The Student Room Group

Upcoming Exams

Hi guys, needed some advice, Ive got 3 AS level exams coming up within the next 2-3 weeks (Biology, Chemistry and Maths) and then followed by 4 GCSE retake exams for Chemistry and the entire GCSE physics course (3 exams for OCR 21st Centure 2006 spec P1 to P7) however I only have revised for the A level exams and barely any for the GCSE ones (I got B's in both Chem and Physics and wanted to push this to an "A" however the pressure is unbelievable), any advice on methods of revision or shall I not retake these exams at all?
Original post by ZainS
Hi guys, needed some advice, Ive got 3 AS level exams coming up within the next 2-3 weeks (Biology, Chemistry and Maths) and then followed by 4 GCSE retake exams for Chemistry and the entire GCSE physics course (3 exams for OCR 21st Centure 2006 spec P1 to P7) however I only have revised for the A level exams and barely any for the GCSE ones (I got B's in both Chem and Physics and wanted to push this to an "A" however the pressure is unbelievable), any advice on methods of revision or shall I not retake these exams at all?

I would actually suggest for you not to retake any other GCSE exams, but I think it is too late already
When you apply to universities, some uni's might not accept GCSE retakes for the reasons being that they think that you'll end up relying on the retakes.
But if you insist of taking them still, I think that you should focus more on your AS, because although Universities do look really closely at your GCSE's, majority still rely on your AS results.
I was going to retake my GCSE's but then after I e-mailed some Uni's, I got really scared :/

Good luck on deciding :P

Quick Reply

Latest