The Student Room Group

Is it weird I hate the taste of alcohol?

Scroll to see replies

'hate the taste of alcohol'

I imagine there are very few people that like the taste of purple alcohol so no, it's not weird.

Comparing the taste of different alcoholic drinks like vodka, beer and wine is pointless. It's like comparing chocolate milkshake to orange juice.

Original post by Jareth
Don't drink alcohol most people only drink it for the same reason they smoke and you can't tell me people love the smell of cigarette smoke it's disgusting.

Oh, okay. Thank you for your profound insight.
Reply 21
Original post by concubine

Oh, okay. Thank you for your profound insight.

Thanks for your sarcastic contribution.
Original post by A Cat
Thanks for your sarcastic contribution.

It wasn't really all that sarcastic.

In many alcoholic drinks you can't really taste the alcohol, so saying 'i don't like the taste of alcohol' is stupid not only because you're not really tasting alcohol, but because there's such a wide variety of flavours when it comes to alcoholic drinks.
Reply 23
Original post by concubine
It wasn't really all that sarcastic.

In many alcoholic drinks you can't really taste the alcohol, so saying 'i don't like the taste of alcohol' is stupid not only because you're not really tasting alcohol, but because there's such a wide variety of flavours when it comes to alcoholic drinks.

I was just referring to the bit I quoted, otherwise I agree that the term used should be "alcoholic drinks" to avoid confusion but even then the OP is only referring to the ones he's tried. So please make allowances for what you deem is his error.
Reply 24
Alcohol tastes like **** to me.

So did coke or dr.pepper before I got used to it and now they taste great. I imagine that's what will happen to me with alcohol, if I drink it often enough.
nope, i only like cider, rum and whisky, all other alcohol i really dont like, its called individual tastes.
It's better to hate alcohol than to love it
I hate the taste of some like beer and stuff and I think most will agree shots don't taste good that's why you down it but mixing alcohols with juices and stuff usually tastes good when you get the right combo. And there are some, for me vodka or bicardj with lemonade, where I can't even taste the alcohol at all, only the lemonade and it tastes amazing. most neat drinks have a strong taste but j feel most don't drink it because we like the taste, we like the feeling. kinda like with cough syrup, no one likes it but it makes you feel better. You probably haven't found a combo for you yet but I'd suggest cheap alcopop like drinks with little alcohol and sweet flavours if you want to drink, if not then you can still have a great time sober, all you've got to do it order a coke or lemonade and say it's got vodka in it, I do that sometimes. Depends who you're out with and how much you can tolerate them 😂😂
In truth, nobody likes the taste of alcohol. That's why mixed drinks are so popular, the whole point is to mask the alcohol taste as much as possible. Lots of people just drink straight up vodka or whiskey or other liquors because they A)think it will change the way people see them or B)are trying to get drunk. Or both. Also concubine is an idiot, the existence of a wide variety of alcohol flavors doesn't mean people like the taste of alcohol. There's also a wide variety of stink bombs on the market. So there. And how is comparing the taste of chocolate milk to orange juice not a valid endeavor? Both are beverages. It's not like comparing orange juice to Tylenol. You're just not making sense.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 29
Original post by Tsunami1970s
In truth, nobody likes the taste of alcohol. That's why mixed drinks are so popular, the whole point is to mask the alcohol taste as much as possible. Lots of people just drink straight up vodka or whiskey or other liquors because they A)think it will change the way people see them or B)are trying to get drunk. Or both. Also concubine is an idiot, the existence of a wide variety of alcohol flavors doesn't mean people like the taste of alcohol. There's also a wide variety of stink bombs on the market. So there. And how is comparing the taste of chocolate milk to orange juice not a valid endeavor? Both are beverages. It's not like comparing orange juice to Tylenol. You're just not making sense.

There are plenty of alcoholic drinks people like the taste of even if you don't.
Also this is 7 years old so you probably won't get a response from any of them.
(edited 4 years ago)
Considering it's poisonous, not really. I think most if not all people would dislike the taste of a solution of purely alcohol and water. When added to other ingredients however I do believe it can improve the flavour profile of a drink, in the same way that other ingredients which on their own I don't particularly enjoy or even outright dislike can be combined to create something distinctly superior.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 31
You are not British.
Reply 32
Just get on with it, in my opinion, alcohol isn't for the taste but more so for what comes after.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending