The Student Room Group

advise on Core 2 edexcel

Hi guys i have got a problem with my core 2. Just a little background info on me i am doing as maths and self teaching A2 mathematics. My question is how would you approach needing to finish core 2 in 10 days. I got a b in gcse however i dont think this shows my ability at all my gcses were really lacklustre due to many reasons i wont go into. I think i have good ability in maths and can grasp methods and apply them. This occured due to my teacher giving me a really short notice i finished core 1 and was finishing m1 and s1 in order to focus on core2-4. My teacher wont predict me a B if i dont get an A in a individual core 2 mock shes going to take of me. Right now the topics i only know are circles geometry radians and sectors bionmial expansion and logarithms so i have alot to do. However i think looking over the topics they seem pretty straight forward like core 1. How would you guys tackle this problem im planning to go over a topic do many questions on it and then move on to doing past paper questions of it instead of just going to do past papers when i finished the module obviously after ive finished i will do as many past papers. sorry for the rambling but yeah how would anyone tackle this situation? im really desperate as my uni offers are in stake and my teacher annoyingly gave me such short notice that she would give me a test so now this its going to be very difficult obviously but im more than up for the task
Reply 1
Im not familiar to the maths community on tsr lol
Reply 2
Original post by Revisionbug
Im not familiar to the maths community on tsr lol

Are you in y12 or y13
Go over the topic in depth.
Consolidate knowledge with some examples.
Do this for all topics.
Try a Past Paper.
Identify weak links, see where you've lost marks.

Note: don't go by marks in each paper as it just shows you can answer those questions. Know each topic inside out so if they throw you a harder question you just apply your knowledge.

examsolutions.co.uk (or .net)

If you need help TSR is here!
Reply 4
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Go over the topic in depth.
Consolidate knowledge with some examples.
Do this for all topics.
Try a Past Paper.
Identify weak links, see where you've lost marks.

Note: don't go by marks in each paper as it just shows you can answer those questions. Know each topic inside out so if they throw you a harder question you just apply your knowledge.

examsolutions.co.uk (or .net)

If you need help TSR is here!

okay thanks :smile:
Original post by Revisionbug
okay thanks :smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2159798

Good thread if you have any questions or queries :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest