The Student Room Group

I cannot revise - I just don't care anymore

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Wild Youth
Proff. Dumbledore I assume :tongue:

"You have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy"

Ah that's it, thanks haha
Original post by Sexy!egs
Well as the title says really, I have exams starting on the 15th and after failing last year at A levels when I worked my arse off, I lack any motivation! I just want to sit and read my own books, not school work. I just don't care. I want to be happy not stressed revising, this stress in the passed has flared up my OCD, to a severe state and has given me weekly panic attacks!

I feel the same. I used to be so motivated last year and now I just can't revise! :frown: It's almost as if I don't even care... And it follows all these university rejections. Darn medicine.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 22
Original post by TheGodfather1
never-quit2.jpg

That's such a good quote!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Original post by TheNoobyPotato
I feel the same. I used to be so motivated last year and now I just can't revise! :frown: It's almost as if I don't even care... And it follows all these university rejections. Darn medicine.

Applying for medicine? I'm applying for dentistry. Retakes. All rejections pre interview last year. Sad times :frown:
Reply 24
Think of results day.
Original post by _HabibaH_
Applying for medicine? I'm applying for dentistry. Retakes. All rejections pre interview last year. Sad times :frown:

I'm in year 13 and I have 2 rejections so far. Just makes me feel like there's no point in even trying at times.
Well as the title says really, I have exams starting on the 15th and after failing last year at A levels when I worked my arse off, I lack any motivation! I just want to sit and read my own books, not school work. I just don't care. I want to be happy not stressed revising, this stress in the passed has flared up my OCD, to a severe state and has given me weekly panic attacks!

Good for you

This is me every single day, but I eventually do revise (for ridiculous times like 6 hours) because I honestly have nothing better to do with my time :frown:

I'm feeling like this, but because of depression. Hope things work out for you.
Reply 29
Original post by TheNoobyPotato
I'm in year 13 and I have 2 rejections so far. Just makes me feel like there's no point in even trying at times.

No no no! Don't feel like that. That many rejections go out to most of the dental/medical applicants. Don't feel down because you're normal. And if you're comparing to TSR standards then you should know better than to believe all the inflated lies, predictions, offers etc on here.

I received four rejections last year. It was awful and I know how you feel. Worse still, I got three within two weeks (my Jan exam weeks). I was so angry I exhausted myself by revising at night. The last thing I thought about when I went to sleep were my rejections and the first thing I thought about in the morning were those rejections. It hurts for a while but you have to pick yourself up!

When you get the grades, you have a better chance. I slacked after Feb because I got ill and then I just lost all motivation. I missed two grades and I have to play catchup in my gap year so DO NOT make the same mistake I did.

And now gapping, I just feel as though whatever happened was for the best. Even though I didn't see that then (I was too distraught to), if you work hard it should all pay off in the end.

So have HOPE and BELIEVE in yourself and tell yourself that you are CAPABLE and DETERMINED and you will PERSEVERE! Okay?
asdasd
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 31
Original post by ColossalKrish
Same position as you, in year 13 I also have rejections from like Queen Mary, it's not even that I got predicted UUE and Queen Mary was my top choice and they probably laughed, they replied my predicted grades were to low. It is really stupid to be honest that they predicted me; two grades LOWER than my AS results which is absurd. I really have no motivation, no point of revising, probably going to get a random course & university which I do not even desire, and probably wont get a on campus accommodation. Pointless really, got one choice left I really hope get it because if not I'm screwed for life.

Concentrate on your grades. I know a girl who got predicted ABC in Alevels and achieved AAA. She then took a gap year and reapplied for Medicine. It's not over. Work hard and prove all your critics wrong and show yourself that you can do it.
Reply 32
pain is temporary, but the gains last forever
Same position as you, in year 13 I also have rejections from like Queen Mary, it's not even that I got predicted UUE and Queen Mary was my top choice and they probably laughed, they replied my predicted grades were to low. It is really stupid to be honest that they predicted me; two grades LOWER than my AS results which is absurd. I really have no motivation, no point of revising, probably going to get a random course & university which I do not even desire, and probably wont get a on campus accommodation. Pointless really, got one choice left I really hope get it because if not I'm screwed for life.

Your school sounds stupid.

Really try for the grades, I'm sure it will work out for you. Remember, there's clearing, so if you get what Queen Mary want, you can call on the day of results day and perhaps get an offer. Even if you have to take a gap year, you will have the grades at that point, so you will be able to get in.

And now, after reading this, GO WORK ! :biggrin:
No no no! Don't feel like that. That many rejections go out to most of the dental/medical applicants. Don't feel down because you're normal. And if you're comparing to TSR standards then you should know better than to believe all the inflated lies, predictions, offers etc on here.

I received four rejections last year. It was awful and I know how you feel. Worse still, I got three within two weeks (my Jan exam weeks). I was so angry I exhausted myself by revising at night. The last thing I thought about when I went to sleep were my rejections and the first thing I thought about in the morning were those rejections. It hurts for a while but you have to pick yourself up!

When you get the grades, you have a better chance. I slacked after Feb because I got ill and then I just lost all motivation. I missed two grades and I have to play catchup in my gap year so DO NOT make the same mistake I did.

And now gapping, I just feel as though whatever happened was for the best. Even though I didn't see that then (I was too distraught to), if you work hard it should all pay off in the end.

So have HOPE and BELIEVE in yourself and tell yourself that you are CAPABLE and DETERMINED and you will PERSEVERE! Okay?

That was very motivating, thank you :smile:

I hope everything works out for you !
Concentrate on your grades. I know a girl who got predicted ABC in Alevels and achieved AAA. She then took a gap year and reapplied for Medicine. It's not over. Work hard and prove all your critics wrong and show yourself that you can do it.

She got predicted ABC, Then she got a place after taking a gap year. You see for me its different I am predicted ONE pass at A Level at E grade which is pretty stupid, At least she had some motivation. I dont even know what to do, exams in a week and a half, have not revised yet - I am stupid I know - just going to try my best I guess tomorrow until the exams are finished.
Reply 36
She got predicted ABC, Then she got a place after taking a gap year. You see for me its different I am predicted ONE pass at A Level at E grade which is pretty stupid, At least she had some motivation. I dont even know what to do, exams in a week and a half, have not revised yet - I am stupid I know - just going to try my best I guess tomorrow until the exams are finished.

Yes but don't you see, when she got predicted ABC she didn't get any offers. She got the grades after working really hard and then she took a gap year. If you really want it then you will do everything in your reach to make it happen. A year goes by before you know it.

If you're worried about gapping (let's hope you don't have to!) then don't because you can find plenty of things to occupy yourself with (work, hobbies, travel, volunteering, relaxing). And apparently most universities like gap year students (reapplicants) as it shows dedication and determination.

Take it one step at a time and remember everything falls into place in the end.
asdasdas
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 38
I wish. I need ABB. I can get the A & B revising really hard for those subjects If I try. But I do drama/theatre studies which I got a D for AS, its practical and you cannot re-take its basically impossible to get an A. Literally I will need an A this year, Drama sound pipsy, its actually hard, no one gets an A in A2, last year the highest grade was a B. Then you have the exam, my god everyone fails that. What pisses me off even more is that everyone got higher than a C, apart from me. I was playing a hard character guess I ****ed up my life big time now eh? Despite that got an A* In GCSE do not know what went wrong to be honest. :s-smilie:

I know how you feel with practicala because I wasn't allowed to retake my A2 ones for chemistry or biology (in which I got a C and D respectively). I have to work around that and unfortunately you have to now too :frown:

Yes I can imagine theatre studies being hard. It's not about learning a specification - it's sort of do or die on the day.

All I can say is that revise really hard and you stand a good chance. Better than if you don't try. And you sound like someone who will try regardless so be positive and it will be much more enjoyable (or as close as can be!).

Best of luck. Revise properly.
Reply 39
I know how you feel. It's the worst thing that can happen when you don't care anymore because that's 100% of your motivation gone. Lucky for me I lived in London so I used to take the bus to UCL, Imperial, King's etc for motivation. It worked :biggrin: . However I was doing quite well anyway. Now that I'm at university things are closer to your situation. I am struggling really badly, have no friends at university and have generally lost the will to keep battling on. And where's my motivation now? University was supposed to be the best time of my life and past that its''s just a dull job, and I am not massively motivated by money hence why I have lost interest. I am going to leave as soon as I get my January loan installment. I have thought about it and I think it happens because people rush things. I rushed into university just because it was the "thing people my age do" without reflecting on why I was going and what I wanted to attain. You retook your A levels soon after failing the first time so there was no space to reflect on reasons for doing it and motivate yourself to get through it. You're just doing it because "it has to be done" so to speak. I truly believe that if I leave university, take a year or so out to gain a passion for my subject and just focus on achieving my chosen career I will do better. Previously I just ran into university because "everyone was" and I wanted some friends. So if it's possible just leave your studies and come back in the future when you are more ready and motivated rather than just rushing it now.

Quick Reply

Latest