The Student Room Group

Terra Firma First Round

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MAINE.
Did they say when they'd get back to you on whether you'd got through to the AC?

No they said they would get back to me and tell me the next step in case I'm successful. Fyi I'm not UK based.
Original post by MAINE.
Did they say when they'd get back to you on whether you'd got through to the AC?

But again I am not sure that the next step would be an AC. I'm trying to understand if the process is

a) App - Tests - D.Partners Interview - Terra Firma Interview - Terra Firma AC

or

b) App - Tests - D. Partners Interview - Terra Firma AC
Reply 22
Original post by keepitveryreal

But again I am not sure that the next step would be an AC. I'm trying to understand if the process is

a) App - Tests - D.Partners Interview - Terra Firma Interview - Terra Firma AC

or

b) App - Tests - D. Partners Interview - Terra Firma AC

It is the latter. Does anyone have any idea how many people they are interviewing at Dartmouth/how many AC places there are??
Reply 23
Is your first interview going to be with Terra Firma staff or D. Partners ?
I'm asking because so far I had one quick phone interview with D. Partners and another one-on-one at their offices.

Hey, congrats on getting the interviews. Have they asked technical questions or focused rather on the business knowledge?
Reply 24
Original post by vedator
Hey, congrats on getting the interviews. Have they asked technical questions or focused rather on the business knowledge?

Interested in this as well: What was the focus?
Reply 25
Original post by MAINE.

They are waiting for all in office numericals to be completed etc. before they decide on ac. I have mine beginning of jan, So might take a while.
Original post by vedator

My interview was mostly CV-based. We talked a lot about my previous work experiences, most of the discussion rotated around that. Then we moved to discuss my motivation to join TF.

How about your interviews folks ?
Reply 27
Are all the people applying undergraduates? For some reason I thought Blackstone was the only PE firm that hires from undergraduate. I thought the rest hire analysts from Investment Banks from groups such as M&A, Leveraged Finance and Financial Sponsors. Due to developed financial modelling skills, seeing deals completed and knowing about junk bonds (main firm if leverage PE firms use) and the fact financial sponsors service PE firms with services such as leverage etc. or perhaps management consultants, especially if they have advised companies similar or the same as the PE firm's portfolio companies which they own.
Got rejection today..
Reply 29
Anyone know the starting salary at Terra Firma? In theory they should be making on par or above street, but judging by calibre of some of the people on the grad programme there I get the feeling they're not.
Reply 30
Original post by MAINE.
Anyone know the starting salary at Terra Firma? In theory they should be making on par or above street, but judging by calibre of some of the people on the grad programme there I get the feeling they're not.

what a douchey thing to say! Good luck getting a job anywhere sir!
Reply 31
Original post by TraderGirl
what a douchey thing to say! Good luck getting a job anywhere sir!

Thanks. I'm just glad I got a chance to feed that high horse you're sitting on.
Reply 32
Also, just found this:

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/3b610e76-99e9-11e1-aa6d-00144feabdc0.html#axzz2GeV3mlmC

I'm not sure what the prospects are for a firm where the founder has to dip into his own pockets to keep people walking out the door. Doesnt seem like it bodes well for pay.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 33
My interview was mostly CV-based. We talked a lot about my previous work experiences, most of the discussion rotated around that. Then we moved to discuss my motivation to join TF.

How about your interviews folks ?

i have my in office numerical next week..can you please shed some light on dress code?? Suit?? i know for the mckinsey PST most people came in smart casual, but in doubt about this one!
many thanks
Reply 34
The Tests in the office are really nothing to worry about. They are very basic, easier then most of the tests at banks, but you have to work quickly. Regarding the dress code, just go for business smart and you will be alright.

Anyone else has some info on the D.Partners Interview?
Reply 35
i knew some classmates who joined this firm due to the fact that they did not get into any other programme in investment banking
I think it's not even worth to answer to some stupid posts. I believe this a good firm, if u r not interested just dont participate to this discussion. Anyway the AC is on the 30/31 of Jan. I believe they'll start calling very soon for invitations. They also told me we'll have to do personality online tests (again but slightly different).
Reply 37
Supposedly, there is one guy on WSO who has already received an offer from TF if I understood his post correctly. Does anyone know whether they held an AC already?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending