The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Bellissima
well funnily enough i wouldn't wear a bikini to town centre for a spot of shopping, just like i wouldn't wear a ball gown to a beach. what a stupid comment.

You are in the presence of strangers practically naked, how do you feel comfortable with that? Whoever the guy was that first invented the idea of bikini's as being different to underwear and then conditioned women to think it is acceptable as beach wear sure was a mildly sleazy genius.
Reply 21
Original post by DeadGirlsDance
When you're at the beach or pool almost everyone is showing some skin and wearing a similar thing so it's acceptable in that situation. Yes, they are like underwear but when you're in a town center you wouldn't do it because people nobody else is.

Yeah kind of like sheep mentality. Francisco Lachowski is creeping me out slightly.
Reply 22
Original post by Lucia.
Well I have never worn a bikini but if I did it's not proper to wear them walking about. They're beach wear.

Beach wear? More like underwear if you ask me.
Reply 23
Original post by sissoko46
Try to go swimming in your underwear then m8.
Don't look?

Why is it ok for boys to go swimming in their trunks then?
Reply 26
Original post by amyshamblesxx
Why is it ok for boys to go swimming in their trunks then?

Never seen a guy go in with trunks before at the beach. Personally I never go without swimming shorts. I wouldn't like to give people a sneak preview of my man bits.
Reply 27

Just like what men wear then.
Original post by kingsarecool
even the pretty ones look awful in them.
I think that bikini's were designed to be pleasing in the eyes of Men.

Is someone a bit self concious ? :colondollar:

And also why do I have the feeling you would not be one of the pretty ones too?
Reply 29
Original post by Lucia.
Just like what men wear then.

No we wear shorts. :s-smilie:
Yeah kind of like sheep mentality. Francisco Lachowski is creeping me out slightly.

Basically, yeah. How is that even possible? :wink: :love:
No we wear shorts. :s-smilie:

You dont cover your nipples, though? Do you think girls should have to wear bikini tops to cover their breats when men dont have to?
Reply 32
Original post by DeadGirlsDance
Basically, yeah. How is that even possible? :wink: :love:

We don't all find him attractive just because you might do. An ordinary bloke looking staring back at me as I read your posts is very off putting.
Reply 33
Original post by The Fruitbat
You dont cover your nipples, though? Do you think girls should have to wear bikini tops to cover their breats when men dont have to?

Men don't have breasts like women. I don't know about you but I haven't heard of men possessing milk producing breasts.
Men don't have breasts like women. I don't know about you but I haven't heard of men possessing milk producing breasts.

Why is it relevant that womens breats produce milk in discussing whether men and women should be allowed to show equal parts of their body. If you can show your nipples in public, why cant I?
Reply 35
Would you feel comfortable walking around your town center in your underwear? That is essentially what bikini's are.

No, but I don't think I'd be comfortable walking around a town centre in any sort of swimwear.
We don't all find him attractive just because you might do. An ordinary bloke looking staring back at me as I read your posts is very off putting.

I never said everyone did, I was joking because obviously different people have different views on what and who is attractive. Choose the option in your settings to have sigs in spoilers then, that way you don't have to look at his beautiful face.
Original post by The Fruitbat
Why is it relevant that womens breats produce milk in discussing whether men and women should be allowed to show equal parts of their body. If you can show your nipples in public, why cant I?

Technically, you can. It's not actually illegal! (At least, as far as I know it's not - it's definitely legal in New York though that's neither here nor there) It's simply frowned upon.

Edit: Yes, it's legal! http://yougov.co.uk/news/2012/10/02/-what-are-your-views-on-toplessness/

"However, nudity is legal in the UK, unless it is proved that it was used in order to ‘harass, alarm, or distress others"
(edited 11 years ago)
Would you feel comfortable walking around your town center in your underwear? That is essentially what bikini's are.

When you're talking in excess of 30oC, then yes, wearing underwear in public is far more comfortable than clothing. Hell, I would go naked if the law allowed me at anything above that temperature :biggrin:
You are in the presence of strangers practically naked, how do you feel comfortable with that? Whoever the guy was that first invented the idea of bikini's as being different to underwear and then conditioned women to think it is acceptable as beach wear sure was a mildly sleazy genius.

well i'm not naked am i? all the important bits are covered up. i don't have a problem getting changed in front of a room full of strangers, will walk around changing rooms etc. in just my underwear... not really different.

Latest