The Student Room Group

How is your A2/AS January exams revision going?

Scroll to see replies

If I'm honest, I'm very worried. I'm made out to be a complete genius by all my family, teachers and friends. I have had a lot of problems recently. I haven't been eating, haven't be sleeping and haven't been thinking straight for a long while. Obviously, this has affected my revision. I just could not do it. I could not keep that 'revision' mind set. I have my first exam in 9 days. My Biology teacher expects me to get top of the class and near 100%. I have not yet started revising, I just cannot think properly. I plan on trying to go 'full steam ahead' starting tomorrow. Utilising every single spare second towards revision. I have 5 exams in January:

Biology OCR
Physics OCR
Maths C1 AQA
Maths S1 AQA
Maths D1 AQA

Most comfortable - Least comfortable:
C1 - Physics - S1 - D1 - Biology

Sat Add. Maths last year, so C1 is an absolute breeze, no worries there. I pick up physics naturally and read it recreationally anyway, finding this module easy and not too much info. I only dislike deformation of solids as its pretty boring. Now, I hate stats, but S1 is OK - most of the stuff you need is in the bloody formula booklet. I hate D1. Hate it. I find it incredible pointless and boring. I wish I didn't have to sit it - I imagine this will be my lowest maths score. As for biology, I wasn't in college for the last week or so, so I don't even know the full course. I believe this is the hardest exam due to the amount of information to remember. The concepts are not difficult, they're just a LOT of things to learn, and you have to know where to use the correct technical terms. Not comfortable with transport in plants or cell division. I really need to blast biology for the whole week and pull off a ****ing miracle.

I'm supposed to be getting all A's. 95%-100%'s in my Maths and Physics exams (HAHA! What a disappointment I am going to be). Even my biology teacher wants me to hit high 90's. I'd be delighted with an A. I've got enough on my mind as it is, and exam stress is just topping it all off. I need help.
Original post by xenome
I did edexcel aswell i believe - my plan is at the top of page 4 in this thread hope you find it helpful

i did water, climate and another subject in G1 and something like population and 2 other topics in G2 sorry im am not specific i dont have the best on the spot memory no matter how hard i wish

Thank you! YOU ARE AMAZING XX
and it doesnt ring a bell them topics, ours are energy insecurity, bidiversity, superpowers, technological fix ect
Mine's going terribly
Wow, I thought I was the only one who was screwed for these exams :P At least people are on the same boat as me :L
Plus I've got 6 exams as opposed to the average 3-4, so yeah, things aren't looking good for me :L
I'm doing two exams in Jan: Biology and RS. and I'm stressed and nervous etc...but I'm up-to-date with my revision and everything is going to plan thankfully (: Good luck to everyone! :biggrin:
Original post by anonymouse01
Which topics are you struggling on and which exam board are you on

Posted from TSR iPad

Edexcel - C1 - Chapters 4 & 5 - mostly stuff on Chapter 5 about co-ordinate geometry, basically all questions involving this, thanks for any help you give me :h:
Original post by xenome
I recommend starting with light revision so take a few words from key definitions or questions and inversely work out what they are from - helped me out but i am labeled as insane so i am not sure if it will work amazingly or if this even makes sense

Thanks, i'll try that
Good luck with your revision/exams :redface:

No. Just no.
Reply 109
Original post by CharlieBoardman
If I'm honest, I'm very worried. I'm made out to be a complete genius by all my family, teachers and friends. I have had a lot of problems recently. I haven't been eating, haven't be sleeping and haven't been thinking straight for a long while. Obviously, this has affected my revision. I just could not do it. I could not keep that 'revision' mind set. I have my first exam in 9 days. My Biology teacher expects me to get top of the class and near 100%. I have not yet started revising, I just cannot think properly. I plan on trying to go 'full steam ahead' starting tomorrow. Utilising every single spare second towards revision. I have 5 exams in January:

Biology OCR
Physics OCR
Maths C1 AQA
Maths S1 AQA
Maths D1 AQA

Most comfortable - Least comfortable:
C1 - Physics - S1 - D1 - Biology

Sat Add. Maths last year, so C1 is an absolute breeze, no worries there. I pick up physics naturally and read it recreationally anyway, finding this module easy and not too much info. I only dislike deformation of solids as its pretty boring. Now, I hate stats, but S1 is OK - most of the stuff you need is in the bloody formula booklet. I hate D1. Hate it. I find it incredible pointless and boring. I wish I didn't have to sit it - I imagine this will be my lowest maths score. As for biology, I wasn't in college for the last week or so, so I don't even know the full course. I believe this is the hardest exam due to the amount of information to remember. The concepts are not difficult, they're just a LOT of things to learn, and you have to know where to use the correct technical terms. Not comfortable with transport in plants or cell division. I really need to blast biology for the whole week and pull off a ****ing miracle.

I'm supposed to be getting all A's. 95%-100%'s in my Maths and Physics exams (HAHA! What a disappointment I am going to be). Even my biology teacher wants me to hit high 90's. I'd be delighted with an A. I've got enough on my mind as it is, and exam stress is just topping it all off. I need help.

I genuinely wish you the best of luck, I hope you get top grades. You may be very surprised All I can say is, if you stick to revision over the next 9 days, I am sure you can do it.
I'm doing about 5 hours each day, which I thought was alot but you lot are starting to scare me with your 6/7 hours :O I really need to work harder!
Original post by celina10
I'm doing about 5 hours each day, which I thought was alot but you lot are starting to scare me with your 6/7 hours :redface: I really need to work harder!

Try at least 10 a day -.-

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 112
Original post by xenome
sad to say it but he is right guys when you do a resit/retake the grade boundaries are pushed up so what got you a c before would get you a d in the resit - it is designed so it is not just a back up exam you know

also if you took physics aswell you could have been me - but i got 4 U's last year XD
me no likey exams

Since when to they raise the boundary if your doing a retake?! :eek:
I have 6 exams, started revising last week ish (?) and in these past 2 days my motivation has been zero. :frown:
Reply 114
Original post by Levi_0100
Since when to they raise the boundary if your doing a retake?! :eek:

I think people have blown this too far out of proportion - the grade boundaire raise a bit during resits not tonnes but enough to make a difference
say you got 37% and you scraped an E resit and you get 38% and get a U because the boundary would have been raised by 5% which is like 4-5 marks
Original post by xenome
I think people have blown this too far out of proportion - the grade boundaire raise a bit during resits not tonnes but enough to make a difference
say you got 37% and you scraped an E resit and you get 38% and get a U because the boundary would have been raised by 5% which is like 4-5 marks

4-5 marks means a lot to me... :eek:
Reply 116
To be honest, it's going horrifically bad. But I guess that's partially my fault.
Reply 117
I HAVE NEVER PROCRASTINATED SO MUCH IN MY LIFE!

UGH......APPLIED FOR ONE OF THE TOUGHEST COURSES EVER AND NOW I'M FEARING THE UNIS WILL GET MY JANUARY MODULE RESULTS.....DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THEY WILL OR NOT?

I have Biol 1, Biol 4, Chem 4 and Maths C3...

Biol 1 and Chem 4 I'm not too bad at atm, Core 3 is a nightmare, Biol 4 is just wtf...

Ugh....
Reply 118
I don't know what's happened to me. Last year I was so hard working but I just honestly cannot be arsed to revise at the moment. I'm fed up of it all! I don't know why I have so little motivation to do anything. It's so bad. If I work flat out then I should be okay hopefully.

Oh well, there's always retakes in the summer, right?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 119
Got 8!
3 Chem,
3 Maths,
2 Phys!

Doing a lot now but have done practically nothing over the past few weeks!

SOOO easily distracted

Quick Reply

Latest