The Student Room Group

Guys.. why don't you have long hair?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by concubine
My hair is down to my waist.

I'll shave my head again in a few months because I CBA with it any more.

Most of the women I'm attracted to like long hair on guys (providing it suits them, anyway), and it's not stopped me getting with women that aren't big fans of it either.

It doesn't matter what your hair is like, if you suck at people you're not gonna get laid regardless.

Interesting, I wanna see a picture now ha
Not all guys do these types of things to impress girls you know! We style our hair the way we want in order to feel good about ourselves!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 42
Original post by Munchies-YumYum
That's the difference between me and you.. I like to help out.

That's right. You like to help out yourself.
I do.. ish. Kinda Beatles length... like so it doesn't quite get in the way. I've always thought this is the most convenient length as it's not annoying yet I prefer it longer rather than shorter... wouldn't suit everyone though.
Reply 44
Because I have regular haircuts.
100% of guys with long hair look stupid.
Original post by Juichiro
That's right. You like to help out yourself.

Plenty of opportunities open up from helping out, that's essentialy why social interactions work. Why do you have a great need for other people to like and admire you? You have a tendency to be critical of yourself.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 47
Plenty of opportunities open up from helping out, that's essentialy why social interactions work. Why do you have a great need for other people to like and admire you? You have a tendency to be critical of yourself.

Could you explain in more detail what do you mean in the bolded bit?
Original post by Juichiro

Could you explain in more detail what do you mean in the bolded bit?

That's the personality you strike me as... you're disciplined and self-controlled outside, you tend to be worrisome and insecure inside. At times you have serious doubts as to whether you have made the right decision or done the right thing. You prefer a certain amount of change and variety and become dissatisfied when hemmed in by restrictions and limitations. You pride yourself as an independent thinker and do not accept others' statements without satisfactory proof. You have found it unwise to be too frank in revealing yourself to others. At times you are extroverted, affable, sociable, while at other times you are introverted, wary, reserved. Some of your aspirations tend to be pretty unrealistic yet security is most likely one of your major goals in life.
Reply 49
That's the personality you strike me as... you're disciplined and self-controlled outside, you tend to be worrisome and insecure inside. At times you have serious doubts as to whether you have made the right decision or done the right thing. You prefer a certain amount of change and variety and become dissatisfied when hemmed in by restrictions and limitations. You pride yourself as an independent thinker and do not accept others' statements without satisfactory proof. You have found it unwise to be too frank in revealing yourself to others. At times you are extroverted, affable, sociable, while at other times you are introverted, wary, reserved. Some of your aspirations tend to be pretty unrealistic yet security is most likely one of your major goals in life.

That's quite a lot to infer from a couple of post, isn't it? I guess you have gone into my profile and checked my other posts? Regardless of the truth of what you said you seem pretty confident on how you see me. :tongue: May I ask about your university studies?
Btw, I think that most of what you said probably applies to me. Which is not to say that what you said is true.
Original post by SirMasterKey
Well it would turn into an afro if I did.

My hair's not even long and I get the Afro thang going -_-
Original post by civilstudent
girls have those problems too but still manage long hair. Would you be ok with a girlfriend having short hair if she didnt like long? So many guys tell me to grow mine long but i can relate to the inconvenience!

If she considered long hair inconvenient, yes. I marginally prefer long hair but it's hardly the primary issue for me.

I find dimples, freckles, smile and general body shape would be much more crucial factors as far as physical attraction is concerned.
Reply 52
I did, and it looked godawful.
Reply 53
I wondered this too. Male hair has fallen massively out of fashion since the 80s. It tends to come in and out of fashion anyway so will probably make a comeback. I believe that the current short hair trend is borne out of laziness and not out of fashion. Long hair is a pain to maintain especially afro textured hair which is why virtually all black men are bald these days. I personally love my hair and wish it would grow, but it never gets any taller than 1 inch.
Reply 54
What counts as 'long' hair for males anyway?
Reply 55
But... I do. :curious:
I used to, but working in a lab it can be inconvenient, and people have generally acted more positively towards me since I've had short hair.

On a sidenote, I was quite surprised how often complete strangers would insult me because I had "girl's hair". On the flip side, I also got complete strangers complimenting my hair (I have curly locks when it's long), which doesn't happen with short hair.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by CB91
100% of guys with long hair look stupid.

I'll give you over 50%, but given how often I've been complimented on mine, nah. **** this ****. Enjoy your culturally imposed prejudices.

Original post by Svenjamin
I used to, but working in a lab it can be inconvenient, and people have generally acted more positively towards me since I've had short hair.

On a sidenote, I was quite surprised how often complete strangers would insult me because I had "girl's hair". On the flip side, I also got complete strangers complimenting my hair (I have curly locks when it's long), which doesn't happen with short hair.

I remember this happening only once, when I was starting to grow it and it was at the awful shoulder-ish length (if this is 'long hair' in the minds of all the haters then that's fair enough, in my mind it's not really long till it's well down your back), so that was fair enough. Luckily my hair grows very rapidly.
Original post by Svenjamin

how long was it?

I never had that, all I had..and still do have since it's long enough to tie back into a short ponytail is... "excuse me darling?...I mean sir..sorry.", happens at work all the time haha. It's just a little more cringe worthy when it's a guy saying something like "hey darling", I am not your darling :angry:, unless you're gay...then thank you for the compliment :tongue:. In fairness though I buy a multipack of bobbles (is that what they're called?) and so you get yellow, pink and purple as well, I'll wear them like any other colour. I suppose when I'm facing away from them bending down into a freezer with a pink bobble on I can't blame them, though it's not as if I have a girls figure..right....right?! *sobs*.
Used to but in all honesty it's a pain in the arse, particularly if you do sports of any sort.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending