The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
nothing wrong with that...there's not really an age, even if there was who care's what people think..**** em
Original post by Anonymous
I only lost my virginity when I was 25. While all my friends lost it at 16-18. Did I wait too long to lose my virginity at 25?
Please dont give me all that crap about how one should only lose it when one is comfortable with it blah blah blah...
I just want an honest answer. If you heard someone who lost their virginity at 25, what would your reaction be? would you think - "wow he/she waited a bit too long!". When if the maximum socially accepted age to stay a virgin for?

Its your virginity its up to you! Why do you care what everyone else thinks?
I only lost my virginity when I was 25. While all my friends lost it at 16-18. Did I wait too long to lose my virginity at 25?
Please dont give me all that crap about how one should only lose it when one is comfortable with it blah blah blah...
I just want an honest answer. If you heard someone who lost their virginity at 25, what would your reaction be? would you think - "wow he/she waited a bit too long!". When if the maximum socially accepted age to stay a virgin for?

People act like being a virgin is like holding a grenade, having something that you should rid of asap. In my opinion, it shouldn't be taboo and it should not be something that someone should feel ashamed to say because it is not something shameful no matter what age you are.
Reply 43
Who cares? You don't even have to tell your partner you're a virgin if you don't feel like, it just claim it's been a while since you last had some or something.
Reply 44
Since when was telling people the age you lost your virginity commonplace? lol If you are worried about such a conversation coming up, then lie! It's not like some secret police will hook you up to a lie-detector and ask you when you lost your virginity :tongue:
Original post by S.R
I knew someone would say this. What I mean is that people don't look down on disabled people half as much because society (and I'm not saying this is right) doesn't tend to imagine disabled people having romantic lives.

You don't have to have sex to have a romantic life.. :/.

I understand that disabled people might not perform as well or be what typical people go for appearance wise.. but that doesn't mean they can't be romantic. We aren't robots..
Reply 46
Original post by hannahchan
You don't have to have sex to have a romantic life.. :/.

I understand that disabled people might not perform as well or be what typical people go for appearance wise.. but that doesn't mean they can't be romantic. We aren't robots..

What is your point exactly? I already explained twice that I wasn't taking a dig at the romantic or sexual capabilities of disabled people. I was simply stating that it is the general overall view of most members of society that disabled people are non-romantic/non-sexual. I never said it was actually true or that that view is right, I was simply stating a fact about society's view of disabled people.
Reply 47
Original post by Forget that
I really don't understand why people get so worked up over spelling?
you were able to identify the word the op was implying, why not just let it be?
How do you know they don't have a disability effecting spelling

Only the very foundation of the written word, and ultimately, spoken language as we know it hanging in the balance of cataclysmic doom of being shoved by obstreperous fools into a cesspit of "LOLz Im board ROFLMAO (=_)<<_)", like the waste product of a toddler playing scrabble, spewing and flooding society in its grotesque tide of lunacy and ineptitude. The words I type now could be abolished like some twisted dystopia plot of Orwell's Nine-Teen-Eighty-Four, where language is reduced to a pitiful scrap, a brown smudge upon the pure white underwear of literary past, the Shakespearean Y-fronts which cower and whelp with disgust at the Frankenstein monsters that gorge upon the flesh of correct spelling, and mutate the beautifully crafted words into scenes of gory calamity.
Reply 48
Original post by 2ndClass
Yes it's too old. You might as well sow up your vagina and never have sex again :rolleyes:

lol :biggrin:
Why does it matter? I don't know when most of my friends lost theirs, and its not something i'm that bothered about finding out.
Original post by S.R
But the reality is people do. Up to 30 your statement is valid but past that unless you are openly religious or disabled then people will think you're odd there is no question. That's just how society is. No point in burying your head in the "nobody cares that you're a 30+ year old virgin" sand.

By your logic, losing it at 17 while drunk with a girl you barely know is far better than losing it at 26, upon the arrival of someone truly special (no pun intended).
If someone told me they were 25 when they lost their virginity, I would probably think hmm that's older than most and then I would start reminising about my first time.

In the best possible way, noone cares about you or what you do/have done as much as you do, so there's no point worrying about it :smile:
No.

Besides which why would you ever be talking about it with people who aren't your friends?
Reply 53
Original post by wanderlust.xx
By your logic, losing it at 17 while drunk with a girl you barely know is far better than losing it at 26, upon the arrival of someone truly special (no pun intended).

for the 10000000th time I made no comment on what is actually better I merely stated the fact that society looks down on late bloomers because especially with men the correlate it to social ineptness. I never said this view was justified, only that it exists.
Reply 54
Original post by Double Agent
Too old for what? I think you're being a bit ridiculous to suggest anyone cares about the age at which you got off with someone.

This, very much!
Reply 55
I just want an honest answer.

But you've just answered your own question, right there!
Original post by SherlockH
Only the very foundation of the written word, and ultimately, spoken language as we know it hanging in the balance of cataclysmic doom of being shoved by obstreperous fools into a cesspit of "LOLz Im board ROFLMAO (=_)<<_)", like the waste product of a toddler playing scrabble, spewing and flooding society in its grotesque tide of lunacy and ineptitude. The words I type now could be abolished like some twisted dystopia plot of Orwell's Nine-Teen-Eighty-Four, where language is reduced to a pitiful scrap, a brown smudge upon the pure white underwear of literary past, the Shakespearean Y-fronts which cower and whelp with disgust at the Frankenstein monsters that gorge upon the flesh of correct spelling, and mutate the beautifully crafted words into scenes of gory calamity.

Did you make this up yourself? It's actually quite entertaining- but if taken in context it actually detracts from your argument.
Also, op was not using 'lol' and so on, they just mis- typed a word.
Carry on writing creatively though, its nice to see someone so passionate about something, even if it is on a topic so futile as spelling.
Reply 57
Original post by Forget that
Did you make this up yourself? It's actually quite entertaining- but if taken in context it actually detracts from your argument.
Also, op was not using 'lol' and so on, they just mis- typed a word.
Carry on writing creatively though, its nice to see someone so passionate about something, even if it is on a topic so futile as spelling.

I did, and I thank ye for your comment.

Also, "mistyped" is a word in itself and does not need a hyphen or a space between the root and the prefix.
My best friend is 25 and still a virgin! Theres nothin wrong with it.. I wish I had been older when I lost it.. Just means u wont b gapped like a bucket!!
Reply 59
I think this sums up the general thought on this topic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFZrzg62Zj0

Seriously mate, no one cares. Its socially acceptable whatever the age (except under 16). :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending