The Student Room Group

I don't want to be gay

Scroll to see replies

Original post by joeh342
So you would wanna marry a woman but not have sex with her and sex with a man? Strange, not that I mind if you get me but I think I know what you mean.

Wait what? no I love sex with women too, I love sex with both men and women, I just don't like the idea of dating men... never really seen it as an option.
Reply 21
Original post by tehFrance
Wait what? no I love sex with women too, I love sex with both men and women, I just don't like the idea of dating men... never really seen it as an option.

Dating men is weird you mean?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Thank you all for replying. I was going to say that earlier but I couldn't find the thread. For some reason a rather stupid mod decided this wasn't a health or mental health issue but a life style issue.
Original post by Anonymous
If I could take a pill to be normal I would.

Being gay does not mean you are abnormal :smile:

I personally view gay people as being normal. I don't care whether someone likes men or women, everyone is different and entitled to live their life how they want to :smile:
I am bisexual and personally the idea of dating men is not my cup of tea but sex, sex with other men is very much the bees knees :cool:

Don't worry about being gay, nothing wrong with it in the slightest. Go out there and live your life without a care in the world for what others think :h:

So I understand now why there are some married men who are still looking for discreet gay sex...
Original post by joeh342
Dating men is weird you mean?

Sure... it isn't something I would do, I would have to really like the guy and I don't spend enough time with a single guy to get to know them that way. It is all about the anonymous ONS not the wine and dine I like with women :smile:
Original post by Londonburger
So I understand now why there are some married men who are still looking for discreet gay sex...

Yeah... nothing wrong with it.
Original post by Miracle Day
Same as this guy, I think most gays feel like this.

My advice would be actively try and meet other gays and you'll realise they're as normal as anyone else. A year ago I would have taken that pill, but now hell no. Being gay is awesome.

I'm liking this post :wink: Good for you :smile:
Reply 27
I am struggling to come to terms with myself. After successive bad relationships with girls I had little to no attraction to I don't think I can hide who I am anymore. Growing up I have been attracted to both guys and girls but probably started noticing guys more around the age of 14. I didn't think much of it until I was about 18 and I started noticing I liked more guys than girls. Now I am 21 and have thought I could be bi so a few weeks ago I was slightly tipsy and a guy came on to me. I thought why not? I have never felt more comfortable or more attractive than when I was with him. A big part of me has always suspected I could be gay and I hate it. I am disgusted with myself that I liked him so much. If I could take a pill to be normal I would. I don't know what to do with myself. I don't want to be gay. I am depressed and just don't know what to do.
Are you depressed about being gay because of the potential social stigma, or because it's not who you feel you really are?
either

1) religion/culture has made you think being gay is weird/wrong (which it's not)

or

2) You are straight but you havent found the right person for you.
I am struggling to come to terms with myself. After successive bad relationships with girls I had little to no attraction to I don't think I can hide who I am anymore. Growing up I have been attracted to both guys and girls but probably started noticing guys more around the age of 14. I didn't think much of it until I was about 18 and I started noticing I liked more guys than girls. Now I am 21 and have thought I could be bi so a few weeks ago I was slightly tipsy and a guy came on to me. I thought why not? I have never felt more comfortable or more attractive than when I was with him. A big part of me has always suspected I could be gay and I hate it. I am disgusted with myself that I liked him so much. If I could take a pill to be normal I would. I don't know what to do with myself. I don't want to be gay. I am depressed and just don't know what to do.

I am sorry you feel this way. I'm sure it must be tough. But being gay isn't something to be ashamed of. It isn't abnormal. Being gay doesn't make you somehow worse than other people.

I hope you can come to terms with this. If you need help or just need to talk feel free to PM me.
Sure... it isn't something I would do, I would have to really like the guy and I don't spend enough time with a single guy to get to know them that way. It is all about the anonymous ONS not the wine and dine I like with women :smile:

Yeah... nothing wrong with it.

their wives would get mad once they got to know...
Reply 31
Guys, this is NOT the time and the place for a debate about the morality of homosexuality. Take it to D&CA > Society if you must insist on an ad nauseam discussion.
Reply 32
Ignore the people saying oh your gay just embrace it because it won't change etc etc Just focus on the comments that give you options.

If you feel disgusted then focus all of your energy into not liking men or just be gree..erm Bi-sexual? I wouldn't wanna encourage you to go either way (fully straight/ gay) but you did say you are disgusted with your homo feelings so try suppressing them as it could be a phase. If they come back then...well it's pretty obvious.
Original post by Hooj
Ignore the people saying oh your gay just embrace it because it won't change etc etc Just focus on the comments that give you options.

If you feel disgusted then focus all of your energy into not liking men or just be gree..erm Bi-sexual? I wouldn't wanna encourage you to go either way (fully straight/ gay) but you did say you are disgusted with your homo feelings so try suppressing them as it could be a phase. If they come back then...well it's pretty obvious.

How is suppressing those feelings a good thing? Why shouldn't they embrace their feelings? Maybe they are bisexual but that doen't mean they should just suppress their same-sex desires. If the person is disgusted by their same-sex attractions why wouldn't it be better to address that disgust than feed it?
Reply 34
Original post by RandZul'Zorander
How is suppressing those feelings a good thing? Why shouldn't they embrace their feelings? Maybe they are bisexual but that doen't mean they should just suppress their same-sex desires. If the person is disgusted by their same-sex attractions why wouldn't it be better to address that disgust than feed it?

You address the disgust my removing it. One way is to suppress just incase it is in fact a phase. Let us not encourage the lad to get jiggy with men only to realize it really wasn't for him in the end because that is harder to live with.

He can't embrace something he detests, that would be stupid. I hate apple crumble, should i embrace it bearing in mind it makes me puke in the same way his feelings make him feel disgusted?
OP wow really? If you like boys, you like boys! If you like girls also who gives a toss.
This is something that I find extremely aggravating, not everything has to come with a label, you don't need to go your whole life worrying about putting yourself in a box. Just do what makes you happy.
Reply 36
Original post by architect_2022
OP wow really? If you like boys, you like boys! If you like girls also who gives a toss.
This is something that I find extremely aggravating, not everything has to come with a label, you don't need to go your whole life worrying about putting yourself in a box. Just do what makes you happy.

I think his issue is more that he doesn't want to like boys, not so much that he doesn't like the label.
Original post by Hooj
You address the disgust my removing it. One way is to suppress just incase it is in fact a phase. Let us not encourage the lad to get jiggy with men only to realize it really wasn't for him in the end because that is harder to live with.

Addressing something does not mean removing it. Suppressing is the exact opposite of addressing. I didn't say anyone should go do anything with anyone. Merely explore and address the feelings of disgust they have. Experimenting may not be the right thing.

He can't embrace something he detests, that would be stupid. I hate apple crumble, should i embrace it bearing in mind it makes me puke in the same way his feelings make him feel disgusted?

This is the silliest thing to say. You can of course embrace something you detest. Why can't they address those feelings of detest and come to accept who they are (assuming the are actually gay? Why is that impossible? I think you should talk to some homosexuals as I'm sure they can attest that it is very possible.
I hate being alive but I am not complaining all the time.
I hate being alive but I am not complaining all the time.

I know how you feel.Although I've never been with a girl I've done one or two things with guys I I liked it.If I came out I'd loose my family and friends..I'm so confused and don't know what to do.
What makes it worse is that recently I think I like a particular girl ?

I really don't know what to do ?????

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending