The Student Room Group

AS chemistry edexcel unit 1 HELP

hi erm chem is one of my strongest subjects, im hoping to get an A could anybody please just expplain electron density maps? i have no clue what they are..exam in one week ive covered everything..just this left..none of the websites explain it properly. huge help please!!! :smile:
Reply 1
Have you made any notes that you could send. I'm really struggling in chemistry and exams in 8 days...
Original post by ASStudent
Have you made any notes that you could send. I'm really struggling in chemistry and exams in 8 days...

Read your revision guide or textbook. Make sure you know and understand the concepts.
If you have time you could do the june 2012 paper as a mock 1/2 days before the exam.
Reply 3
Hey well all my notes are written and theres a lot of pages..they arent typed..any idea how i can send them?? Il try and find a good set of notes for u tho :smile:

And still confused on what electron density maps are ???
Reply 4
Original post by Priya08
Hey well all my notes are written and theres a lot of pages..they arent typed..any idea how i can send them?? Il try and find a good set of notes for u tho :smile:

And still confused on what electron density maps are ???

I have actually made 40 pages of written notes, just not concise enough and nothings sticking in my head. Maybe you could scan them? Thanks anyway:smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Priya08
hi erm chem is one of my strongest subjects, im hoping to get an A could anybody please just expplain electron density maps? i have no clue what they are..exam in one week ive covered everything..just this left..none of the websites explain it properly. huge help please!!! :smile:

electron density maps just show where the highest electron density is.

In ionic compounds between the ions and density is zero (spaces between ions) because they are not sharing electrons. The bonding electrons have moved from one atom to another e.g. from the sodium to the chloride.

In covalently bonded molecules there is a high electron density between the two atoms hence sharing electrons and the covalent bond.

Hope this helped:smile:
Reply 6
Okayy thankss

Quick Reply

Latest