The Student Room Group

TSR New Year Transformation Contest - Official Entry Thread

TSR Transformation Contest Official Entry Thread

Please note - this competition will be held in its own forum which will be created later this week (similar to the 'summer transformation contest forum'). Please wait until the forum is created before making a transformation blog, or create it in the 'fitness blogs' forum and request it to be moved later. This thread, and the discussion thread, will also be moved to the specific transformation forum.

The sponsor/s and prizes will be announced as soon as possible.

Inspiration:
Before we start, click the spoiler box below and have a look at the incredible 12 week transformations made by the previous winners of TSR's transformation contests:

Spoiler

There is no reason why you can't make changes like the above!

TSR Transformation Contest is BACK.
- It's the New Year, and I'm sure you have a resolution to lose weight, tone up, gain weight, or perhaps build muscle. This competition is the perfect tool to keep you on track with your resolution.
- The best ‘transformations’ for both male and female will be crowned the winners.
- Everyone starts on a level playing field, and with 12 weeks of hard work, dedication and sacrifice ahead; it’s all to play for!
- Big prizes to keep you motivated.

“Why should I enter TSR Transformation Contest?
- It's the New Year - it's a new you!
- A healthy goal to strive towards during the next few months.
- Perhaps you are lacking motivation and need extra encouragement.
- Extensive support and advice from the members of TSR’s fitness forum.
- Achieve your desired physique.
- Blog your progress and meet friends along the way.
- Broaden your own knowledge of health and fitness.
- Win fantastic prizes.
- The competition closes just in time for Easter - put in the hard work now, and reward yourself with a few eggs.

“Great, I’m convinced. How do I enter?”
- Take three photos of yourself, either in underwear or swimwear. A photo from the front, side, and back. Post more if you like, the more the merrier!
- At least one of the photos must contain the date in some form. This could be by holding a newspaper or your laptop with a website which shows the date.
- Try and take the photos in good lighting, and have similar lighting for the end pictures.
- Post your start pictures in this thread between these dates:
o 1st Jan - 8th Jan
- Post your end pictures in this thread between these dates:
o 19th March - 26th March
- With a whole week for you to post your pictures, there are no excuses that you don’t have time!

Note: If you would like to post an anonymous, please send me a PM. Only use this avenue if you really need too, as its more fun and beneficial to join in and get involved under your username.
By posting photographs in this thread, you acknowledge a) that the photographs are viewable by any individual wishing to access The Student Room and b) that you have the required permission for posting the photos on the internet. If you are under 18, this includes parental consent. Any photographs which are thought to be inappropriate will be removed.

“What are the prizes??”

Male:
1st place: £100 worth of product from Maxiraw and a 3 month TSR subscription.

2nd place: £50 worth of product from Maxiraw and a 2 month TSR subscription.

3rd place: £50 worth of product from Maxiraw and a 1 month TSR subscription.

Female:
1st place: £100 worth of product from Maxiraw and a 3 month TSR subscription.

2nd place: £50 worth of product from Maxiraw and a 2 month TSR subscription.

3rd place: £50 worth of product from Maxiraw and a 1 month TSR subscription.

Overall winner chosen by Muscle Supermarket - £50.00 voucher to be used with any of these retailers

“Are there any other things I need to know before I start?”
- Judging will be: Commandant and the Fitness Mods will shortlist potential winners, and our sponsor/s will then pick the top transformations.
- Entrants must not be taking steroids and there should be no discussion on this topic. Moderators will remove all posts discussing steroids.
- Be sure to start your blog!

Helpful links providing support and advice:

Resources and support

List of Entrants

Male - 30 Entrants
epicmedic2701 Start
Mess Start
Robj93 Start
Hegelian Start
Garbage131 Start
END cpdavis Start
GR3YF0XXX Start
pezza2000 Start
END mr magic man Start
Danny Start
Shomberlon Start
cowsforsale Start
END challenger1 Start
END abbda29 Start
McDiet Start
Maestok Start
LookIt'sPete Start
END nom de guerre Start
END k9markiii Start
END Jimmy Rustle Start
Michael XYZ Start
Shawshank Start
FinnMC Start
END Deshi Start
Soobiedoobiedoo Start
END Megaloblastic Start
toned4napa Start
heartnotheavy Start
Bath Medic Start
spamking Start

Female - 27 Entrants
END Chrisateen Start
END Starlight Smiles Start
parpirate Start
emma9124 Start
Nomes89 Start
END Carbon Production Start
IrKirsty Start
Perserve Start
Mother Russia Start
WildeAboutOscar Start
END Floob Start
Ruby Roo Start
Ruby 1988 Start
K1rby Start
blants Start
END Gladbags 2012 Start
sausageez Start
PixieStarDust Start
Ex Nihilo Start
riotgrrl Start
London 12345
Start

El Blob Start
LittleMissPiglet Start
greeneyedgirl Start
timeforchange Start
chocaddict Start
Don'tStopMeNow Start
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hey everyone :smile:

My brothers did the summer one and that has inspired me to change as well!

Just made a new profile on student room so I can enter this competition, hopefully it will give me the motivation to continue on!

After graduating from university I decided I need to take responsibility for my own health.

Already lost one stone during December and I want to continue losing a bit more weight until I'm happy with my bf levels, then I'm going to transition into a slow bulk using a reverse diet.

Current lifts (3x5):
OHP 30kg
Bench 55kg
Squat 75kg
DL 100kg

Calories are going to be around 1800 every day.

Weight: 13st 3lbs
height: 6ft
BF %: no idea..

Front:

Spoiler

Side:

Spoiler

Back:

Spoiler

Proof:

Spoiler

This is my first transformation contest so if anything is wrong or the proof is wrong etc then I'd appreciate it if someone could notify me :smile:

Good luck to everyone else, remember in this competition everyone who makes some change wins, not just those with the prizes.

(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by epicmedic2701
Hey everyone :smile:

My brothers did the summer one and that has inspired me to change as well!

Just made a new profile on student room so I can enter this competition, hopefully it will give me the motivation to continue on!

After graduating from university I decided I need to take responsibility for my own health.

Already lost one stone during December and I want to continue losing a bit more weight until I'm happy with my bf levels, then I'm going to transition into a slow bulk using a reverse diet.

Current lifts (3x5):
OHP 30kg
Bench 55kg
Squat 75kg
DL 100kg

Calories are going to be around 1800 every day.

Weight: 13st 3lbs
height: 6ft
BF %: no idea..

Front:

Spoiler

Side:

Spoiler

Back:

Spoiler

Proof:

Spoiler

This is my first transformation contest so if anything is wrong or the proof is wrong etc then I'd appreciate it if someone could notify me :smile:

Good luck to everyone else, remember in this competition everyone who makes some change wins, not just those with the prizes.

Good luck brah :wink:
Ok I decided to join in but I probably won't look that much different especially as I am already a few months into my bulk.

As some people may know I lost 110lbs in one year and started lifting weights. Afterwards I decided to gain weight and build muscle in order to get my body to where I want it to be.

So my plan is to continue bulking until the end of February and then decide whether I should start cutting or bulk for the rest of the transformation period (Did wish though that it was longer :frown:).

I'm also hoping to make strength gains during this period particularly with my bench press, dips and pull ups.

Here is my before photos

(N.T Deleted before photos see my after photos post which has both my before and after picture side by side)
(edited 11 years ago)
Hey guys!

I lurked with interest during the last transformation contest. I've now been inspired to enter. I'm 20 years old and weigh 107lb. I also suffer from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.

I have a couple of reasons for wanting to get fitter:
-The first reason is to do with my medical condition, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, I feel constantly tired and lack stamina. I always feel more alert when I exercise so I'm hoping that entering this contest will help me to lessen the levels of fatigue I feel.

-The second reason is that I'm underweight. I weigh 107lbs but the nutritionist I've been seeing (due to the fatigue) has advised me that my ideal weight should be around the 114-116lb mark. I also would love to have a slightly more muscular physique and, for this reason, I'm going to be including a moderate amount of weight-training into my regime. (I don't know if I'll gain much muscle in a mere 12 weeks but I'll try my best!)

So here's my current photos:
P1080532.JPGP1080533.JPGP1080534.JPGproof of date.jpg

I'll also post a blog although I'll be on holiday over the next week so I'm not sure if I'll create one until I'm back.

Goodluck to everyone else entering.

StarlightSmiles :smile:
Reply 5
Right so here goes, with my real profile :colonhash:

If anyone has any advice then that would be great. If it is anything to do with free weights could we please keep it away from bars or anything that will put excess stress on my lower back and knees (squats etc) but I am not against trying out some things with dumbbells. I would be happier using the machines, at least for this contest, until I am confident about old injuries not resurfacing, so advice regarding those would be better.

Aims here are to really cut down the fat from my stomach area (and face, although that isn't in the picture) and increase the size of my chest/arms. The long term aim is to increase power, strength, speed and stamina with a view to getting back into playing rugby.

I am planning on going to the gym 4/5 times a week with one of the days likely substituted for two hours of badminton.

Also, what do people think about classes in the gym? Things like circuit training.

Weight: 90kg
Height: 6'2'
Body fat: 22.5%

Edit: I have edited my weight and body fat % as to what they actually were at the the time of posting my pictures :yep:
(edited 11 years ago)
Decided to enter and hopefully the thought of posting the end photos will give the motivation to do something. My main goal is to lose some fat but also to build up my core strength since my lack of it causes achy knees / hips and also to sort out my ankles which are 'loose but inflexible'.

Forgot to bring my scales back to uni with me but I have a tape measure hiding somewhere and I'll update with measurements when I find it.

I have no idea why the pictures have rotated sideways, they were sideways the other way so I rotated them upright but they've rotated themselves again when I uploaded them :/

front

back

side

proof

130102-162927.jpg 130102-163003.jpg 130102-163054.jpg proof.jpg

Let's go.
Height - 5'9
Weight this morning - 13st 2.
Bodyfat - Not sure, 25%?
Target weight - Somewhere under 12st
Lifts: Bench press: 67.5kg x 5 x 3
OHP: 40kg x 5 x 3
Deadlift: 150kg x 5
Squat: 92.5kg x 5 x 3

Targets: Bench press: 72.5kg x 5 x 3
OHP: 47.5kg x 5 x 3
Deadlift: 160kg x 5
Squat: 105kg x 5 x 3
Original post by RobJ93
130102-162927.jpg 130102-163003.jpg 130102-163054.jpg proof.jpg

Let's go.
Height - 5'9
Weight this morning - 13st 2.
Bodyfat - Not sure, 25%?
Target weight - Somewhere under 12st
Lifts: Bench press: 67.5kg x 5 x 3
OHP: 40kg x 5 x 3
Deadlift: 150kg x 5
Squat: 92.5kg x 5 x 3

Targets: Bench press: 72.5kg x 5 x 3
OHP: 47.5kg x 5 x 3
Deadlift: 160kg x 5
Squat: 105kg x 5 x 3

Good luck mate, I'll be keeping an eye on your progress. How many calories are you planning to go for?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by parpirate
Decided to enter and hopefully the thought of posting the end photos will give the motivation to do something. My main goal is to lose some fat but also to build up my core strength since my lack of it causes achy knees / hips and also to sort out my ankles which are 'loose but inflexible'.

Forgot to bring my scales back to uni with me but I have a tape measure hiding somewhere and I'll update with measurements when I find it.

I have no idea why the pictures have rotated sideways, they were sideways the other way so I rotated them upright but they've rotated themselves again when I uploaded them :/

front

back

side

proof

Good luck with your transformation! :smile:
Original post by areebmazhar
Good luck mate, I'll be keeping an eye on your progress? How many calories are you planning to go for?

Cheers. Aiming for 1900cals a day!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Photo on 02-01-2013 at 17.26.jpgPhoto on 02-01-2013 at 17.25 #2.jpgPhoto on 02-01-2013 at 17.25 #4.jpgPhoto on 02-01-2013 at 17.25.jpgPhoto on 02-01-2013 at 17.25 #3.jpgPhoto on 02-01-2013 at 17.29.jpg

Hope that the proof is good enough, if its not Ill work out how to do that date stamp thing.

Im basically looking to lean down. WOuldnt mind slightly more muscular upper body and shoulders but Im not looking to gain a lot of weight. ALso hoping to get much more toned and strong legs hence the leg shots!
Reply 12
Original post by Mess.

If anyone has any advice then that would be great. If it is anything to do with free weights could we please keep it away from bars or anything that will put excess stress on my lower back and knees (squats etc) but I am not against trying out some things with dumbbells. I would be happier using the machines, at least for this contest, until I am confident about old injuries not resurfacing, so advice regarding those would be better.

Aims here are to really cut down the fat from my stomach area (and face, although that isn't in the picture) and increase the size of my chest/arms. The long term aim is to increase power, strength, speed and stamina with a view to getting back into playing rugby.

I am planning on going to the gym 4/5 times a week with one of the days likely substituted for two hours of badminton.

Also, what do people think about classes in the gym? Things like circuit training.

Weight: About 14 stone (Haven't weighed myself in a while)
Height: 6'2'
Body fat%: Around 20%

fap fap fap :dice:

With pointing out that properly performed squats will improve, rather than harm, your knees out the way, it's worth thinking about the fact that increasing power/strength/size in a rugby or sport specific way is hard to achieve without barbell training.

In terms of your initial aim of building your chest and arms; don't neglect the rest of your body. Better to develop evenly and in proportion.

A clean diet, cutting out things like beer and processed food, and going to the gym will help reduce the fat when adhered to. Keep this diet, and the exercise up, and you'll find you probably only need to run a slight calorific deficit, without additional cardio. Gym classes are pointless unless you really struggle with the motivation to follow your own program, or are clueless as to what to include. If this is the case, look into it. Classes are unlikely to help with your aims, but may serve as a way to meet like minded people.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Mess.

I have ****ed up knees and squats are the one exercise which really really help. I've torn the inner meniscus and cartillage before -- leg press (machine), leg extensions (machine) even lunges mess me up. Squats have definitely improved my knee health (if you do them correctly, not like a douche and push with your toes which puts immense pressure on your knees and back).
You also mentioned badminton. That was really good for my knees too. I'll add cycling.
Reply 14
Hey Guys, been going to the gym for a few weeks and wanted to try this to track my progress along the way , I'm skinny with a low BF and want to raise my lean muscle and overall weight .

Age 16
Height 6" ft
Weight 9st 11lbs , 60kg
Max bench : 40kg
Deadlift : 45kg
Squat 45kg
Max Dumbell press 17.5 kg
Arms 13 inches

Hopefully be working a lot on my chest and get larger legs/back , also to put on about half a stone of lean muscle and fill out my t shirts a bit more.

My abs are lacking too so I need to build them and keep a low BF

going to the gym 3/4 times with one session of cardio.

Taking around 3000 calories a day with a whey protein shake post workout and a slow releasing protein before bed

p.s How do i add spoilers?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Garbage131
Hey Guys, been going to the gym for a few weeks and wanted to try this to track my progress along the way , I'm skinny with a low BF and want to raise my lean muscle and overall weight .

Age 16
Height 6" ft
Weight 9st 11lbs , 60kg
Max bench : 40kg
Deadlift : 45kg
Squat 45kg
Max Dumbell press 17.5 kg
Arms 13 inches

Hopefully be working a lot on my chest and get larger legs/back , also to put on about half a stone of lean muscle and fill out my t shirts a bit more.

My abs are lacking too so I need to build them and keep a low BF

going to the gym 3/4 times with one session of cardio.

Taking around 3000 calories a day with a whey protein shake post workout and a slow releasing protein before bed

p.s How do i add spoilers?

Put (spoiler) before the picture and then (/spoiler) after it's done, but with square brackets instead of the normal ones :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Entry done!

Side

Front

Back

Proof

I actually want to make a change for once rather than doing it and then not making as much as I would have wanted :sadnod: Third time lucky?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by zjs
fap fap fap :dice:

With pointing out that properly performed squats will improve, rather than harm, your knees out the way, it's worth thinking about the fact that increasing power/strength/size in a rugby or sport specific way is hard to achieve without barbell training.

In terms of your initial aim of building your chest and arms; don't neglect the rest of your body. Better to develop evenly and in proportion.

A clean diet, cutting out things like beer and processed food, and going to the gym will help reduce the fat when adhered to. Keep this diet, and the exercise up, and you'll find you probably only need to run a slight calorific deficit, without additional cardio. Gym classes are pointless unless you really struggle with the motivation to follow your own program, or are clueless as to what to include. If this is the case, look into it. Classes are unlikely to help with your aims, but may serve as a way to meet like minded people.

I was good enough to play rugby to a pretty high standard without the bars beforehand and without much gym training at all tbh. So I would have thought that I could get at least pretty close using the machines?

My legs are already out of proportion compared to my upper body anyway, so whilst I won't neglect them, I am not going to go over the top with them.

Is it best to have one solid day of cardio and one solid day of weights? Rather than trying to do both in a single trip?

I don't really drink at the moment anyway but getting a cleaner diet is always going to be a problem. I am trying to change that though :colonhash:

Original post by silent ninja
I have ****ed up knees and squats are the one exercise which really really help. I've torn the inner meniscus and cartillage before -- leg press (machine), leg extensions (machine) even lunges mess me up. Squats have definitely improved my knee health (if you do them correctly, not like a douche and push with your toes which puts immense pressure on your knees and back).
You also mentioned badminton. That was really good for my knees too. I'll add cycling.

One of the main issues is that I wouldn't trust myself to learn the form and I also couldn't be arsed waiting round for all of the people queuing up for a go on the one bar in the gym I go to. I don't have anyone to spot for me either so going down on my knees with extra weight is not great.

The issue with my knee is ligament, cartilage and knee cap damage from the bottom half of my leg staying planted and the top half twisting 180, so anything I can do to avoid excess stress in that area is something I am happy with. I still have pretty strong legs though, can push about 100kg for 10 reps with only the damaged leg :dontknow: Just the stamina has drained from them over the years.

I do really enjoy badminton, really helps with the calves as well.
Just a heads up: At the end of the week when all entries are in, I'll move all discussion to the other thread leaving just the entries in this one :smile:.
See Photos.

Just looking to shift holiday weight, way too much food and drink.

Excuse the scabby boxers!

I plan to bulk up abit, then cut.

I'm not counting Kcals, just going to eat clean and reduce alcohol intake.

Spoiler

(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest