The Student Room Group

Last minute as level revision plan, opinions?

Is it possible to nail all the exams? I'm a last minute reviser.

Posted from TSR iPad
Reply 1
CRAMM! it kinda of works :smile:
plus you could start tomorow d a past ppranmake notes n go over theparts you did bad in each
Yes that seems like a pretty decent schedule and it's good to use the last few weeks wisely and that revision timetable is perfect. The only worry is the lateness in which you have started, especially for Physics. It's easy to learn all the Maths content in a short period of time and ALevel Geog is a great subject, a lot of interesting topics (as I can see on your purple schedule). You might need to do some extra work on Physics though if I'm honest. Other than, the revision schedule is enough for your other subjects. Also, past papers are definitely important, especially for Maths I'll admit. If you stick to this strategic table then yes I think you wont have any big problems in the AS exams. Good Luck! :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by J.Nalbandian14
Yes that seems like a pretty decent schedule and it's good to use the last few weeks wisely and that revision timetable is perfect. The only worry is the lateness in which you have started, especially for Physics. It's easy to learn all the Maths content in a short period of time and ALevel Geog is a great subject, a lot of interesting topics (as I can see on your purple schedule). You might need to do some extra work on Physics though if I'm honest. Other than, the revision schedule is enough for your other subjects. Also, past papers are definitely important, especially for Maths I'll admit. If you stick to this strategic table then yes I think you wont have any big problems in the AS exams. Good Luck! :smile:

Thanks, good advice. But this isn't just revision, I'm a U grade in maths at the moment so I've been home tutored the past couple of weeks. Also I'm an E in Physics. Looking to pick both subjects to at least B's so this isn't revision this is teaching myself the skills in the first place. Possible do you think? I guess I'm just looking for a bit of encouragement :P

Posted from TSR iPad
In all honesty, the best way to get a grip of ALevel Maths is to past papers, you'll then
eventually get the hang of it. Obviously learn all the content and topics first and then use the knowledge to solve the tough questions. Also, I recommend a good website to you, it's called ExamSolutions. An excellent enriched site which is a tremendous resource for Maths AS/A2 revision, it includes tutorials on every topic. So I definetely recommend you google 'ExamSolutions'. It's not just for C1 bit for every ALevel Maths exam you come across. Trust me, the info on there is useful and it provides good exam tips and allows you to develop your exam technique. Physics is also a hard subject and learning the bits sometimes isn't enough to say the least. Again, exam practise is required and yeah you will need to adopt the trick of tackling the tough puzzling questions. I think that physics requires the more time and attention, you should focus on it more and you can hopefully pick up the pace on it. So yeah, I don't think you need to worry, your getting tutored at home, you've constructed a timetable well, and your revision methods are some of the best for these kinds of subjects.
Reply 5
Cram revision works the best for me :biggrin: For my psychology exam in the summer, I had four days from finishing my geography exam (which revising for took up a lot of my time so I didn't have time to think about psychology!!) to taking my psychology exam. So in the four days I literally revised none stop and got 93 UMS :smile: I've always been a last minute type of person! If I revise like weeks beforehand by the time it gets to the exam, I've forgotten it all!
Gosh, you're an early bird!
Kind of pointless thread lol, if you're concerned, just get off TSR and revise!
Reply 8
Cheers everybody.

Original post by woahpotter
Cram revision works the best for me :biggrin: For my psychology exam in the summer, I had four days from finishing my geography exam (which revising for took up a lot of my time so I didn't have time to think about psychology!!) to taking my psychology exam. So in the four days I literally revised none stop and got 93 UMS :smile: I've always been a last minute type of person! If I revise like weeks beforehand by the time it gets to the exam, I've forgotten it all!

You sound a bit like me. Everybody's always saying its bad to cram blah blah but nothing else works for me. What sort of revision techniques did you use in the 4 days before your Psychology exam?

Posted from TSR iPad
Reply 9
Original post by anonymouse01
Is it possible to nail all the exams? I'm a last minute reviser.

Posted from TSR iPad

Sure, you look prepared with the working hard part :smile:
Good luck
Reply 10
Original post by anonymouse01
Cheers everybody.

You sound a bit like me. Everybody's always saying its bad to cram blah blah but nothing else works for me. What sort of revision techniques did you use in the 4 days before your Psychology exam?

Posted from TSR iPad

Ermm I wrote out my notes again (quickly) and saying it out loud to myself really helps as well!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending