The Student Room Group

Help with my science homeostasis question

IF YOU COULD PLEASE HELP ME, I WOULD BE SO GREATFUL. THANK YOU!

Choose the THREE correct statements about ADH.

a. It is produced in the hypothalamus

b. It is released in greater quantities to aid rehydration

c. It causes aquaporins to fuse with the cell membranes creating water channels

d. It is stored in the liver

e. Causes aquaporins to move away from the Collecting Duct lumen

f. It is released in reduced quantities to aid rehydration.
Reply 1
IF YOU COULD PLEASE HELP ME, I WOULD BE SO GREATFUL. THANK YOU!

Choose the THREE correct statements about ADH.

a. It is produced in the hypothalamus

b. It is released in greater quantities to aid rehydration

c. It causes aquaporins to fuse with the cell membranes creating water channels

d. It is stored in the liver

e. Causes aquaporins to move away from the Collecting Duct lumen

f. It is released in reduced quantities to aid rehydration.
Reply 2
This should help you: http://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/higher/biology/control_regulation/homeostatic_control/revision/1/

It doesn't mention the Hypothalamus in there though so I'll tell you that A is correct for free.
Reply 3
Original post by Elwyn
This should help you: http://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/higher/biology/control_regulation/homeostatic_control/revision/1/

It doesn't mention the Hypothalamus in there though so I'll tell you that A is correct for free.

Im not at an undergraduate level but since water regulation is a part of my a level spec i had a read and from what I know ADH is made in the cell body of neurosecretory cells which lie in the hypothalamus and then they travel down the axon to the terminal bulb in the posterior pituitary gland where they are stored until it is needed. ADH is secreted to insert vesicles containing water permeable channels (aquaporins) into the wall of the collecting duct to increase absorption. more ADH then more water reabsorbtion, less ADH then less water reabsorbtion. Hope that helps.
Reply 4
Original post by Xenilbohl
Im not at an undergraduate level but since water regulation is a part of my a level spec i had a read and from what I know ADH is made in the cell body of neurosecretory cells which lie in the hypothalamus and then they travel down the axon to the terminal bulb in the posterior pituitary gland where they are stored until it is needed. ADH is secreted to insert vesicles containing water permeable channels (aquaporins) into the wall of the collecting duct to increase absorption. more ADH then more water reabsorbtion, less ADH then less water reabsorbtion. Hope that helps.

Ok. But why are you quoting me? :s-smilie:
Reply 5
Original post by Elwyn
Ok. But why are you quoting me? :s-smilie:

you said that the ADH is not made in the hypothalamus, I was just going to give my view on that but got a little carried away :smile:

edit: sorry i didn't read your post correctly :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending