The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mdajoka
Some flick n tricks plus RvPs goal

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

That goal, :coma: The guy is class and he knows it too.
Excellent game today, started of slow but once we scored Wigan looked helpless. So 9 League games without defeat now, we really are in some tremendous form. Another game without Wayne Rooney and we coped, remember us really struggling as a team without him a while back. Just a mention of Carrick too, has been in excellent form of late, long may it continue. Cracking atmosphere btw.

Original post by SirMasterKey
You sub to a thread when you post.

Oh right, thanks anyway boys.

What do you guys think of Fellaini joining UTD? He would certainly suit the role of a powerhouse CM, or would you prefer a more defensive-minded player in De Rossi or Vidal? If Pogba didn't have an attitude problem he would have fit the bill perfectly.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 161
Van Persie's already scored a few rather stunning goals for us since he's joined. My personal favourite is still his first one for us against Fulham:

That is just so Dutch. The technique behind that
:coma:
Original post by VQG
Van Persie's already scored a few rather stunning goals for us since he's joined. My personal favourite is still his first one for us against Fulham:

That is just so Dutch. The technique behind that
:coma:

Really? I would say that is the pretty far away from what Dutch football is about(close control). More Brazilian than anything and not exactly the kind of thing you'd see Bergkamp/Cruff/etc attempting too often. Still a great finish though.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 163
Original post by Zürich
Really? I would say that is the pretty far away from what Dutch football is about(close control). More Brazilian than anything and not exactly the kind of thing you'd see Bergkamp/Cruff/etc attempting too often. Still a great finish though.

Well no you've got it the other way around - Brazilians are known for there close control and dribbling with players like Garrincha, Jairzinho, Romario and Ronaldo.

Secondly Marco Van Basten who is by far the best and most famous Dutch footballer post Cruyff was known for acrobatic finishes, and it was more of a reference to him.
Original post by VQG

Secondly Marco Van Basten who is by far the best and most famous Dutch footballer post Cruyff was known for acrobatic finishes, and it was more of a reference to him.

I think most people would agree that Dutch football is all about control of the ball and first touch. RVP isn't even that 'Dutch' in how he plays, but then of course he never came through the Ajax academy. :smile:

Debatable. If you asked 100 Dutch people the VB vs DB question 50 would say DB and 50 VB. Think DB was the more typically Dutch player.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 165
Original post by Zürich
Debatable. If you asked 100 Dutch people the VB vs DB question 50 would say DB and 50 VB. Think DB was the more typically Dutch player.

It's not even debatable tbh. Van Basten achieved far more than DB even with a career massively cut short by injury. 3 times winner of the Ballon D'Or during his time at Milan, where he also won European Cup/Champions League 3 times.

By the way you can't seriously believe that Dutch people would rate DB as high as MVB. MVB the player who was the key to the Netherlands winning their only major trophy, and scoring possibly the most famous goal in a European Championship final.
Original post by VQG
It's not even debatable tbh. Van Basten achieved far more than DB even with a career massively cut short by injury. 3 times winner of the Ballon D'Or during his time at Milan, where he also won European Cup/Champions League 3 times.

By the way you can't seriously believe that Dutch people would rate DB as high as MVB. MVB the player who was the key to the Netherlands winning their only major trophy, and scoring possibly the most famous goal in a European Championship final.

Well Bergkamp has more goals for Holland, was top scorer in Euro92, was in the WC98 all star team, etc etc. He was more of a complete footballer than VB imo. I'm half Dutch and everyone in Holland has their favorite I guess out of the big 3 of Cruyff, DB and VB. Certainly nobody would think you're nuts for saying DB>VB. His goal against Argentina is perhaps the best ever scored by a Dutchman and to me DB represents what Dutch football is all about.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Tommyjw

Most goals poached in six-yard box 2012 (Prem): Man United 30, Chelsea 16, Arsenal 13.

Most goals poached in six-yard box 2012 (Europe): Man United 30, Real Madrid 21, Barcelona 19, Atletico Madrid and Juventus 17

I think those stats is largely down to Hernandez :wink:
Some great stats you have there tho!
United fans at the game today singing "Balotelli sells watches on the beach" to the tune of Yellow Submarine. Apparently we're meant to be making him out to be a looky looky man now, but I'm not entirely sure why. Has he done anything recently that'd gain him that image because then it would be kinda funny but for me it's like "huh?! where did that come from?".
Reply 169
Evans was outstanding today.

What's the latest on Anderson does anybody know? The one slight worry I have at the minute is that we have become pretty reliant on Carrick and Cleverley - both have been fantastic, but Carrick was out on his feet at the end of West Brom (the pitch was very heavy that day to be fair) and an injury to either one of them could mean problems, particularly if Anderson is out. Giggsies better form of late seems to have come on the left and I think Kagawa is better off further up the pitch. Scholes certainly wouldn't be able to shoulder the load single-handedly either, and Fletcher doesn't seem back to his best just yet.
Reply 170
Original post by IanDangerously
United fans at the game today singing "Balotelli sells watches on the beach" to the tune of Yellow Submarine. Apparently we're meant to be making him out to be a looky looky man now, but I'm not entirely sure why. Has he done anything recently that'd gain him that image because then it would be kinda funny but for me it's like "huh?! where did that come from?".

Found that one a bit strange as well.

Good to hear Kickin' a Blue getting good airings today and in recent games though. :cool:
Why did we get van Persie so cheap?
subbed :smile:
Original post by Teofilo
Found that one a bit strange as well.

Good to hear Kickin' a Blue getting good airings today and in recent games though. :cool:

Yeah it is a perplexing one, kinda reminds me of the Stephen Ireland wig song we had to that tune but that one actually made sense based on what was going on at the time and was actually funny. I love the kicking a blue song, took a little while to catch on but it seems to have picked up momentum.

I just assume the Balotelli song is another one of these atrocious attempts to be funny like the whole Ken Barlow shtick that got old about four years ago, and the Ralphie Milne Ultras and embarrassing stickers and all that tripe. Some United fans spend too long singing about things that have nothing to do with anything!

Anyway thats my rant for the day :tongue:
Reply 174
Are the tickets for the Real Madrid match at Old Trafford going to be sold to season ticket holders and members (if Man United have that category) only. Do man United have so many season ticket holders that have seats reserved for them (like Celtic), that other categories rarely get seats at Old Trafford? Thus are there any chances of Real Madrid tickets for the match at Old Trafford going on general sale?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by hsv
Are the tickets for the Real Madrid match at Old Trafford going to be sold to season ticket holders and members (if Man United have that category) only. Do man United have so many season ticket holders that have seats reserved for them (like Celtic), that other categories rarely get seats at Old Trafford? Thus are there any chances of Real Madrid tickets for the match at Old Trafford going on general sale?

This is what I want to know.
Angelo henriquez is on loan at Wigan for the rest of the season. Will be good to see him gain premier league experience.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 177
Original post by Stopmessing
Angelo henriquez is on loan at Wigan for the rest of the season. Will be good to see him gain premier league experience.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Exciting. :beard:
Reply 178
Those 2012 stats are just lovely.
Good news about Henriquez too.

I'm starting to really believe...
Reply 179
Original post by hsv

The ballot is on the 20th for the match (I think) - will be over-subscribed of course.

There will be a few around, but it really depends on how much you are willing to pay for them. You would be looking at 250 sterling and above though I would think.

Latest