The Student Room Group

Deactivated FB and twitter..

Deactivated Facebook and Twitter yesterday..to completely focus on exams. Anyone else done this? Am I mad by doing this? :s-smilie:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by theseeker
Deactivated Facebook and Twitter yesterday..to completely focus on exams. Anyone else done this? Am I mad by doing this? :s-smilie:

OMG
I did that yesterday - but told my mum to change my fb account password ><
I bet she'll go on it now.

But it turns out, Twitter, bothers me the most, and I get really addicted to that ><

What exams do you have? :d
Reply 2
Did this just now, I've been procrastinating for way to long, even if I promised my self to change.. seems I need to force somethings unto myself when I'm thinking rationally :P
Reply 3
Original post by nataliekwong
OMG
I did that yesterday - but told my mum to change my fb account password ><
I bet she'll go on it now.

But it turns out, Twitter, bothers me the most, and I get really addicted to that ><

What exams do you have? :d

Alevel exams...:P yourself?

I got back twitter but kept Facebook deactivated. :colondollar:
Nope, just a good idea to help you stay focused
Reply 5

I dont have twitter, and I've managed to control my use to Facebook :P only in evenings after done a certain amount of work, but as exams approach. Some of my friends have deleted both accounts, which imo is pretty good (Y)
Alevel exams...:P yourself?

I got back twitter but kept Facebook deactivated. :colondollar:

LOL!
I don't have exams until May cos my school doesn't do Jan exams :P
Twitter is more addictive.
Reply 7
I got rid of Facebook a few months ago - not for exams, I just got fed up with it - and also stopped posting on here and other internet forums less than I used to. My social life probably is worse in the sense that I miss out on Facebook only invites, but I'm a hell of a lot more productive, and am more proactive in staying in touch with my actual friends.
Reply 8
It's perfectly sensible. I also temporarily blocked my access to Skype and TSR for the month before my exams. I always think I can manage revision and internet leisure time but I never do. :crast:
Reply 9
I already deactivate my facebook but for some reason.

Hell no. I'd delete my Facebook in an instance if it wasn't for it's few genuinely useful features ('storage' for photos and images on another server, a repository of contact details for people who I may want to get in touch with at some point which is up to date rather than a black book, that's just a steadily accumulating list of old numbers and addresses).

I suppose I could be a bit less lazy and just upload my stuff to my Photobucket, though I'm not sure how I could replace the up to date usefulness of Facebooks networking, but minus the status feeds and relationship statuses and all that other nonsense.
Things like this make me happy that I don't study anymore :colone:
I'm going to deactivate it next week and I'm going to reactivate it in June after my June exams finish :smile: it will be worth it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by ILoveTehran
I'm going to deactivate it next week and I'm going to reactivate it in June after my June exams finish :smile: it will be worth it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Deactivated it already and hopefully come back to it after June!! Just hope I don't get tempted.
Reply 14
Wimp.
Reply 15
Lol I get more distracted by TSR :mmm:
Original post by ranbow99
Lol I get more distracted by TSR :mmm:

:mmm:

TSR, facebook, twitter, texts... So bad.. I live with my phone.
Reply 17
I actually deleted my account and trust me, it really helps. Soon you will just forget about it and find a lot more important things to do with your life :smile:
There's a program called Cold Turkey (for windows) or Self Control (for macs) which you can use to block certain websites for a period of time. It's very very useful :yes:

With Cold Turkey, if you try to delete the program when it's working, it'll automatically block you from those websites for a week I think
Reply 19
How many Twitter followers you got?

Quick Reply

Latest