The Student Room Group

GCSE you did worst in

Scroll to see replies

English Language- C
Hated English :unimpressed:
French - got an E. I never learnt French in school and in years 10 and 11 our French teacher was off sick for 95% of the lessons. Instead we had supply teachers cover our lessons and everyone was messing around like kids in the playground. I really wanted to learn French :frown:
I left school in 2008. Got a 'u' in Maths

Posted from TSR Mobile
Astronomy GCSE (biggest regret) scraped a C, just
Reply 104
Got a B in Philosophy, we had two exams, I got an A* in the first and forgot about the second but managed to scrape a C :redface:
Reply 105
Science :frown:
Maths (I'm number blind) and PE. B in both. No-one likes moving anyway. :hmpf:
Science for me, i got 2 E's for it..I didn't pay much attention in that lesson, and when i did i just couldnt absorb what i was being taught and therefore switched off. i would love to give it another go tho, 5 years on, i recon i could do well in it.
RE, I got a D :frown: I had a panic attack In the exam and walked out, I was allowed back in, but it was an hour and Half exam. I used 27 minutes of it.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by smudge_moon
RE, I got a D :frown: I had a panic attack In the exam and walked out, I was allowed back in, but it was an hour and Half exam. I used 27 minutes of it.

You did extremely well to get a D in a third of the exam.
Reply 110
I got a C in RE. At the time I just didn't see it as important. Actually, I still don't...
Reply 111
Geography.Got a B on the coursework portion. A overall.

I also feel like venting my frustration here about Biology. It was my strongest subject and the one I liked the most but only ended up with an 'A' overall. You may think I'm overestimating myself but you have to understand that I was only one UMS off an A* and what's more, I got 100% on both exam papers!

It was the coursework that let me down-I got a B. The thing is, it was practically the same type of CW as the other sciences where I got 100% and 99% on Phy and Chem. I felt the quality of my Biology coursework was very similar to the others and when my teacher checked it, she told me it was A*. So, I felt there was no need for improving and went on my leisurely way, only to find out I got a low B when the moderator marked it(another bio teacher). I was like: :eek:
TEXTILES . . . . DAMN YOUUUU!!!!! :angry:

Thinking I was going into a subject where I could 'express my creative side' and develop gentile skills such as needlework and constructing dresses, instead it metaphorically flung me into a pit of depression and the complete inability to motivate myself to do anything. It nearly sabotaged my future.
Design And Technology: Resistant Materials and I got a B :mad:

its finee, i dont ever have to do that again, thank god...
Original post by The Mad Dog
You did extremely well to get a D in a third of the exam.

My parents see it the same way as that :wink:

Reply 115
Failing ICT :P.. because having multiplayer game sessions in our IT class secretly were more important than learning "How to type in word" or "How to add two numbers together in excel and get an answer"

Some people handed in pages and pages of work, while I handed in 3 half written sheets for the coursework.
English. Thought I could bulba my way through it but apparently bulba.
(edited 11 years ago)
English Literature :sad: Was predicted a B but ended up with a severe cold the night before.
Ended up messing up the prose paper (60% worth) & getting a D overall.
Reply 118
Original post by pratstercs
French. Got a B, but even that was due to profuse cheating in the reading and writing exams, and flopped the other two!

Haha how were you able to cheat in the exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Art. I regret wasting so much time on it when I knew I'd do awful

Quick Reply

Latest