The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by ZRO
Lol getting rejected for £15 haha. Uhmm try hustling, chase that paper!

Posted from TSR Mobile

they only did loans for £50+ .. I got rejected because my credit rating is messed up because I've moved addresses too many times within the few months
Reply 21
Original post by tehforum
No overdraft?

I've got a £1000 overdraft but I'm at my limit so no money available
Reply 22
Original post by lostangel93
I've got a £1000 overdraft but I'm at my limit so no money available

Ask a neighbour?
they only did loans for £50+ .. I got rejected because my credit rating is messed up because I've moved addresses too many times within the few months

Call 0800 032 7952 and select the option for living costs,its a job centre number and they provide small loans to cover living expenses with no interest.

You don't need to be claiming benefits to use the service.
Reply 24
Original post by S.R
If you ask 30 people for 50p "to use the phonebox" eventually you will have £15. But the real question is if you can't even afford £15 then how can you afford internet and a computer? If things are as desperate as you say then looks like you have a computer that you can sell.

there's wifi in my area and It's 1st january so nowhere is open for me to sell my laptop.
Reply 25
Original post by Maxisussex
Call 0800 032 7952 and select the option for living costs,its a job centre number and they provide small loans to cover living expenses with no interest.

You don't need to be claiming benefits to use the service.

tried it a few days ago but they said no as soon as they found out i was a university student
Reply 26
Original post by tehforum
Ask a neighbour?

I'll try that, thanks
If the money is for food, why don't you just ask your neighbour if theyve got some bread or something .. Just an idea
(edited 11 years ago)
Can't someone on here lend her the money? I'd give you the £15 if I had some. :P
Reply 29
Original post by The Polymath
15?! :lolwut:
How about you sell your computer and get a cheaper one instead :rolleyes:

It's jan 1st, nothing is open. And plus I doubt my laptop would sell for much, lol.
Reply 30
Original post by Harry Callahan
Can't someone on here lend her the money? I'd give you the £15 if I had some. :P

Internet doesn't work like that.
Reply 31
I'd paypal it to you if you were legit :/
Reply 32
Original post by letsbehonest
If the money is for food, why don't you just ask your neighbour if theyve got some bread or something .. Just an idea

thanks, will try this.
Ask some random people for 10-50p for bus far or something, people are surprisingly nice. Then go to a supermarket and look at the reduced food. I've picked up sandwiches for 20p before!
food.

Do an Anthony Worrel-Thompson.
Reply 35
Original post by Robbie242
Didn't you hear about Wonga's APR I'd stay clear of them after watchdog.

You write that as if they try cover it up. It's blatantly displayed on the advert that the APR is over 1000%
Reply 36
Original post by Harry Callahan

aww thanks, that's sweet. I wouldn't expect anyone to lend it me because they don't know me.
Reply 37
Ask your neighbours for food instead. I know quite a few people who'd give you food or even take you shopping, but not give out cash to a stranger (even as a loan).
aww thanks, that's sweet. I wouldn't expect anyone to lend it me because they don't know me.

If you go to a citizens advice tomorrow with proof of bank balance etc. and that you have no way to feed yourself then they can give you a food voucher which gives you 3 days worth of food when you take it to a local foodbank point.

Its not fancy food, its tins and what nots, but it got me through a tough financial time a couple of times
"i tried it a few days ago" so you've been trying for loans over the past few days and no ones willing to loan you £15?

Latest

Trending

Trending