The Student Room Group

How many exams do you have and how much revision are you doing?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Pavzky
3 exams, 1 of which is a retake and really not enough revision. I'm going to try and aim for at least 4 hours starting from tomorrow. I've found it impossible to revise since I broke up for the holidays, barely done anything and I hate myself for it D:

same...and I'm aiming for atleast 90% !Really need to step my game here. I wanted to do hardcore revision from today but I got the damn flu!!!
About 4 hours a day for 3 subjects, but I've been going over the stuff since October so I'm not too fussed, aha.
Original post by MrJiggly
same...and I'm aiming for atleast 90% !Really need to step my game here. I wanted to do hardcore revision from today but I got the damn flu!!!

Well I'm not aiming that high :P but I'm glad somebody else is in the same position as me! I wanted to as well but I just got lazy D:

I've got my offers (elated with them) and I thought it would be an incentive to work but I just can't do it! What have you applied for?
4 exams, 3 hours approx every day.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-S6500
Reply 24
3 exams, 10-12 hours a day.
I'm normally a crammer so I've been trying to revise properly over Christmas but it's so hard >.< Only 2 exams though luckily :smile:
Reply 26
Original post by Pavzky
Well I'm not aiming that high :P but I'm glad somebody else is in the same position as me! I wanted to as well but I just got lazy D:

I've got my offers (elated with them) and I thought it would be an incentive to work but I just can't do it! What have you applied for?

Only a freshy college student, I'm afraid. But, I will be applying for Medicine ( I hope-I mean I could completely fail my exams so I'll probably deter from that path; or worse yet, I could get hit by a meteor)
1 Physics exam and a ton of revision. But nothing is happening. I did mock papers and still getting U's :'(
Reply 28
5 exams (although only 2 that I actually care about) I did maybe an hour or so a day while I was at college. Done none this past week cause its christmas and I've had to visit family etc. but I'm just starting doing an hour or two a day again.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
3 exams, yet I seem to be spending whole days on one, neglecting the other 2.
Reply 30
4 exams, tried to do 5/6+ hours but only got around 3/4 of solid revision

Who else has college tomorrow? :frown:
Reply 31
6 exams around 10 hours a day mainly doing as many papers as possible, been revising through the year aswell
Reply 32
Original post by MrJiggly
Only a freshy college student, I'm afraid. But, I will be applying for Medicine ( I hope-I mean I could completely fail my exams so I'll probably deter from that path; or worse yet, I could get hit by a meteor)

Hold on a second. Getting hit by a meteor is...worse then failing exams?

At least Death by Meteor would make you famous!
Reply 33
second GCSE year, got 5 exams in January and since the English literature (friggin journeys end) and English language exams are being mandatorily (not a word) redone in June i feel like i don't need to put much effort in them this round :/

so not much revision here besides reading the literature and business studies book, shoutout to those using sam learning?
Reply 34
Original post by thelion0

I don't see how anyone can do 12 hours genuine revision in a day. You need to have at least 10 minutes break each hour too.
:zomg:From some responses I better get working then! Though i do think 12 hours a day is a bit unnecessary. Still fair enough if you can anyway.
Original post by Simran Mars Foster
:zomg:From some responses I better get working then! Though i do think 12 hours a day is a bit unnecessary. Still fair enough if you can anyway.

Don't panic. I say your OP and was like :zomg: she does loads!

I have 4 A2 modules and do about 2 hours a day. It's about doing high quality revision, and properly processing and internalising the information during the term, not cramming it 2 weeks before the exam.
(edited 11 years ago)
I've got four exams all in the same week beginning the 21st. These are:

Geography
Biology
Physics
Chemistry

I've done odd bits of revision before Christmas but now I've decided to knuckle down and plan on doing around 20hrs per subject over the next two and a bit weeks. (not including the private study we've been given throughour next week instead of lessons). It's around 1-4 hours everyday during the weekdays and up to 7 hours at the weekend.

This is more than I've done before and I got straight A's then, so hopefully this will mean I'm able to maintain the grades or maybe achieve higher.

Do you think this is enough? Or should I try and fit more in seen as there is only a few weeks left?
Thank you :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by thelion0

If your doing that much, you should have started your revision earlier.

Reply 39
Original post by GAB
If your doing that much, you should have started your revision earlier.

I did not think of that! You really are something special..

Quick Reply

Latest