The Student Room Group

gcse re-sits help please.

Hi all,

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, Is this the right forum to ask about resitting my GCSE's,

Thanks in advance.
Original post by Homersleftfoot
Hi all,

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, Is this the right forum to ask about resitting my GCSE's,

Thanks in advance.

Should be posted in maths exams, but someone might move it later anyway. What's your question?
Reply 2
Hi all,

Thanks in advance.

What questions do you have?
Original post by hello calum
Should be posted in maths exams, but someone might move it later anyway.

Ta da!
Reply 4
Thanks for moving the thread,

As for the questions,

I havn't got a clue how to go about re-sitting the exam, for instance where would I go to sit it and courses from what I can see start Sept time, I'm looking to start now. Is there an alternative etc ?

Thanks
Thanks for moving the thread,

As for the questions,

I havn't got a clue how to go about re-sitting the exam, for instance where would I go to sit it and courses from what I can see start Sept time, I'm looking to start now. Is there an alternative etc ?

Thanks

Could you tell us how long you have been out of education and which GCSEs you might wish to retake?
Reply 6
I've been out of education for 26 year now and I would like to resit maths a science subject, so they where cse's, if that makes a difference ?

Thanks
Reply 7
I've been out of education for 26 year now and I would like to resit maths a science subject, so they where cse's, if that makes a difference ?

Thanks

I would recommend for maths GCSE that you take a part time class at a local college or through your local authority adult learning service. For this academic year they were free to learners who don't have a GCSE grade C but there's no guarantee that funding will continue next year.

It's too late to start a GCSE class this academic year as courses usually start in September but you could probably get on to a Level 2 Functional Skills maths course that will get you started with appropriate revision on number, measures and data and prepare you for the new problem solving questions in GCSE.
Reply 8
Hi,

Thanks for the advice, Is the Level 2 Functional Skills course college / Adult Learning service based ?

Cheers.
Reply 9
Hi,

Thanks for the advice, Is the Level 2 Functional Skills course college / Adult Learning service based ?

Cheers.

In my area it's Adult Learning (and free) where are you you (geographically)?
I'm in West Cumbria, mate.
Reply 11
I'm in West Cumbria, mate.

http://www.cumbria.gov.uk/childrensservices/schoolsandlearning/lss/adulteducation/adultcoursefinder.asp

click on English and Maths and check page 2 and 3 of results
Thanks ever so much for that, will give them a ring tommorow and see about enrolling.
Just a quick message to say Thanks to all who replied offering advice, I have now enrolled on a Maths GCSE course through the local Adult Education service.

Thanks All.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending