The Student Room Group

Exams, exams and more exams

I've been off school for almost a term due to glandular fever and as you can imagine I've missed a lot of work and have been unable to revise due to getting fatigued.

School have only sent me English, maths, CORE science (the wrong one, it was meant to be additional science work, even though my mum rang up!) and ICT work. I have an Of Mice and Men exam, a history exam on Britain 1890-1918 (I think!) and additional science!

The best of all is that school haven't sent me my exam timetable, so I've had to ask my friends for the dates, and it's not good. My English language exam on Of Mice and Men is next week on Thursday and history and science the week after. I'm stressing so much, I've revised a bit but I'm panicking so much because I haven't got a lot of time. Anyone got any advice on what to do? I thought of seeing if I could reschedule my exams for the summer, but that means more stress when I have more exams.

Thank you :smile:
You are unbelievably deserving of a hug! I've got the same British paper which is looking to be a real pain and its on the 23rd.
Reply 2
Unfortunately you still have to do the exams, but don't stress! Since your Of Mice and Men exam is the first to appear, I'd revise for that more than the other subjects, then as it gets closer to your History and Science, begin to revise them more and your Of Mice and Men less.

The night before of each exam, do a miniscule amount of revision and then just rest and get some sleep and you'll be fine.

I'm sure you'll do great :smile: and good luck!
Reply 3
Original post by Hannahk17
I've been off school for almost a term due to glandular fever and as you can imagine I've missed a lot of work and have been unable to revise due to getting fatigued.

School have only sent me English, maths, CORE science (the wrong one, it was meant to be additional science work, even though my mum rang up!) and ICT work. I have an Of Mice and Men exam, a history exam on Britain 1890-1918 (I think!) and additional science!

The best of all is that school haven't sent me my exam timetable, so I've had to ask my friends for the dates, and it's not good. My English language exam on Of Mice and Men is next week on Thursday and history and science the week after. I'm stressing so much, I've revised a bit but I'm panicking so much because I haven't got a lot of time. Anyone got any advice on what to do? I thought of seeing if I could reschedule my exams for the summer, but that means more stress when I have more exams.

Thank you :smile:

You can re-sit anything once so there is nothing to lose by having the best go you can now and then re-sitting if it doesn't go well. It's worth buying revision guides (CGP do them for most things) if you have missed a lot of stuff but make sure you have the correct guides for the right exam board, right specifications etc. Order them first class on Amazon today and they should be her by Wed.
Reply 4
Original post by architect_2022
You are unbelievably deserving of a hug! I've got the same British paper which is looking to be a real pain and its on the 23rd.

Haha, I'm actually dreading it, because I got a D, so I'm retaking it.

Original post by Beat
Unfortunately you still have to do the exams, but don't stress! Since your Of Mice and Men exam is the first to appear, I'd revise for that more than the other subjects, then as it gets closer to your History and Science, begin to revise them more and your Of Mice and Men less.

The night before of each exam, do a miniscule amount of revision and then just rest and get some sleep and you'll be fine.

I'm sure you'll do great :smile: and good luck!

I have a week to revise so I think I'll do it!

Original post by Data
You can re-sit anything once so there is nothing to lose by having the best go you can now and then re-sitting if it doesn't go well. It's worth buying revision guides (CGP do them for most things) if you have missed a lot of stuff but make sure you have the correct guides for the right exam board, right specifications etc. Order them first class on Amazon today and they should be her by Wed.

I'm in year 11, so I won't get a chance to retake. I'm already retaking history and English language. I have the Of Mice and Men revision guide, a history revision guide and the additional science one, it's the right exam board just not for the 2011 specification, which is annoying as I can't find it anywhere, other than school. Which I haven't been able to go to.
Reply 5

I'm in year 11, so I won't get a chance to retake. I'm already retaking history and English language.

There's another chance to re-sit in the summer, but you only get one re-sit so if you're really not fit in January don't waste your last chance - get withdrawn and then re-sit in the summer.
Reply 6
Original post by Data
There's another chance to re-sit in the summer, but you only get one re-sit so if you're really not fit in January don't waste your last chance - get withdrawn and then re-sit in the summer.

The thing is I'm back at school on Monday, unless I'm dying or in hospital they will make me do the exams. Idk whether it's just my school. Since it's a retake for Of Mice and Men, I haven't even been able to read the book without becoming knackered. The history one is also a retake and I have to learn all the stuff again. But with the science, the school has really annoyed me they sent me year 10 work instead of year 11 work. I'm just stuffed.
Reply 7
I have the Of Mice and Men exam on the 9th. Totally psyched for it!
Original post by architect_2022

is that the paper 2 source work??
im doing a history source work paper 2 exam on the 23rd but its for crime and punishment..did ur teacher tell u what the topic is on?? my teacher said mine is on peterloo, so how are u revising?
Reply 9
Original post by Krooka
I have the Of Mice and Men exam on the 9th. Totally psyched for it!

How have you revised for it? I'm completely stuck lol.
Reply 10
Original post by sweet_gyal97
is that the paper 2 source work??
im doing a history source work paper 2 exam on the 23rd but its for crime and punishment..did ur teacher tell u what the topic is on?? my teacher said mine is on peterloo, so how are u revising?

My exam is British depth study I think, there's three topics it could be on which are First World War, Liberal Reforms and the Suffragettes and Suffragists. My school gave me booklets a few weeks back, so I going to fill them out and also I'm going to do past papers :smile:
My exam is British depth study I think, there's three topics it could be on which are First World War, Liberal Reforms and the Suffragettes and Suffragists. My school gave me booklets a few weeks back, so I going to fill them out and also I'm going to do past papers :smile:

so the topic isnt confirmed?? my teacher said mine is on peterloo so i am just revising that or is he only predicting that?
Reply 12
Original post by sweet_gyal97
so the topic isnt confirmed?? my teacher said mine is on peterloo so i am just revising that or is he only predicting that?

He's most likely predicting it, last time i did the eam, my teacher thought it would be on the Suffragettes and Suffragists, but it was on the Liberal Reforms. I have a feeling it will either be the Suffragettes and Suffragists or the First World Was for me. There should be some past papers :smile:
He's most likely predicting it, last time i did the eam, my teacher thought it would be on the Suffragettes and Suffragists, but it was on the Liberal Reforms. I have a feeling it will either be the Suffragettes and Suffragists or the First World Was for me. There should be some past papers :smile:

oh, thats not good then....
but your not doing crime and punishment so i doubt that u can predict what mine might be on...
Reply 14
How have you revised for it? I'm completely stuck lol.
A single practice essay and my mock. 46/60 in the mock, good enough to finish literature with an A* over all :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest