The Student Room Group

Extra Virgin Olive Oil for your eyebrows and eyelashes

Hey just wondering if anyone has tried the extra virgin olive oil for their eyebrows and eyelashes? Was the results quick? Are there any side effects?

I've tried googling it and most people are saying it's fine, but I'm still a bit not sure whether to try it. I keep getting images of everything falling off lol :eek:
Reply 1
What 'results' are you hoping to get?

Putting olive oil on your eyebrows and lashes will basically... do nothing at all.
I rub a bit of vaseline onto my eyelashes before I go to bed and it keeps them nice and long - especially after a long day enduring mascara.
I use castor oil, it just keeps em nice and shiny. I don't think they grow but do look darker bc if the shine from the oil maybe
i doubt this would work... it would just make your eyelashes/eyebrows pretty greasy :/

if you don't have naturally long eyelashes, adding oil/vaseline won't make them longer.
Reply 5
It made my lashes and eyebrows longer/thicker when I used it as a make up remover so it might work for you
Original post by nemogirl
Hey just wondering if anyone has tried the extra virgin olive oil for their eyebrows and eyelashes? Was the results quick? Are there any side effects?

I've tried googling it and most people are saying it's fine, but I'm still a bit not sure whether to try it. I keep getting images of everything falling off lol :eek:

I've not tried Olive Oil myself, but you should give Castor Oil a go, with a drop of Rosemary Oil.
I know extra virgin olive oil is very moisturising. If I fancy switching things up from my usual Nivea moisturiser I'll put a light layer of extra virgin olive oil on my face and it works really, really well. Maybe it would moisturise your lashes which should promote hair growth because they'd be in better condition? Moisturising my eyelashes personally doesn't help for me (I use Vaseline for them instead) but it keeps them soft :biggrin:

I don't think the oil would make you greasy if you used it as an overnight thing. I've never tried it however...
(edited 11 years ago)
I wouldn't recommend putting oils on the eye area, the eye area has very sensitive skin. That's not a good idea.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by Cybele
What 'results' are you hoping to get?

Putting olive oil on your eyebrows and lashes will basically... do nothing at all.

i used to have thick eyebrows, then i over plucked them :frown: i heard it would help me get my thicker eyebrows back
Reply 10
Original post by WildBerrySpirit
I've not tried Olive Oil myself, but you should give Castor Oil a go, with a drop of Rosemary Oil.

ah i might do that, do you know if it has any side effects? :smile:
Hey olive oil is very good yes... but I just use a little Vaseline on my eyelashes and it is really good! It moisturizes they eyelashes, and this makes them stronger, preventing them from falling out.

Oils can cause the sensitive eye region to water, so you can't see anything for a little while haha...

But Vaseline, a little applied with the fingers overnight really helps me out haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nemogirl
ah i might do that, do you know if it has any side effects? :smile:

Not that I know of. I only use it on my eyebrows though.
I started using olive oil mixed with coconut oil on lashes and eyebrows and it really worked well! Lashes started to shine, looked thicker, andeyebrows started to grow so fast, i needed to pluck them more frequently! And it does not have any sode effects. I also use olive oil on my skin, apply it o wet skin and rub ir until it feels absorbed. Does not feel oily, sticky or something, it makes my skin soft, especially in the mornings.
No side effects of course! But not very quick in results. 2-3 months or so - it's always like that with natural stuff. I had a good experience in my youth. Right now I wanted much quicker results, so I tried Cherish Lash serum - and I wasn't disappointed. 3 weeks and my eyelashes are much fuller. :smile:
Hi There I have used Olive oil and it works I used night time and in the the results are amazing the little hairs that you couldn't see growed amd you can apply it as normal before going to bed at night. I used it for one night but continueing to use it xxx
Dermalmd Eyebrow Growth Serum works for me! My brows have even become longer and i've had to trim them for the first time.
I don't think eyelashes should have oil on it. It may damage your eyes.
Ive been using Eyelash Growth Serum of Dermalmd for over a year...I LOVE IT!! My lashes are so long and have become darker...when I wear this with my good mascara, people always ask if I have falsies on-and I'm a blonde!!! Highly recommend it, especially for us gals over 40 who need some thickness and length to our lashes...

Quick Reply

Latest