The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Dont like Seattle with Cheat Carroll...
Reply 4861
Original post by Malevolent
Dont like Seattle with Cheat Carroll...

is that some sort of joke?
the guy who was never found guilty of anything not liked by a fan of the Patriots of all teams
Original post by munn
is that some sort of joke?
the guy who was never found guilty of anything not liked by a fan of the Patriots of all teams

Nope it ain't a joke Pete's a Cheat.
Reply 4863
Who cares Packers gonna go all the way anyway ! :wink:
Original post by Bryci
Who cares Packers gonna go all the way anyway ! :wink:

Hellyeah!

It's weird hearing that from someone from the Windy City though. :tongue:
Reply 4865
Original post by RabbitCFH
Hellyeah!

It's weird hearing that from someone from the Windy City though. :tongue:

I'm not actually from Chicago haha! Born in Milwaukee :tongue:
Original post by Bryci
I'm not actually from Chicago haha! Born in Milwaukee :tongue:

Ahh, you're from WisKANsin then. :tongue:
I support the Patriots but i quite like the Colts haha, I miss having a rivalry with them but never in a hostile way. The only person i dislike is Manning and thats cause hes shoved down peoples throats. Colts next season have a lot of money to play with in the off season. Upgrade that O-line and give Luck a few more weapons and bam 1-2 seasons you got a bowl contender! Luck has been magnificent.

O-Line definitely needs an upgrade, though I think the receiving corps has been okay. Luck's thrown a lot of picks because teams have put him under pressure due to the weak o-line. He's had to scramble a lot and that's bad enough when you're not forcing the issue in the fourth quarter like we have seven or eight times this year. The receiving corps have done what they've had to do, and the occasional colossal performance from the rookies has enabled us to win tight games. T.Y Hilton has been fantastic, but Reggie Wayne's season for us beggars belief. After being close to leaving but staying here, I'm thrilled for him to be doing so well - he's always been there when Luck's needed to pull a big play out of the hat.

Andrew Luck is something else, really. He's met and exceeded every single expectation this year. People will talk about the hits, the fumbles and the picks but he's done it in a team you'd expect to have only won four or five games this year. He's done that and STILL managed to win us (I think) seven games in the fourth quarter? My word, when I was watching the Detriot game a few weeks ago at University and he threw that short pass to Hilton, I was screaming straight away. I absolutely adore Luck and that game was the epitome of how he can do it. That game, he was poor for 57 minutes. Then he won the game in the final 3.

The best part is that one of my good friends from University is a Patriots fan (you lot are everywhere, unfortunately we are few and far between over here), so I always get to compare him to Brady. Obviously Brady is so much more senior to Luck and has accomplished so much, but I genuinely believe that Luck can and will reach that level. But it's been funny to see just how much her opinion of Luck has swayed as the season has gone on. You can't argue with results and I don't think he's going to be an easy man to beat in the playoffs!

In the off-season, if we can pull in a future Mathis/Freeney, a good cornerback, a good strong safety (less pressing than the others) and some decent O-Linemen, then we're going to be amazing next year.
Original post by mobius323
O-Line definitely needs an upgrade, though I think the receiving corps has been okay. Luck's thrown a lot of picks because teams have put him under pressure due to the weak o-line. He's had to scramble a lot and that's bad enough when you're not forcing the issue in the fourth quarter like we have seven or eight times this year. The receiving corps have done what they've had to do, and the occasional colossal performance from the rookies has enabled us to win tight games. T.Y Hilton has been fantastic, but Reggie Wayne's season for us beggars belief. After being close to leaving but staying here, I'm thrilled for him to be doing so well - he's always been there when Luck's needed to pull a big play out of the hat.

Andrew Luck is something else, really. He's met and exceeded every single expectation this year. People will talk about the hits, the fumbles and the picks but he's done it in a team you'd expect to have only won four or five games this year. He's done that and STILL managed to win us (I think) seven games in the fourth quarter? My word, when I was watching the Detriot game a few weeks ago at University and he threw that short pass to Hilton, I was screaming straight away. I absolutely adore Luck and that game was the epitome of how he can do it. That game, he was poor for 57 minutes. Then he won the game in the final 3.

The best part is that one of my good friends from University is a Patriots fan (you lot are everywhere, unfortunately we are few and far between over here), so I always get to compare him to Brady. Obviously Brady is so much more senior to Luck and has accomplished so much, but I genuinely believe that Luck can and will reach that level. But it's been funny to see just how much her opinion of Luck has swayed as the season has gone on. You can't argue with results and I don't think he's going to be an easy man to beat in the playoffs!

In the off-season, if we can pull in a future Mathis/Freeney, a good cornerback, a good strong safety (less pressing than the others) and some decent O-Linemen, then we're going to be amazing next year.

Luck for me has easily been the most impressive of the 3 rookie quarterbacks, don't get me wrong Wilson and RG3 have been very good but they came into a much easier situation than Luck. RG3's offensive scheme their running is tremendously simple and the fact is he has Alfred Morris whos been a revelation at running back. Wilson has come into things towards the back end of the season but he has Marshawn Lynch and an extremely good Offensive line protecting him plus a defense that can stop other teams so there's less pressure on him.

Luck has had to put the team on his back and the amount of hits he takes is the majority of the time the O-lines fault there are a few times where he should throw to avoid the sack but so many times hes got such a small amount of time to throw its just silly. I always knew Luck would be good you could see it when he was at Stanford the potential there. Give him a receiver like Bowe or Welker even though we need him... An offensive line and bam Colt's become serious contenders and yeah i agree some good O-lineman would be nice. Hopefully the Pats meet the Colts in the AFC final but sadly thats where i want their run to end :wink:
Luck for me has easily been the most impressive of the 3 rookie quarterbacks, don't get me wrong Wilson and RG3 have been very good but they came into a much easier situation than Luck. RG3's offensive scheme their running is tremendously simple and the fact is he has Alfred Morris whos been a revelation at running back. Wilson has come into things towards the back end of the season but he has Marshawn Lynch and an extremely good Offensive line protecting him plus a defense that can stop other teams so there's less pressure on him.

Luck has had to put the team on his back and the amount of hits he takes is the majority of the time the O-lines fault there are a few times where he should throw to avoid the sack but so many times hes got such a small amount of time to throw its just silly. I always knew Luck would be good you could see it when he was at Stanford the potential there. Give him a receiver like Bowe or Welker even though we need him... An offensive line and bam Colt's become serious contenders and yeah i agree some good O-lineman would be nice. Hopefully the Pats meet the Colts in the AFC final but sadly thats where i want their run to end :wink:

Yeah, I think that RG3 and Wilson have had phenomenal years and they should be congratulated, but they have a stronger unit than the Colts as a whole. We've also going into a whole new system in defence and we've also gone to a defensive head coach in Pagano. And it's fantastic that Luck has taken it in stride and hasn't let anything get on top of him. You could see players stumbling under pressure this year (Sanchez, Romo, Locker, Rivers, Stafford etc...) but Luck never let expectation get the better of him. He took every down as it came and took every game as it came. Not even the most optimistic of Colts fans could have predicted the Playoffs this year. Unless, of course, you're me and you're saying it to annoy your friend who supports New England!

I'm hoping we can do okay in the Playoffs, you know. Baltimore haven't been too great recently, though I think they'll obviously give a little more to get through the wildcard. Plus, they have Ray Lewis back - and that's a scary thought, come to think of it! I have sneaking suspicions that the Bengals might do well against the Texans - if A.J. Green manages to force himself into the game and the Cincy o-line can keep Dalton on his feet. Cincy win and the Patriots play them in the divisional round, though I'm not sure who I'd rather play out of Denver and New England. Patriots have a more explosive offense, but the Broncos have a more explosive defense - plus #18 himself. The Patriots may have scored a shed-load of points against us earlier in the year, but I don't think it'd be anywhere near that easy against us in the Playoffs. Denver against Indianapolis would be one hell of a game, even with us playing them next year.

I'm so excited. First year of actually having an interest in the playoffs. Followed the Giants last year, and it went well for them! But we won't talk too much about that... I bring it up to my friend and she attacks me every time!
Yeah, I think that RG3 and Wilson have had phenomenal years and they should be congratulated, but they have a stronger unit than the Colts as a whole. We've also going into a whole new system in defence and we've also gone to a defensive head coach in Pagano. And it's fantastic that Luck has taken it in stride and hasn't let anything get on top of him. You could see players stumbling under pressure this year (Sanchez, Romo, Locker, Rivers, Stafford etc...) but Luck never let expectation get the better of him. He took every down as it came and took every game as it came. Not even the most optimistic of Colts fans could have predicted the Playoffs this year. Unless, of course, you're me and you're saying it to annoy your friend who supports New England!

I'm hoping we can do okay in the Playoffs, you know. Baltimore haven't been too great recently, though I think they'll obviously give a little more to get through the wildcard. Plus, they have Ray Lewis back - and that's a scary thought, come to think of it! I have sneaking suspicions that the Bengals might do well against the Texans - if A.J. Green manages to force himself into the game and the Cincy o-line can keep Dalton on his feet. Cincy win and the Patriots play them in the divisional round, though I'm not sure who I'd rather play out of Denver and New England. Patriots have a more explosive offense, but the Broncos have a more explosive defense - plus #18 himself. The Patriots may have scored a shed-load of points against us earlier in the year, but I don't think it'd be anywhere near that easy against us in the Playoffs. Denver against Indianapolis would be one hell of a game, even with us playing them next year.

I'm so excited. First year of actually having an interest in the playoffs. Followed the Giants last year, and it went well for them! But we won't talk too much about that... I bring it up to my friend and she attacks me every time!

God not the Giants :cry:
God not the Giants :cry:

Haha, I watched them probably about seven times last season from Week 12 onwards, so I guess I had a vested interest in them. I only developed my liking of the Colts in our week 16 win against Houston last year, but by then, I'd already liked the Giants for a bit!

My friend Alison loves to point out whenever the Giants lose. She does it with far more persistence than when the Colts lose, funnily enough!
Reply 4872
Would anyone join if I made a TSR league on the ESPN playoff fantasy challenge?
Reply 4873
Original post by ..DT..

I'd be up for it, would be fun
Original post by ..DT..

Yeah i would do that.
Haha, I watched them probably about seven times last season from Week 12 onwards, so I guess I had a vested interest in them. I only developed my liking of the Colts in our week 16 win against Houston last year, but by then, I'd already liked the Giants for a bit!

My friend Alison loves to point out whenever the Giants lose. She does it with far more persistence than when the Colts lose, funnily enough!

Oh i love pointing out when the Giants lose. Nice to see "eli"te Manning lose and fail. However i usually bet on the Giants to win and if they do then i win money if they lose then im happy so either way i win :laugh:
Reply 4876
Original post by ..DT..

I would be as well.
Reply 4877
Ray Lewis to retire at the end of the season. Sad Moment.
Original post by ..DT..

Yup sure.
Reply 4879
http://games.espn.go.com/nfl-gridiron-playoff-challenge/en/frontpage

create entry then just go to join league and search TSR. Probably best if you make entry name your username on here so people know who you are. Didn't put a password on it because I'm not overly bothered who joins.

Latest