The Student Room Group

GCSE Edexcel ICT help???

I needed help with my ICT coursework and i was wondering if anyone else was also doing ICT edexcel. The coursework we are doing at the moment is the 'community spirit' one. If there are any tips or anything that would help i would be very thankful.
Thank you!:biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm doing Edexcel but it's about Get Up Get Moving.
Reply 2
Original post by zed963
I'm doing Edexcel but it's about Get Up Get Moving.

Oh for our one we have to plan an event to bring the communities together. :biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by Armani786
Oh for our one we have to plan an event to bring the communities together. :biggrin:

So what do you have to do for it? Do you have to make something?
Reply 4
Original post by zed963
So what do you have to do for it? Do you have to make something?

No but wish we could!
We have to create the companys logo its planning an event like a real even but its not actually going to happen.
It really kind of hard because there are four tasks and there like four big tasks.
What about your one what do you have to do for your one?:tongue:
Reply 5
No but wish we could!
We have to create the companys logo its planning an event like a real even but its not actually going to happen.
It really kind of hard because there are four tasks and there like four big tasks.
What about your one what do you have to do for your one?:tongue:

There's 4 activities, we have to do different stuff on it.

So for the first one we have to make a logo, quiz and stuff and we make databases, spreadsheets, evaluation, sources etc.

Boring stuff that requires a lot of time.
Reply 6
Original post by zed963
There's 4 activities, we have to do different stuff on it.

So for the first one we have to make a logo, quiz and stuff and we make databases, spreadsheets, evaluation, sources etc.

Boring stuff that requires a lot of time.

Yeah it is boring and does take time to do i hate the part were we have to take screenshots like keep a dairy of what we have done and we have to write a whole explanation underneath it if what we have done. Half the time i don't know what to write. lol! What parts do you hate?:biggrin:
Reply 7
Yeah it is boring and does take time to do i hate the part were we have to take screenshots like keep a dairy of what we have done and we have to write a whole explanation underneath it if what we have done. Half the time i don't know what to write. lol! What parts do you hate?:biggrin:

I hate pretty much all of it. It's a waste of time but it was the only 'decent' GCSE out of the other option block so I took it. I hate having to evaluate everything so critically. I just wish there were more exams than coursework. Designing takes time as well, considering my teachers don't know crap, I have to learn everything myself.
Reply 8
Original post by zed963
I hate pretty much all of it. It's a waste of time but it was the only 'decent' GCSE out of the other option block so I took it. I hate having to evaluate everything so critically. I just wish there were more exams than coursework. Designing takes time as well, considering my teachers don't know crap, I have to learn everything myself.

Same here it was the inly decent thing in that option block. Yeah i'd rather do more of exam and like 1 coursework because the theory is easy.
ICT should not be writing things on a computer it would be soooo much better if we got to open up electronics and just look at the bits inside.:tongue:
Reply 9
Same here it was the inly decent thing in that option block. Yeah i'd rather do more of exam and like 1 coursework because the theory is easy.
ICT should not be writing things on a computer it would be soooo much better if we got to open up electronics and just look at the bits inside.:tongue:

You get to look at the electronic and stuff at college I'm afraid. When's your unit 1 exam?
Reply 10
Original post by zed963
You get to look at the electronic and stuff at college I'm afraid. When's your unit 1 exam?

Awwww lol! The exam is in the summer in june. what about yours?:tongue:
Reply 11
Awwww lol! The exam is in the summer in june. what about yours?:tongue:

January. I had a mock in December though, I'm currently waiting for the results.
Reply 12
Original post by zed963
January. I had a mock in December though, I'm currently waiting for the results.

Really oh Good luck on your exam! :biggrin:
We had mocks in December too but for 3 of the subjects. :biggrin:
Reply 13
Really oh Good luck on your exam! :biggrin:
We had mocks in December too but for 3 of the subjects. :biggrin:

Which year are you in?
Reply 14
Original post by zed963
Which year are you in?

10 why which year you in then. Ours started our gcse early we started it in year 9 well our school did they start it early our year was the first ones to start early:biggrin:
Reply 15
10 why which year you in then. Ours started our gcse early we started it in year 9 well our school did they start it early our year was the first ones to start early:biggrin:

11, are you doing the double ICT, where you get two GCSEs?
Reply 16
Original post by zed963
11, are you doing the double ICT, where you get two GCSEs?

Yeah why whats yours single?:biggrin:
Reply 17
Yeah why whats yours single?:biggrin:

Yep. Thank goodness it is.
Reply 18
Original post by zed963
Yep. Thank goodness it is.

LOL! thats good:biggrin:
Reply 19
hey
im doing the community spirit coursework and im in year 11