The Student Room Group

Guys.. why don't you have long hair?

Scroll to see replies

Just gradually got cut shorter and shorter over time. It used to be down to my collar on my school shirts then I started playing rugby. Turns out it's not very practical not being able to see if a ball's flying at you or if someones going to tackle you because your hair's in the way. Basically it's more practical.
Original post by TheRealRasputin
But I do.

As do I, though shorter than it was it's still just about rests on my shoulders.

I think part of it would be maintaining it, not that I do much of that. Also I do think a lot of guys suit short hair better. I've not known short hair for a very long time, some have said they can't imagine me with short hair and it would look too weird. Honestly I've just never considered changing it, but I may look better with short hair for all I know.
(edited 11 years ago)
It's just a pain to manage, it's obviously possible but it would take up too much time. I don't think a guy can relate to what girls do regarding the time they spend on make up/hair etc.
Reply 23
Original post by Munchies-YumYum
I doubt many people on here can be referred to old rockers.. hair is overrated.. even pubic hair. Just shave it all off and get it done with, by the way I would volunteer shaving your legs if you have any interest.

She did not ask you.
Original post by Juichiro
She did not ask you.

She doesn't have to.. noob.
¬.¬
Reply 26
Original post by Munchies-YumYum
She doesn't have to.. noob.

You can keep that insult. Also, of course she doesn't, she happens to have a pair of hands ready to do the work down there.
Reply 27
Because it looks bad, and would be a pain to handle.
Original post by civilstudent
I know you prefere females to have long hair but why don't you? Its sexy, loads of old rockers have long hair and it makes them look hot! Most guys i see hardly have any hair.:confused:

I had an interview. :sad:

Though if I get a chance to grow it back again I might ask you to marry me. :tongue:
Original post by Juichiro
You can keep that insult. Also, of course she doesn't, she happens to have a pair of hands ready to do the work down there.

That's the difference between me and you.. I like to help out.
Because long hair is mostly seen as feminine, unless you can pull it off, which is not an aura I want to be giving off.
Reply 31
Cause I don't listen to rock, plus I don't think this look oozes "sexy" for most women

Spoiler

Reply 32
would you be happy if your girlfriend was the same way? Or would you want long hair on her?

Completely depends on two factors:

- How short are we talking? I have my hair cut pretty short.
- Does shorter hair suit the lady in question?

If you think about it it is rather strange, hair is typically considered to be a more masculine trait, unless it is on the head in which cause more hair seems to be more feminine.

A lot, I may even go as far as saying the vast majoritory of women, simply don't suit short hair, and the shorter you go the more you are pushing it. For guys however it seems to be exactly the same, but in terms of long hair instead.
Original post by Waterstorm
It's just a pain to manage, it's obviously possible but it would take up too much time. I don't think a guy can relate to what girls do regarding the time they spend on make up/hair etc.

Im a girl and dont spend much time on hair/makeup.
Well it would turn into an afro if I did.
Reply 35
I know you prefere females to have long hair but why don't you? Its sexy, loads of old rockers have long hair and it makes them look hot! Most guys i see hardly have any hair.:confused:

I find that if I let it grow beyond a certain length then when the wind blows it can get in front of my face which annoys me.

I'm sure you find it very sexy etc. but it's not the main factor that determines the length that I wish my hair to be.
I have long hair and it's fabulous. :awesome:

Doesn't take much maintenance either. :u:
My hair is down to my waist.

I'll shave my head again in a few months because I CBA with it any more.

Most of the women I'm attracted to like long hair on guys (providing it suits them, anyway), and it's not stopped me getting with women that aren't big fans of it either.

It doesn't matter what your hair is like, if you suck at people you're not gonna get laid regardless.
Reply 38
when i have longish hair , it starts to cover my face and hair starts to get into my eyes, and it itches in the top of my face alot when i have hair rubbing on my face, so i start to look like a monkey scratching every, and also i kinda look stupid too with long hair. :wink:
Reply 39
Original post by 2ndClass
Cause I don't listen to rock, plus I don't think this look oozes "sexy" for most women

Spoiler

haha that picture should be along side one of Russell Brand captioned 'how you think you look' (Brand) and 'how you actually look' (that ugly guy)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending