The Student Room Group

Is it unreasonable for me to be annoyed? What should I do?

Girlfriend of over 2 years has really annoyed me because she does not want to go out for NYE. This has meant that I will not be going out tonight to see some friends I only see 1/2 times a year. She does not want to go as she does not know anyone that well, does not like NYE and doesn't see all the fuss. Instead she is just coming round to mine for a few hours. Is it unreasonable for me to be annoyed? Should I say that I'm annoyed to her? Some of my friends can't believe it. If I went on my own I don't think it would be a good idea. I would also feel weird as all my friends will be with their girlfriends.
Reply 1
Your girlfriend is coming to visit your house on NYE and you're complaining? Quickly bro, get dinner on, throw rose petals over the bed and light some candles. It's your lucky night :wink:
Is it possible to go show your face with your friends once your girlfriend has gone home?
Original post by RichyFrench
Is it possible to go show your face with your friends once your girlfriend has gone home?

No because she is coming at 10pm.
Reply 4
Can't you ask her to visit you tomorrow?
Original post by Soph.Jade
Can't you ask her to visit you tomorrow?

She's working tomorrow but that isn't the point. Surely NYE is special?
Reply 6
Original post by Idrink2muchcoffee

Yeah, it is but if you want to go out surely your gf wouldn't begrudge you for it? Or could you ask her to go out for an hour so you can see your mates but don't stay out?
Reply 7

You have an opportunity to get laid tonight, don't waste it!
Original post by Soph.Jade
Yeah, it is but if you want to go out surely your gf wouldn't begrudge you for it? Or could you ask her to go out for an hour so you can see your mates but don't stay out?

If I did go out it would be really weird especially when it's mindnight and everybody is with their gf/bf and mine would be at home.
Reply 9
does not like NYE and doesn't see all the fuss.

Go see your friends...?

luls at the 'lucky night' bull****. If getting laid is truly a special occasion in a relationship something has gone drastically wrong.
Reply 10
Just ask your gf to come an other time, say you wanna see your friends. Anyone with a tad of empathy would understand.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 11
What have you done the last two NYE's you've been with her?
Clearly she wants you to herself and maybe for other reasons as well :wink:
Original post by Michaelj
Just ask your gf to come an other time, say you wanna see your friends. Anyone with a tad of empathy would understand.

Anyone with a tad of empathy would understand her view too.

It depends, if you took her out to be with your friends on previous years, no, you shouldn't be annoyed, live with it.

However, if she does this every year, go and see your friends! (or bring them round).
Original post by moonkatt
What have you done the last two NYE's you've been with her?

Last year I was working late so I just went round to her house after and the year before we went out but she didn't drink
Reply 15
Original post by concubine

Go see your friends...?

luls at the 'lucky night' bull****. If getting laid is truly a special occasion in a relationship something has gone drastically wrong.

His balls are like rocks, let him release his juices upon the world!
I would have suggested why doesn't she come out too but she's not into all this new years eve. Anyway tough call night with a girlfriend or a night with your friends drinking, personally I would go with the friends option just because you see your girlfriend all the time and your friends you don't get so much of an opportunity.
Turns out all the people going out are single lol. Maybe it would be a good idea just to stay with my gf then

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending