appreciated him and push him away to the point where he completely resents me. Didnt listen to my heart.

i feel like reading this ..but i know i will lose concentration ...sorrry
Original post by rizzl8
i feel like reading this ..but i know i will lose concentration ...sorrry

No worries, I just wanted to let out everything I wanted to say and have some peace :smile:
Reply 4

i browsed through it vividly.and i think it comes down to one fact...you need to move on? plenty of charming guys out there..
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by rizzl8
i browsed through it vividly.and i think it comes down to one fact...you need to move on? plenty of charming guys out there..

I cant just yet, it just feels so wrong...

And yes I know there are plenty but they arent for me :tongue:
Reply 6
I cant just yet, it just feels so wrong...

And yes I know there are plenty but they arent for me :tongue:

i used to feel the same..the feeling you get that you feel no1 else understands you as much as she does..but there is light at the end of the tunnel i assure you.. there's 7 billion ppl in this world..the world is your oyster...!
Original post by rizzl8
i used to feel the same..the feeling you get that you feel no1 else understands you as much as she does..but there is light at the end of the tunnel i assure you.. there's 7 billion ppl in this world..the world is your oyster...!

Hmm... I do feel there are others that understand me, but Im quite selfish and its really to do with my feelings for him... And me not capable of having those feelings for someone else...

But I guess it will just take time :smile:

and thanks.
Reply 8

This requires a personality change, you will need to sort yourself out and not have expectations so much. Its unlikely you will get him back no offence. What you gonna do about it?
Original post by joeh342
This requires a personality change, you will need to sort yourself out and not have expectations so much. Its unlikely you will get him back no offence. What you gonna do about it?

I know that I wont get him back, I just want to show him Ive changed...

And Im really happy in fact :smile:

The only issue is Im not happy with the situation with him...

I just want to see him one more time for a proper goodbye
Reply 10
Hmm... I do feel there are others that understand me, but Im quite selfish and its really to do with my feelings for him... And me not capable of having those feelings for someone else...

But I guess it will just take time :smile:

and thanks.

i guess you need change the way you think..time is a healer.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 11
I know that I wont get him back, I just want to show him Ive changed...

And Im really happy in fact :smile:

The only issue is Im not happy with the situation with him...

I just want to see him one more time for a proper goodbye

If your happy then you would be able to let go and realize there is nothing you can do. I smell denial
Original post by joeh342
If your happy then you would be able to let go and realize there is nothing you can do. I smell denial

Im really not sure what it is!! My mind just wants to let it go as it knows he hates me and doesnt want me annoying him all the time... But my heart says that if I dont attempt to try at least do this, Im going to regret it...

Ive always let people "leave" me easily... It just feels very different with him :frown: and I dont want to do it :'(
Reply 13
Im really not sure what it is!! My mind just wants to let it go as it knows he hates me and doesnt want me annoying him all the time... But my heart says that if I dont attempt to try at least do this, Im going to regret it...

Ive always let people "leave" me easily... It just feels very different with him :frown: and I dont want to do it :'(

Trust me it's very easy to get attached then your mind will try justify it and find ways to get you attached, your hanging on to any attempt to get back with him. When you first saw him you probably had neutral feelings and you have just exaggerated just his good qualities and because he doesn't always act like that you get angry as he isn't meeting your expectations. Maybe you get so attached as you aren't confident in yourself so you expect it to come from him. Really you need to try to let go of these feelings, except yourself for being human and messing up and learn from it.
Reply 14
...He has called me Smeagol...

Burst out laughing when I read that!
Original post by joeh342
Trust me it's very easy to get attached then your mind will try justify it and find ways to get you attached, your hanging on to any attempt to get back with him. When you first saw him you probably had neutral feelings and you have just exaggerated just his good qualities and because he doesn't always act like that you get angry as he isn't meeting your expectations. Maybe you get so attached as you aren't confident in yourself so you expect it to come from him. Really you need to try to let go of these feelings, except yourself for being human and messing up and learn from it.

Thats probably the best advice I had all week!! :biggrin: But I still want to say bye...
Original post by Ronnie246
Burst out laughing when I read that!

He did though!! I guess its another way of saying ugly :tongue:
Reply 17
Thats probably the best advice I had all week!! :biggrin: But I still want to say bye...

I know you will want to, that's your emotions and you have to just let them pass as they don't have to be real. The more you justify and agree with this want (or behavior) the more you will feel this like this now and in the future and you won't change. It will hurt you more if it happens again so if you wanna change now is the time to stop, if you really love yourself you will be able to satisfy yourself without needing his reaction. You have to stop now or the ball will keep rolling, I know it's hard but time is your friend.
LOL smeagol
To be honest I would forget him and cut contact, contacting him all the time will only anger him more.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending