The Student Room Group

Maths AQA C1 revision - 14th January 2013

I have a C1 exam on 14th January. I have been doing a bit of revision everyday of the Christmas holiday. I've been answering questions from my textbook and going over the past papers, and focusing on the bits where I tend to lose marks on.

Is that enough or is there anything more which I should do if want to ensure that I get a comfortable high A for C1?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
how many hours do you do a day in c1
Reply 2
Original post by MissGeek
I have a C1 exam on 14th January. I have been doing a bit of revision everyday of the Christmas holiday. I've been answering questions from my textbook and going over the past papers, and focusing on the bits where I tend to lose marks on.

Is that enough or is there anything more which I should do if want to ensure that I get a comfortable high A for C1?

What do you mean by "going over the past papers" ?
I recommend doing every question on every past paper that you can find and then marking them against the mark scheme. Having a look and picking out things you think you might find hard isn't quite enough to ensure your goal imo. You may for example find you are prone to silly mistakes in certain types of easy questions (with me it's double negatives in algebra) and you'll learn to look out for that in the exam. When you are consistently getting 90+% doing papers in exam timing then you are there.
Reply 3
How many hours of revision is everyone doing?
The only way you can revise for maths is by doing questions really. Won't be surprised if the Monday exam is difficult compared to previous papers. Jan and June 2012 were significantly harder than the others.
At last i have found a thread on this exam!!

As someone has already previously mentioned, the exam may be abit harder than previous past exams. The past papers for 2012 were quite significantly harder... well for me but the other papers i got an A/B. Right now i'm just doing past papers, doing the questions that i found difficult and also doing extra revision on mymaths and exam solution.

good luck for Monday! :smile:
Reply 6
Good luck to everyone!

Just make sure you check your answers, what I've found is that I've got part a) wrong so the questions after that are wrong... So annoying!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by nursy96
Good luck to everyone!

Just make sure you check your answers, what I've found is that I've got part a) wrong so the questions after that are wrong... So annoying!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sameee! :frown: Also I always make silly mistakes and yeah last years papers were much harder D:
Reply 8
can someone help me with this question from jan 2012 4(d) ii - find the area of the shaded region bounded by the curve between A and B and the line segments AO and OB? http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/gce/pdf/AQA-MPC1-QP-JAN12.PDF
Reply 9
Original post by Wizkidani
can someone help me with this question from jan 2012 4(d) ii - find the area of the shaded region bounded by the curve between A and B and the line segments AO and OB? http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/gce/pdf/AQA-MPC1-QP-JAN12.PDF

Just find the integral to 4di and find the integral of the line from (0,0) to (1,4) and subtract the first integral by the second.I wouldn't advise revising very much because I think C1 is very easy but you have to be careful not too make any mistakes though.
(edited 11 years ago)
I've got a feeling it's going to be like the 2010 papers... What do u guys think?
Reply 11
Might be! I hope it's like the June 2011 personally - am I right in saying that:
(90% A*)
80% A
70% B
60% C
50% D
40% E
Anything below U ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Those are the correct grade boundaries but can be changed by the exam board depending on how easy or hard the paper is after we've sat it.

Original post by nursy96
Might be! I hope it's like the June 2011 personally - am I right in saying that:
(90% A*)
80% A
70% B
60% C
50% D
40% E
Anything below U ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
My teacher said this exam is going to be very hard as in the wording but also you get less marks for the easier stuff....
Reply 14
Original post by Dalek1099
Just find the integral to 4di and find the integral of the line from (0,0) to (1,4) and subtract the first integral by the second.I wouldn't advise revising very much because I think C1 is very easy but you have to be careful not too make any mistakes though.

Ahh thanks, I worked it out before and got the right answer :3 Just got confused a little xD
Reply 15
Original post by Joahl123
My teacher said this exam is going to be very hard as in the wording but also you get less marks for the easier stuff....

What do you mean? Surely your teacher would have no idea what is going to be on the paper unless s/he helped to write it!

There's no point in worrying over rumours guys, just do your best!
I know this is a c1 but is there an aqa c2 forum?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Anyone got the MCP1 June 2012 paper and mark scheme? If you could upload it here that would be much appreciated! Thanks.
Original post by resist
Anyone got the MCP1 June 2012 paper and mark scheme? If you could upload it here that would be much appreciated! Thanks.

http://www.dchs-sixthform.org.uk/minisites/DCHS_mathspapers/ASpapers.html

found this link...Good luck!!
Reply 19
Original post by LucyO_103
What do you mean? Surely your teacher would have no idea what is going to be on the paper unless s/he helped to write it!

There's no point in worrying over rumours guys, just do your best!

well basically one of the cheif examiners came in who helps put together the questions, obviously he could not give us any pointers to what will come up but he warned us it will be a tough exam, this is also down to the fact the amount of A's possible has been reduced from 20% of the population to 19% and also less marks are being awarded for the easier questions so yeah don't worry just focus on getting the things you know right and then drop a few marks on the harder question, should be fine tbh everyone is in the same situation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending