The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Drunk Girls - pics

Scroll to see replies

Original post by danny111
I was more thinking about the ad in the back...

I noticed that too!...I was trying to figure out whether the sandwich part of somesort of subway deal I was unaware of. I just appreciate their sheer unswerving perservance, not even stopping in their quest to glance at that glorious ad! :tongue:
Reply 21
Original post by Swanbow
People go out and get drunk on New Years eve, hardly breaking news it? I hate the way the Daily Mail try demonise everything and turn into a scandal.

To be honest though, there's having fun and there's plain embarrassment.
Reply 22
Original post by The_Super_Nerd(:
I noticed that too!...I was trying to figure out whether the sandwich part of somesort of subway deal I was unaware of. I just appreciate their sheer unswerving perservance, not even stopping in their quest to glance at that glorious ad! :tongue:

The drunk mind works in amazing ways.
What? It doesn't matter how drunk a girl is, a guy should know better than to rape her.
Reply 25
Oh look, people being drunk. Oh look, the Daily Mail made an article about it.

That's really all there is to say. Not endorsing that lifestyle but meh, its their lives, not yours or mine. Now that you've got a kick out of looking down on people and feel smug, just move on.
Reply 26
Original post by glousck
Oh look, people being drunk. Oh look, the Daily Mail made an article about it.

That's really all there is to say. Not endorsing that lifestyle but meh, its their lives, not yours or mine. Now that you've got a kick out of looking down on people and feel smug, just move on.

It's fun to laugh and judge.
Reply 27
Original post by Foghorn Leghorn
What? It doesn't matter how drunk a girl is, a guy should know better than to rape her.

People shouldn't rob, steal or kill either. But it happens.

Walk around with a wad of notes in your back pocket, higher chance of being robbed.
Leave your car unlocked whilst you're away from it, higher chance of being stolen.
Put yourself in the wrong situations with the wrong people, higher chance of being killed.

Go out dressed like a stripper and consume so much alcohol that your judgement is so impaired you can no longer string together a proper sentence, higher chance of being raped.

It's common sense. Go out looking for sexual attention and make yourself vulnerable and you're going to get the wrong kind of sexual attention. I have no sympathy for anybody who gets raped whilst they're so intoxicated they can't walk. If you don't respect yourself enough to safeguard yourself, you run the very real risk of being sexually assaulted or raped.

No sympathy.
Reply 28
Original post by danny111
It's fun to laugh and judge.

True, but this feels like an article created simply for the 'i'm-better-than-you' feelz. Even the best of us cough have had unpleasant experiences with alcohol and drugs we'd rather put behind us. I dunno I guess I just think its silly to judge people based on one photo you know.
Original post by Rybee

Walk around with a wad of notes in your back pocket, higher chance of being robbed.
Leave your car unlocked whilst you're away from it, higher chance of being stolen.
Put yourself in the wrong situations with the wrong people, higher chance of being killed.

Go out dressed like a stripper and consume so much alcohol that your judgement is so impaired you can no longer string together a proper sentence, higher chance of being raped.

It's common sense. Go out looking for sexual attention and make yourself vulnerable and you're going to get the wrong kind of sexual attention. I have no sympathy for anybody who gets raped whilst they're so intoxicated they can't walk. If you don't respect yourself enough to safeguard yourself, you run the very real risk of being sexually assaulted or raped.

No sympathy.

You have no sympathy for someone getting raped? That's a bold statement to make. And you are going to be a lawer!

I can't see how getting intoxicated is looking for sexual attention? And can't understand your logic either. Why should we discourage people from doing things that has absolutely no effect on other people. If a woman wants to go out and get drunk then she should be able to considering it is her life and she should be free to choose how she should live it. Her actions aren't harming anyone else. I really can't see how you can show such contempt for this as far as to say you would have no sympathy for them getting raped. By that logic gay couples shouldn't hold hands in the street because there are people out there that are so homophobic that they may decide to throw verbal or even physical abuse at the gay couple.

I think your energy and contempt would be better directed at vile rapists than woman that like to get drunk.
Original post by Rybee

No sympathy.

Yes, let us blame the victims and not the perpetrators of crime. :facepalm2:
Reply 31
The drunkenness itself doesn't surprise me. It's choosing to wear an outfit that will make certain you trip over and possibly injure yourself doesn't make sense to me however.
Reply 32
Original post by Rybee

No sympathy.

I am a girl and I completely agree.

I get really pissed when people try to say, 'well the man should know better.' Seriously? Sure. In an ideal world! If you dress like a slut and are so drunk you cannot even speak, whose fault is it that some scum picks you off the street and rapes you?

If you leave your car unlocked with the key in the ignition, would you say that the robber should know better?

People need to stop being naive and stupid. Women should also start taking more responsibility for their actions.

One time, my gf got so drunk and on our return journey back home she had to go to the toilet 25 times in 2 hours (on a coach!). I don't think she even wiped her arse each time.

After a night out, I normally wake up in the morning to puke - if I haven't eaten any, I puke water - and then go back to bed. Sometimes I think I am going to throw up my kidney or something.

All good memories.
Original post by SuziieB
I am a girl and I completely agree.

I get really pissed when people try to say, 'well the man should know better.' Seriously? Sure. In an ideal world! If you dress like a slut and are so drunk you cannot even speak, whose fault is it that some scum picks you off the street and rapes you?

Well the **** it, let's just send the girl to jail for dressing in a sexual manner. Infact let's do what some people do in some developing countries and just stone her to death. If she didn't want to be raped she should have been covered from head to toe!

If you leave your car unlocked with the key in the ignition, would you say that the robber should know better?

Are you really asking this question?

People need to stop being naive and stupid. Women should also start taking more responsibility for their actions.

I'm all for people being sensible and responsible but your statements are ridiculous. Like I said in my reply to the other person, should homosexuals be discouraged from holding hands in the street due to risk of homophobia? The discouragement should be directed to the criminals commiting the crimes not the victims.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 35
Original post by Izzyeviel
Yes, let us blame the victims and not the perpetrators of crime. :facepalm2:

No one is blaming the victim. Of course the person who rapes her is scum and she does not deserve to be raped just because she was very drunk. But let's be realistic. You would not go around counting your cash and flashing it about in a deserted alleyway ay night would you? If you get robbed, who gave the robber the opportunity to see it in the first place?

Not saying hiding your money means you won't get robbed or that being completely sober means you can never get raped. It's just that the likelihood of either occurring can be greatly reduced by taking precautions.

Well the **** it, let's just send the girl to jail. Infact let's do what some people do in some developing countries and just stone her to death.

I'm all for people being sensible and responsible but your statements are ridiculous. Like I said in my reply to the other person, should homosexuals be discouraged from holding hands in the street due to risk of homophobia? The discouragement should be directed to the criminals commiting the crimes not the victims.

Have you NEVER heard of PRECAUTIONS?

No one is blaming the victim. I am saying that the chance if rape is greatly reduced if you are sober and not dressed extremely provocatively.

Also, I genuinely believe that prevention is much better than cure. If you can prevent it from happening in the first place, the emotional and physical pain of rape can be avoided.
Have you NEVER heard of PRECAUTIONS?

No one is blaming the victim. I am saying that the chance if rape is greatly reduced if you are sober and not dressed extremely provocatively.

Actually going by your previous statements, from what i can tell blaiming the victim is exactly what you were doing. i.e.:

And you haven't answered my question, should gay couples be discouraged from holding hands in the street?
(edited 11 years ago)

I accidentally left the prison doors open. No worries, they will know better than to escape :wink:

You seem to think that provoking a crime is not a bad thing.

If I see a gang of thugs carrying metal bars down the street, do I go out of my way to interact with them? It isn't my fault that I got my head smashed in, or is it.. surely by walking away I averted the circumstance. Don't get me wrong, circumstances like this don't change the doer's deed, but they can influence causation.

http://falserapesociety.blogspot.co.uk/2011/04/is-way-she-dressed-pertinent-in-rape.html
And you haven't answered my question, should gay couples be discouraged from holding hands in the street?

I will happily answer that: If there is an increased risk of homophobic attack and risk to the person, then hell yes! Though it is the state's job to protect the people, where this is not possible does not common sense kick in? People need to exercise some of the aforementioned. Too often they feel they have a legal right which gives them a 'right'. They can whinge about that in court, unfortunately for the present they are being beat up.

Latest

Trending

Trending