The Student Room Group

If you accidentally killed somebody, what would you do?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
[video="youtube;tMMwq2AMgoY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMMwq2AMgoY[/video]
Will you serve jail time even if it's 'manslaughter' but through no fault at all of your own? E.g. you're driving sober, driving safely within the speed limit and someone runs directly in front of you?

Anyway, cry, then call my parents and ask them what to do ...
What, in the UK? I thought the general impression was that our jail terms were too short. And you can only serve time if you get convicted; obvious answer is to get rid of all forensic evidence so the police never suspect you, or get a really good barrister and plead not guilty, or try and bribe/intimidate the jury, or simply just foxtrot oscar out of the country and go into hiding. I'd personally do the last one.
For people who watch Breaking Bad they know what to do with the corpse. One word... acid.
But in all honesty, I would panic and probably turn my self in.
Reply 24
Surely that depends.

If I believe I could be held responsible I would hide the body of course. **** "owning up to what you did". The person is dead not like my life being ruined too with a prison sentence would make up for it.

if it literally is just some freak accident I would attempt CPR and call an ambulance.
Original post by Addster
I'd chop their body up, put the parts into black bin bags, take my boat out out into the ocean and dump their bodies in while I'm above the gulf stream, which will take their bodies thousands of miles away.

Dexter :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
If I told you I'd have to kill you.
Yeah... that's not how it works. You don't go to prison for accidents. If you "accidentally" killed someone whilst, and as a result of, juggling loaded guns right next to him, then you have negligently killed them, and will go to jail. If it was a pure accident, that wasn't caused by extreme stupidity on your part, you're fine.

That being the case, obviously I'd alert the authorities. Someone's dead. Their family and friends need to know. Besides, if you cover it up, you may make it look as though it wasn't an accident.

Original post by FallenDeath
For people who watch Breaking Bad they know what to do with the corpse. One word... acid.
But in all honesty, I would panic and probably turn my self in.

If you were to encapsulate fully the lessons of that TV show on this topic, I think you'd have to add to the one word "acid" the two words "in plastic" :colonhash:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by joker12345
Will you serve jail time even if it's 'manslaughter' but through no fault at all of your own? E.g. you're driving sober, driving safely within the speed limit and someone runs directly in front of you?

Anyway, cry, then call my parents and ask them what to do ...

Probably not if there were witnesses who could corroborate your story in court. You probably wouldn't be charged if someone saw it, as it would most likely be a suicide. If there weren't any witnesses, then it'd be very hard to prove it but I'm sure a good lawyer could.
Original post by Bonoahx
Probably not if there were witnesses who could corroborate your story in court. You probably wouldn't be charged if someone saw it, as it would most likely be a suicide. If there weren't any witnesses, then it'd be very hard to prove it but I'm sure a good lawyer could.

If there were no witnesses, your story is the only one, there is no evidence against you, and you walk.

Besides which, modern forensics would reveal enough about the crash to demonstrate your innocence.
Reply 30
I am pretty sure I'd confess. I have always been good at facing up to my guilt... though luckily I've never had anything quite as major as that.

Besides, manslaughter doesn't necessarily mean a jail sentence. My cousin actually ran somebody over and killed him, he wasn't sent to jail.
Reply 31

Hey Miguel, what's up? :smile:
Reply 32
i would used the man's blood to half written my enemy name on the floor as if he was trying to tell the police who had murder him /her.

then i would hide and wait for someone to find the body. i will then stalk my enemy and wait to see the confused look on his face when he got arrest /invited for questioning.

then when i got arrest , i will bravely admit it is just a practical joke and tell the police I am a comedian and i take black humour very seriously, and quote Russell peters '' inside a comedian head , there's no filter , we saw **** up stuff and we instantly think , waiiitttt , i wonder what would happen if i did this .......'

i think i am going to hell .........
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 33
I would just hide in my Mom's basement and play Battlefield 3 :smile:
Reply 34
Original post by Addster
I'd chop their body up, put the parts into black bin bags, take my boat out out into the ocean and dump their bodies in while I'm above the gulf stream, which will take their bodies thousands of miles away.

Or you **** it up and someone find your plastic bags and some FBI guy fondling your sister will look for you.
Reply 35
Original post by danny111
Or you **** it up and someone find your plastic bags and some FBI guy fondling your sister will look for you.

That's very true.

I'd probably try to cover it up and keep it a secret
Then I'd probably go mad with guilt and end up telling someone close to me
Then I'd have the police knocking on my door and arresting me next morning because my friends can't keep secrets
Original post by TimmonaPortella
If there were no witnesses, your story is the only one, there is no evidence against you, and you walk.

Besides which, modern forensics would reveal enough about the crash to demonstrate your innocence.

Good point.

Anyway, in response to the OP's question, I'd probably try to hide it, then end up getting so scared over it that I either become an insane madman and go on a rampage eventually ending up in me either falling off a bridge or suicide by cop, or I end up turning myself in, and hope I get a minimum prison term or something.
Reply 38
Original post by Addster
That's very true.

trinity was a serious ****. even his daughter was a bitch.
I would use that person's body for my research on the human anatomy. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest