The Student Room Group

gcse science ocr 21st century

is nybody doing the b4b5b6 and c4c5c6 this january is so i need some revision tips and how to do well on 6 marrk questions
thank youuu!!!!:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I have Chem 456 and Phys 456. Feeling reasonably confident. Does anyone know where I can get my hands on any past papers for either?
Reply 2
There's no past papers as it a new syllabus, however there are specimen papers on the OCR website so check those out - specimen papers are much harder than actual exam papers so don't fret if you get a few things wrong
Reply 3
I've done the phys specimen paper in class and we haven't got anywhere near finishing chem, in fact I doubt that we will finish it in time for the exam, so I've taught myself chem as well as I can. Would be happy to do any internet revision with anyone who wants to.
Reply 4
Original post by Krollo
I've done the phys specimen paper in class and we haven't got anywhere near finishing chem, in fact I doubt that we will finish it in time for the exam, so I've taught myself chem as well as I can. Would be happy to do any internet revision with anyone who wants to.

I would help but we haven't done C5 but we've done C4 and C6 I can help if you want :colondollar:
Reply 5
Original post by stephbo
I would help but we haven't done C5 but we've done C4 and C6 I can help if you want :colondollar:

We've nearly finished C4 so I'm OK with that, C5 and C6 are what we still have to do. Wouldn't mind getting a headstart on C6 if you're offering.
Reply 6
Original post by Krollo
We've nearly finished C4 so I'm OK with that, C5 and C6 are what we still have to do. Wouldn't mind getting a headstart on C6 if you're offering.

Anyone interested in doing some Internet revision with me?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Krollo
Anyone interested in doing some Internet revision with me?

Posted from TSR Mobile

i have this exam next week and struggling on c5 and c6
Reply 8
Original post by npba
i have this exam next week and struggling on c5 and c6

What particular topics? I'm pretty happy with all of it now so if you need any help just ask

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
Reply 9
Original post by Krollo
What particular topics? I'm pretty happy with all of it now so if you need any help just ask

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100

identifying positive and negative ions in c5 is pretty complicated
Reply 10
Urgh. Dreading this exam. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by npba
identifying positive and negative ions in c5 is pretty complicated

Don't you just have to look at the precipitate colours for this? All the transitional metals have a unique colour when added to excess sodium. Hydroxide or something. It's the table at the start of the paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by depressed1
Don't you just have to look at the precipitate colours for this? All the transitional metals have a unique colour when added to excess sodium. Hydroxide or something. It's the table at the start of the paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile

so you dont have to learn this am i correct :smile:
Reply 13
well how did your biology b4 b5 b6 exams go ????
Reply 14
The specimen paper gives the details of testing for ions at the start of the paper but I memorised them anyway. I have a bit of a problem with learning all the ways you work out current/PD/resistance etc. in series and parallel circuits but I have done practice and am now OK.

Random practice questions:

1) Give the balanced symbol equation for he reaction between nitric acid and calcium carbonate.
2) Describe the life cycle of aluminium.
3) Give the three ways of measuring rates of reaction and give an advantage and disadvantage of each.
4) Describe the safety precautions required during the use of group 1 and 7 elements.
5) Bob has a solution of a mystery ionic compound. He adds sodium hydroxide and gets a sludgy green precipitate. He adds HCl followed by barium chloride solution and gets a white precipitate.
Give the formula of his compound and describe the structure of its bonds.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by stephbo

could you help me on purity please :confused:
Reply 16
The formulae in the cgp book for purity are provided in the exam (I think) so all you really need to know for purity is what it is, how you can measure it and why some things need to be very pure e.g. Petrochemicals.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Also you could check out ryansecondaryscience on YouTube.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
So how did chemistry go?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
not too esay honestly what about you ???

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending