The Student Room Group

BSMS Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Anyone who has applied to BSMS do feel free to ask me ( 1st year) any questions you may have.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Anyone applied to BSMS feel free to message me (1st year) with any questions you may have.

Original post by DoctorVertigo
Anyone applied to BSMS feel free to message me (1st year) with any questions you may have.

You should be revising Fresher.
Reply 1443

I applied to BSMS and right now it is one of the few choices I have left.

What can you tell me about the way they teach at BSMS, and also the life style yuo have there?

Is it boring to live there, or can it be similar to a city such as London?

Also, how are the people there?

Thank you very much!
Original post by jinye
I applied to BSMS and right now it is one of the few choices I have left.

What can you tell me about the way they teach at BSMS, and also the life style yuo have there?

Is it boring to live there, or can it be similar to a city such as London?

Also, how are the people there?

Thank you very much!

Well the BSMS website would be best to look at. The city is great here always something to do, not like you're gonna have the time anyway haha
Reply 1445
Im applying for BSMS for 2013 entry and was wondering do you know when they send out interview/rej letters out if they interview from Jan onward just that if most people on this thread applied last year they would have an idea much appreciated !
Original post by uikram1
Im applying for BSMS for 2013 entry and was wondering do you know when they send out interview/rej letters out if they interview from Jan onward just that if most people on this thread applied last year they would have an idea much appreciated !

They interview between late Jan to mid March
Is anyone still waiting for a response?
How are we supposed to be notified?
Reply 1448
Original post by gradentry2013
Is anyone still waiting for a response?
How are we supposed to be notified?

Still waiting, end Jan/mid-Feb we should hear via UCAS notification.
Original post by Fi-Bi-G
Still waiting, end Jan/mid-Feb we should hear via UCAS notification.

What a long wait :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1450
Does anyone know what kind of questions will be asked at the interview?
Has anyone heard back yet? Should we be phoning them to ask for updates?
urrggghh still haven't heard anything either! but at least its good news, since no rejection haha :biggrin:
Anyone who has applied to BSMS do feel free to ask me ( 1st year) any questions you may have.

Hi , I`ve applied this cycle for BSMS and got on the reserve list. Do you happen to know what are the chances to get an interview based on last year evidence?
Reply 1454
Original post by andreeamihaela
Hi , I`ve applied this cycle for BSMS and got on the reserve list. Do you happen to know what are the chances to get an interview based on last year evidence?

Hi
It depends which reserve list you are on. Call them Immeiately. If you are on the POST Interview Reserve List you may have a very good chance of getting a place. I know someone who got in from that last year abd was told there are usually only up to 20 candidates on this list abd for most years ALL get a place. However, hundreds are held on the PRE Interview List and this is fairly hopeless. Be careful who you speak to at the admin office today. Be clear and concise about the 2 different lists. Do not be fobbed off by a junior who might just give a glub reply They are usually very helpful and a senior person wil
Assist and give you clear info. Good luck.
Original post by Ruby10
Hi
It depends which reserve list you are on. Call them Immeiately. If you are on the POST Interview Reserve List you may have a very good chance of getting a place. I know someone who got in from that last year abd was told there are usually only up to 20 candidates on this list abd for most years ALL get a place. However, hundreds are held on the PRE Interview List and this is fairly hopeless. Be careful who you speak to at the admin office today. Be clear and concise about the 2 different lists. Do not be fobbed off by a junior who might just give a glub reply They are usually very helpful and a senior person wil
Assist and give you clear info. Good luck.

I`m afraid it`s the pre interview ,as it states in the email.Would it be wiser to ask them to transfer my application to biomed?
Reply 1456
I`m afraid it`s the pre interview ,as it states in the email.Would it be wiser to ask them to transfer my application to biomed?

I am sorry, but you should still enquire directly to the admin office this morning. Things could be different this year and there must be a reason for BOTH lists😁. I cannot advise on whether to transfer for a different course, (biomed). You need to get proper advice here. I do know students who did a science dregree and applied to do medicine as a post graduate sucessfully afterwards. But call the BSMS office and ask their advice. But most of all, if you are really determined to be a doctor, don't give up. If you arent successful this time ( and nothing is conclusive yet) apply again , either as a post or pre grad, using the application year (gap) to get clinical work experience eg HCA in a hospital.
Goid luck

Hi, I'm afraid I don't know that statistics, however, I was on the reserve list myself and got a place so there is hope!
Hi, I'm afraid I don't know that statistics, however, I was on the reserve list myself and got a place so there is hope!

Were you on the pre interview or post interview reserve list?
Were you on the pre interview or post interview reserve list?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending