The Student Room Group

How is your A2/AS January exams revision going?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xenome
sad to say it but he is right guys when you do a resit/retake the grade boundaries are pushed up so what got you a c before would get you a d in the resit - it is designed so it is not just a back up exam you know

also if you took physics aswell you could have been me - but i got 4 U's last year XD
me no likey exams

Which subjects did you get U's in. And were you expected to get U's? And why don't you like exams.

Sorry in advance, curiosity is killing the cat

Posted from TSR iPad
Reply 41
Original post by anonymouse01
Which subjects did you get U's in. And were you expected to get U's? And why don't you like exams.

Sorry in advance, curiosity is killing the cat

Posted from TSR iPad

physics - U
chemistry - U
geography - U
maths - U

been told i am dyspraxic and have dcd in the summer and that i get severe dyslexia when i enter exam conditions ;_;
apparently after 6 years and me failing AS levels which i was predicted b's for they still didn't know they just thought i was lazy
so i do physics, chemistry and business in college instead of my comp
Reply 42
Original post by xenome
sad to say it but he is right guys when you do a resit/retake the grade boundaries are pushed up so what got you a c before would get you a d in the resit - it is designed so it is not just a back up exam you know

WHAT? So if i got like a D in May 2012 then that's equivalent to an E in the January 2013 exam? :|

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by xenome
physics - U
chemistry - U
geography - U
maths - U

been told i am dyspraxic and have dcd in the summer and that i get severe dyslexia when i enter exam conditions ;_;
apparently after 6 years and me failing AS levels which i was predicted b's for they still didn't know they just thought i was lazy
so i do physics, chemistry and business in college instead of my comp

That's quite interesting. I'm under the impression that I have Attention Deficit Disorder but I went to the doctor recently and he just told me to stop looking for medical excuses and focus on revision techniques instead, which I've been fiddling around with for years.

Like you, I've also been labelled lazy, not only by teachers but by members of family too. They've always said that I've been intelligent but academically, things are a bit of a struggle at the moment

It's a shame really :frown:

Posted from TSR iPad
I have four AS exams in the space of 3 days, starting on the 15th. I have got sooooo much work to do (oh the irony of my user name!). Don't feel prepared at all. Notes pretty much done for 3 out of the 4, but done does not mean learned!! The fourth exam is a disaster, I am teaching myself that subject and have barely begun to cover the material! I don't think it will take too long tho, thankfully! I'm kind of stressed, like an omnipresent underlying feeling of worry, but not ouvertly stressed enoungh to propel me to my desk and make me stay there!!
The fact this is the last ever January exams and this is the only year (A2) when my college allows January exams, is just, Bull****.
(edited 11 years ago)
5 exams -_-

Bio2, bio4, chem2, english lit and history. :sad:
Reply 47
Original post by Pink lipstick
I've got C3 in january too but i don't find the past papers as repetitive as C2 or C1. Every year its something different and im really worried.
Are you doing past papers or just practicing textbook questions?

Been doing both. I've started doing the Solomon papers as well to get more practice in - bear in mind they're pretty hard but I guess once I get good at the Solomon papers I should find the OCR papers A LOT easier.

Have a go at the Solomon papers.

I absolutely despise maths A-Level...
Reply 48
you guys im doing physics unit 2
bio unit 3
chemistry unit 2
and i suck .. who ever is doin these subjects any help ? we can both help each other
desperately need high marks .. to fix my old results
GUYS :l
Reply 49
Original post by samaaf
WHAT? So if i got like a D in May 2012 then that's equivalent to an E in the January 2013 exam? :|

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

well that is what i was told in my chemistry but that is for the january then june exams - but it should work out roughly like that yeah

Original post by anonymouse01
That's quite interesting. I'm under the impression that I have Attention Deficit Disorder but I went to the doctor recently and he just told me to stop looking for medical excuses and focus on revision techniques instead, which I've been fiddling around with for years.

Like you, I've also been labelled lazy, not only by teachers but by members of family too. They've always said that I've been intelligent but academically, things are a bit of a struggle at the moment

It's a shame really :frown:

Posted from TSR iPad

ah well i just got over it just like everything else in my life
Reply 50
Original post by danger-.-
you guys im doing physics unit 2
bio unit 3
chemistry unit 2
and i suck .. who ever is doin these subjects any help ? we can both help each other
desperately need high marks .. to fix my old results
GUYS :l

hey i did unit 2 chemistry and physics
failed both but i can help a bit i think - i did fine in lessons just not in the exams
Reply 51
Original post by xenome
hey i did unit 2 chemistry and physics
failed both but i can help a bit i think - i did fine in lessons just not in the exams

you repeatin them ?
i got ds in them last june ..
for physics i guess im gettin better =p i do stuck at lotta questions tho ..
chemistry im lookin for questions to solve
man its sick -.-
Reply 52
Not too well. :frown:
Tbf some people aren't doing any revision at all, By the sounds of this everyone here is doing some after all~ Every little helps ^.^ (Trying to be optimistic, I have 4- HELP!)
Reply 54
4 A2 exams: Bio(OCR), Chem(OCR), Phys(AQA), Maths(Edex)

I actually feel quite ready for them. :smile: Just got to get my head round Magnetic fields for Physics which might take some time...
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 55
Original post by danger-.-
you repeatin them ?
i got ds in them last june ..
for physics i guess im gettin better =p i do stuck at lotta questions tho ..
chemistry im lookin for questions to solve
man its sick -.-

i did edexcel last year and doing ocr this year - all my edexcel work is on A2 for ocr qualification (chemistry)

for physics i am getting relativly good marks it was that i wasnt taught very well in electricity last year - always looking for an insane/cooky physics tutor you will learn more every time

what parts are you stuck on and i will try and sum them up - for questions go look on this forum and search for your qualification - questions galore and people will help you more than i can
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 56
Original post by Hidden_Bananas
Tbf some people aren't doing any revision at all, By the sounds of this everyone here is doing some after all~ Every little helps ^.^ (Trying to be optimistic, I have 4- HELP!)

what is your revision schedule and how do you revise see if i can give you some tips ^-^
Reply 57
I haven't started revising yet but chemistry is the biggest problem
Any help? Tips! Wahhhh
Reply 58
Original post by smithstefan1995
Got 7 exams! 3 on the same day! Dont know how im going to get the grades I need -_-

:eek::confused: ive only got one! puts my worries into perspective! good luck thought!
I have AS-Physics and AS-Maths January modules. Physics is going fairly well now, but Maths isn't :no:
One of my Maths teachers is terribleawfulapallingshocking and I'm really struggling on 2 of the 8 chapters that she taught me. Shame that they seem to come up a lot on papers :sigh:

Quick Reply

Latest