The Student Room Group

When do you think is the best age to lose your virginity?

Losing your virginity is a big moment in anybody's life. But what is the perfect age to lose your virginity? Many people have different opinions on this topic and that's understandable. Over the 1000s of years of humanity many ages have been defined as the perfect to lose virginity. For example - during Shakespeare's time girls aged 12 or 13 were already mothers (an information I got from reading Romeo and Juliet). But According to the life span of humans today (70-90) and the life style, I think I am correct in saying the perfect age to to lose your virginity in this century is 15-25 years old. I know that is a big range but I think I have very good reasons to justify that big range.

I think 15 is the minimum age a person should be to lose their virginity because, 15 is the age that most people just become mature enough to understand the possible 'bad' consequences of having sex and how to deal with these consequences if they were to happen. By 'consequences' I mean, things like unplanned pregnancy or STDs. Lets face it sex is a fun thing but it can also be a very serious thing that could affect your entire life. For example- unplanned pregnancy could change your life around forever, especially if you are a teenager who is in full time study or even if you are not studying, it will affect your way of working up a trade through apprenticeship, etc. The same or even worse (death) could apply for STDs. And I think 14 years of age (on average) is just too young to maybe even understand what these consequences are let alone deal with it.

I think 25 is the maximum age a person should wait before losing the big V is simply because - if you are 25 years old, you have had enough time to complete your academic education (e.g.. degree) and get a job and make a decent living or if you dont go to university, then still its enough time for a person to work their way up though apprenticeship or just any other random job to earn a decent living and settle in life. Thus allowing you to deal with the financial aspect of unplanned pregnancy or STDs and you are old enough and mature enough to understand everything. So because of this - for me, if you are 26 and still a virgin, you are getting a bit....errrr...old.....maybe...?

Obviously this is just my thought but I think I'm not too wrong and am mostly correct. Again, obviously, there will be a lot of anomalies. By this, I mean, there will be people who are under 15 and are already mature enough to deal with the consequences and also there will be lots of people well into their late 20s but still immature as a 9 year old. So the range I have given is for 'most people' not everyone.

So I made my point and justified it, What do you think? Do you agree? or Disagree?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
6-12
Reply 2
I think that age range is already accepted and understood by most people in the Western world.
Reply 3
15 is probably a bit young, seeing as it's illegal :erm:
Whenever you're ready.
Certainly not 12, which is what the #yoloers and #swagsters in our generation believe. They are idiots.
Original post by Anonymous
15 is probably a
bit young, seeing as it's illegal :erm:

I agree yes, but people do it anyway.

Also, a :slap: for being anonymous for such a silly thing. I can't comprehend it.
Reply 7
When your ready.
Reply 9
Original post by windo
Losing your virginity is a big moment in anybody's life. But what is the perfect age to lose your virginity? Many people have different opinions on this topic and that's understandable. Over the 1000s of years of humanity many ages have been defined as the perfect to lose virginity. For example - during Shakespeare's time girls aged 12 or 13 were already mothers (an information I got from reading Romeo and Juliet). But According to the life span of humans today (70-90) and the life style, I think I am correct in saying the perfect age to to lose your virginity in this century is 15-25 years old. I know that is a big range but I think I have very good reasons to justify that big range.

I think 15 is the minimum age a person should be to lose their virginity because, 15 is the age that most people just become mature enough to understand the possible 'bad' consequences of having sex and how to deal with these consequences if they were to happen. By 'consequences' I mean, things like unplanned pregnancy or STDs. Lets face it sex is a fun thing but it can also be a very serious thing that could affect your entire life. For example- unplanned pregnancy could change your life around forever, especially if you are a teenager who is in full time study or even if you are not studying, it will affect your way of working up a trade through apprenticeship, etc. The same or even worse (death) could apply for STDs. And I think 14 years of age (on average) is just too young to maybe even understand what these consequences are let alone deal with it.

I think 25 is the maximum age a person should wait before losing the big V is simply because - if you are 25 years old, you have had enough time to complete your academic education (e.g.. degree) and get a job and make a decent living or if you dont go to university, then still its enough time for a person to work their way up though apprenticeship or just any other random job to earn a decent living and settle in life. Thus allowing you to deal with the financial aspect of unplanned pregnancy or STDs and you are old enough and mature enough to understand everything. So because of this - for me, if you are 26 and still a virgin, you are getting a bit....errrr...old.....maybe...?

Obviously this is just my thought but I think I'm not too wrong and am mostly correct. Again, obviously, there will be a lot of anomalies. By this, I mean, there will be people who are under 15 and are already mature enough to deal with the consequences and also there will be lots of people well into their late 20s but still immature as a 9 year old. So the range I have given is for 'most people' not everyone.

So I made my point and justified it, What do you think? Do you agree? or Disagree?
Such a lot of academicized *******s for such a simple concept. Love your virginity when you're ready, with the person you think is right to take it.
Depends - if you're a monk, never.

For the average person, probably 16-20... Which gives me two more years...
Reply 11
A person should lose their virginity when they meet the right person, it's as simple as that really. I'd say between the ages of 16-22 with someone you love and are in a healthy relationship is the best way to go about it.
Reply 12
Crappy thread but at least you spelt 'lose' correctly, so well done to your for that.

The answer varies so arbitrarily amongst different people, so the most objective response to the question is probably 'when one is ready' which isn't particularly groundbreaking.
I think the best age is probably 17-18 years old tbh, as usually it will be in the context of a good relationship, and both are old enough to handle the worst possible consequences.
Original post by Mrkingpenguin
When you're old enough to know how to spell "lose" correctly in the title of your threads OP.

I'm dyslexic, so bear with me - isn't the thread title correct?
Reply 15
I think everyones different, people mature at different ages
When one is ready.
Original post by Anonymous
15 is probably a bit young, seeing as it's illegal :erm:

Not everywhere.
Cool story bro
Original post by Swanbow
A person should lose their virginity when they meet the right person, it's as simple as that really. I'd say between the ages of 16-22 with someone you love and are in a healthy relationship is the best way to go about it.

No.

The answer is very simple: when you are ready. That means a wide variety of ages and means that for some people they should be in a relationship whereas for others this is irrelevant.

Latest

Trending

Trending