The Student Room Group

What should I have done during mugging?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I was mugged not long ago actually and he took my phone (Sony experia). In future when I go on a night out I'm going to take an old phone which was my dads in 1999 with a pay as you go sim in it. I think a mugger would be disappointed with that :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 41
Original post by Kruz
I feel bad for you, but please tell me you didn't get robbed in broad daylight?:confused:

I know someone who was mugged in primark, seriously.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You did the right thing, some people are so mean

Karma will get them back.

Hope you're ok
Original post by -aTOMic-
Earlier today? Wait what... you mean it was in broad daylight? :facepalm:

Could have been in a dark back alley
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Mrkingpenguin
The only options that may have worked were to say I don't have it on me or just to flat out run away.

However I if you are female OP etc I think you did the right thing. I suppose the one thing about being a fairly sporty tall guy is that I hopefully wont get approached, and if i do i will flat out run to a busy area. NEVER EVER just flat out say "no", as other people have said.

He said he had a bike so I don't think running away would be such a good idea.
Original post by gemmam
I was mugged not long ago actually and he took my phone (Sony experia). In future when I go on a night out I'm going to take an old phone which was my dads in 1999 with a pay as you go sim in it. I think a mugger would be disappointed with that :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Made me think of this video:

Should've kicked him down there -.-
Reply 47
ok i didn't reed the othe stuff but you shuded givem them a smack sod everything els betem up and leave them
Original post by gemmam
I know someone who was mugged in primark, seriously.

Posted from TSR Mobile

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL oh my god.
Some responses are ridiculous. People saying he should have hit them or whatever would probably pi*s their pants in reality. The best, best thing ever to do is hand your stuff over - you can replace stuff, but not ever your life.
Original post by Rock Fan
God almighty there are some nasty people in this world

Subjectively, would you say that this relatively minor act qualifies as deserving this particular outburst say, compared to the 99% of nasty things that are worse?
Reply 51
Original post by Kruz
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL oh my god.

She said she was just looking at a top and some guy ran past her, snatched her bag off her shoulder and ran out of the shop. Ah lovely Birkenhead town centre!

Posted from TSR Mobile

they do that while riding a bike and without you even knowing

this is different
Original post by gemmam
She said she was just looking at a top and some guy ran past her, snatched her bag off her shoulder and ran out of the shop. Ah lovely Birkenhead town centre!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Of all places 'Birkenhead Town Centre' omg.
Reply 55
Original post by M1011
Just to be clear, the best thing to do would have been to Bruce Lee his face. However, assuming you don't happen to be a ninja, you probably made the right call.

:ninja2:

Now let's not jump to conclusions...
Reply 56
Original post by Kruz
Of all places 'Birkenhead Town Centre' omg.

You familiar with it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gemmam
You familiar with it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha no it just sounds soo rural, like nothing happens there.
Reply 58
What the **** is so great about a ****ing Iphone?
Give it to him anyway. Throw it at his face and break his nose.

Perhaps it will teach you to have a face to face conversation...
Or perhaps you nedd the "what is my friend feeling app?"
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 59
Considering you didn't have a weapon you probably did the right thing. The sort of person who asks random strangers for weed is probably quite happy carrying a knife around with them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending