The Student Room Group

Can I be upset with my boyfriend over new years eve

I dont know if im being out of order but I feel a bit sad. Last night I went out with my boyfriend and his four friends it was quite hard being the only girl as im pretty shy and they were talking about' banging girls' etc etc and trying to get laid that night there was nothing I could really say I could hardly but in 'oh yeah me too'

If im honest I dont like them I think he follows the crowd big time. Last night they were so crude and graphic about women they had sex with, I had to sit there and listen to my boyfriend talk about a girl he had sex with before he met me which I do not want to hear. He also got stupid in front of them saying embarssing personal things about us like stating when we've had sex what positions and stuff which i believe is private. Last night I went into London with him and these friends, we went to a few bars and they were saying how another friends girlfriend was having a house party and were telling me its always full of desprate single girls and they always end up getting laid. They were basically implying the whole point was to get laid but they also said in the same breath its a crap night out and they didnt want to go. I said to my boyfriend it be a bit rubbish if he went after all the stuff I heard about it and the girls there and he promised he wouldnt go.

I had been in hospital that day and ive been quite ill with a kidney infection and home is 2 hours away so by 10 I thought i should head back home, I dont know London at all and i may be selfish part of me wanted my boyfriend to atleast walk me to the tube or back, I had a tube ride where I didnt know then a 1 train journey which was fine but then a 30 minute walk in the pitch black down some ally ways on my own. My boyfriend literally said bye and that they were now going to the house party as i was leaving and thats the last ive heard from him.

Am i being to oversensative that he didnt care whata happend to me and decided to go to a party full of girls only when I left and if i had stayed he wouldnt have gone?
Reply 1
Your boyfriend is horrible...
Reply 2
Original post by xoflower
Your boyfriend is horrible...

This pretty much.
Yes. He acted like a complete dick.
I actually wouldn't be surprised if he cheated on you last night.
If thats the sort of things he'll say when you're around, think of what he might do and say when you're not. He obviously cares very little for you.
I think you need to get out of this and find a grown up to have a relationship with tbh.
Tell him that you didn't appreciate him exposing your sex life to his mates, and that you thought it was a bit insensitive of him to make you walk home alone in pitch dark. If he doesn't care -> get rid!
Sorry you had to go through all of that. He sounds like a complete ass... You CAN be upset about it, but if I were you I'd probably break up with him instead, do you really want to be with someone who will treat you like that? If this is how he's behaving early on in the relationship, just imagine how horrible it'll be when he's more comfortable and not trying to impress you as much anymore.... doesn't bode well dear- get rid
x
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
I dont know if im being out of order but I feel a bit sad. Last night I went out with my boyfriend and his four friends it was quite hard being the only girl as im pretty shy and they were talking about' banging girls' etc etc and trying to get laid that night there was nothing I could really say I could hardly but in 'oh yeah me too'

If im honest I dont like them I think he follows the crowd big time. Last night they were so crude and graphic about women they had sex with, I had to sit there and listen to my boyfriend talk about a girl he had sex with before he met me which I do not want to hear. He also got stupid in front of them saying embarssing personal things about us like stating when we've had sex what positions and stuff which i believe is private. Last night I went into London with him and these friends, we went to a few bars and they were saying how another friends girlfriend was having a house party and were telling me its always full of desprate single girls and they always end up getting laid. They were basically implying the whole point was to get laid but they also said in the same breath its a crap night out and they didnt want to go. I said to my boyfriend it be a bit rubbish if he went after all the stuff I heard about it and the girls there and he promised he wouldnt go.

I had been in hospital that day and ive been quite ill with a kidney infection and home is 2 hours away so by 10 I thought i should head back home, I dont know London at all and i may be selfish part of me wanted my boyfriend to atleast walk me to the tube or back, I had a tube ride where I didnt know then a 1 train journey which was fine but then a 30 minute walk in the pitch black down some ally ways on my own. My boyfriend literally said bye and that they were now going to the house party as i was leaving and thats the last ive heard from him.

Am i being to oversensative that he didnt care whata happend to me and decided to go to a party full of girls only when I left and if i had stayed he wouldnt have gone?

i'm just going to be straight forward with you, new year --> new start

get rid of him!!!!

i wouldn't be surprised if he even recorded you guys doing it and showed it to his mates! he doesn't sound like the ideal bf thb

sorry if my reply was bitchy, but get well soon :smile:

I had to sit there and listen to my boyfriend talk about a girl he had sex with before he met me which I do not want to hear. He also got stupid in front of them saying embarssing personal things about us like stating when we've had sex what positions and stuff which i believe is private.

This is shocking. Serious words are in order, possibly starting with 'You're dumped'...
Reply 8
Your boyfriend is an immature *******, and obviously has zero respect for you. I'd be questioning whether this relationship was worth it tbh :sadnod:
Reply 9
Wow. I would never talk to that man/boy again.
He has shown no respect whatsoever, and he won't start to show any just because you explain why what he does makes you unhappy.

That is not how a boyfriend treats someone that they care about.

that sounds terrible tbh! you really need to decide what you want from your relationship, does he often act like this? Your boyfriend sounds asif he was being a typical 'lad' infront of his friends but crossed the line massively. If i was you, I'd be massively peed off that he didnt make sure I got home safe. You have every right to be upset/annoyed over his beahaviour - I'd be livid!
When guys are with their friends you're likely to find out who they really are. Sadly your bf is a douche. It's no wonder his friends are all single, the way they talk about girls, especially in front of you. Seriously lacking class.
Reply 12
Bloody hell he just left you like that? what a dick
Your biggest worry there is the boy has no balls with his conformist approach around his mates. He should definitely prioritize you if he brings you out with his friends.
Reply 14
the sex positions thing would really bother me, I think what happens in the bedroom is between a couple.

I think your right to be upset
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 15
That's horrible, you shouldn't stand for that
I would have walked out on him when he was discussing your sex life with his friends. I don't know how you managed to sit there and listen to it!

I think you have every right to be very angry with him... If I were you, he wouldn't be my boyfriend for much longer.
Reply 17

Your boyfriend sounds awful!
Reply 18
Ditch...he sounds spineless, and he puts his friends well over you. He has no respect and takes you for granted. You're better off alone

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd leave that idiot if I were you...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending