The Student Room Group

Making of "Innocence of Muslims" film

http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/2012/12/making-of-innocence-of-muslims

Quite a comprehensive article on how the controversial film was created and how the people involved were manipulated. Controversy about abuse on Islam and embassy attacks aside for a minute, just wanted to hear others thoughts on the creators of the film and does it sound like a true account of the actors?
What I find staggering about this whole thing is that the guy who made the film was sentenced to 1 year in prison.

So much for land of the free! So it seems the US Constitution gets torn up if you've insulted Muslims?

There's no way he could have predicted the violent reaction from Muslims. So basically the law in the US now is you can't insult Muslims or face 1 year in prison?

Does this apply to all religious, cultural and faith groups? Or just Muslims?

What an absolute farce! His imprisonment is clearly a violation of the US Constitution, but the Obama administration clearly made a calculated decision that it would be best to punish him to a least appear to the Muslim world that they are in their side.

He is pretty much a political prisoner.
(edited 11 years ago)
I think the appalling level of violence shown by Muslims protesting this film vindicates the message of the makers of the film.
Original post by TobaccoSmoke
What I find staggering about this whole thing is that the guy who made the film was sentenced to 1 year in prison.

I think that was because he had previously committed some type of internet fraud and he was banned from using the internet by some court or whatever.
By uploading the video he sort of defied the ban.

Read some article on that a while ago ^

Edit: This isn't the article I read but it shows some of the dodgy stuff he was involved in http://www.weeklyblitz.net/2579/the-mysterious-maker-of-innocence-of-muslims
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by TobaccoSmoke

So much for land of the free! So it seems the US Constitution gets torn up if you've insulted Muslims?

There's no way he could have predicted the violent reaction from Muslims. So basically the law in the US now is you can't insult Muslims or face 1 year in prison?

Does this apply to all religious, cultural and faith groups? Or just Muslims?

What an absolute farce! His imprisonment is clearly a violation of the US Constitution, but the Obama administration clearly made a calculated decision that it would be best to punish him to a least appear to the Muslim world that they are in their side.

He is pretty much a political prisoner.

If you calm down and do some research you'll find he was sentenced for lying to probation officials and using a false name. He lied to the actors who took part in the film putting them and their reputations at risk which was totally irresponsible.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2012/11/innocence-muslims-filmmaker-sentenced.html

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending