The Student Room Group

Third Party insurance admitted fault? £3600 personal injury claim.

So I received a letter from my solicitors today stating..

dear xxxx we have received recent correspondence from third party insurers who have put forward a valuation of £3650 in full and final settlement of your claim for personal injury.

In the event that you wished to accept this offer, please find enclosed an authority which we require you to sign and return to our offices.

I'm guessing by the letter, the third party insurance have admitted fault?

Should I accept the first offer, I am looking for another 3,000 if I am honest, the amount of stress and pain I've been through.

I also need a courtesy car, for a week or two. Do you think I will be able to get one now? Accident happened nearly 4 months ago.

many thanks
Reply 1
It would be better to discuss this with your insurance company or a solicitor really. Nobody here knows if £3600 is fair as nobody knows what happened - if you broke a nail then it's great, but if you lost both legs then you should expect more.
Reply 2
Original post by Juno
It would be better to discuss this with your insurance company or a solicitor really. Nobody here knows if £3600 is fair as nobody knows what happened - if you broke a nail then it's great, but if you lost both legs then you should expect more.

Spoke to solicitors, they said that they think the offer is a fantastic one. I think it is. Many don't accept the first offer, but I will. Won't be greedy.
Reply 3
Were you actually injured? You made no mention of it in your original thread http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2142874
Reply 4
Yeah, around 2 weeks later, I had serve pain in my back, legs, and shoulders, constantly getting pins and needles and was hopping.
Reply 5
Can't believe I got negged! Jealously, it's a nasty thing have inside you.
Original post by FXX
Were you actually injured? You made no mention of it in your original thread http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2142874

Original post by TrueUnitedFan
Yeah, around 2 weeks later, I had serve pain in my back, legs, and shoulders, constantly getting pins and needles and was hopping.

Broken Britain.
Reply 7
Original post by Sgt.Incontro
Broken Britain.

you don't even know the meaning of it sunshine.

You don't know me, you haven't seen the stress and the pain I've gone through over the last 4 months. I am scared of driving. This accident has scarred me and I may never drive a car again!
Reply 8
I am scared of driving. This accident has scarred me and I may never drive a car again!

Orly? :confused:

I also need a courtesy car, for a week or two. Do you think I will be able to get one now? Accident happened nearly 4 months ago.

Laying it on a bit thick, dude... :wink:
Original post by JC.
Orly? :confused:

Laying it on a bit thick, dude... :wink:

I was just about to quote the same bits but jc beat me to it :frown:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 10
you don't even know the meaning of it sunshine.

You don't know me, you haven't seen the stress and the pain I've gone through over the last 4 months. I am scared of driving. This accident has scarred me and I may never drive a car again!

You do realise that false/exaggerated injury claims are the reason why insurance premiums keep rising, right?

You should only claim for losses that occur as a direct consequence of those injuries, e.g. loss of earnings.
I recently received a letter from my solicitor stating that I have been offered 18k from the defendant It then goes on to say, one the 25% has been deducted for their fees and the insurance has been paid id be left with net in my pocket 13k. To this I accepted by email. However I have now received another letter saying they had made a mistake and that their costs ( another 10k) is to come out of the 13k as well. This was not included into the first letter of which I accepted. Does anyone know how I would stand in this as I feel I am deserving of the original agreement and that their mistake is their mistake and I should not have to pay for their mistakes. Any advice would be very much appreciated
Reply 12
Original post by Jayke gould
I recently received a letter from my solicitor stating that I have been offered 18k from the defendant It then goes on to say, one the 25% has been deducted for their fees and the insurance has been paid id be left with net in my pocket 13k. To this I accepted by email. However I have now received another letter saying they had made a mistake and that their costs ( another 10k) is to come out of the 13k as well. This was not included into the first letter of which I accepted. Does anyone know how I would stand in this as I feel I am deserving of the original agreement and that their mistake is their mistake and I should not have to pay for their mistakes. Any advice would be very much appreciated

Don't bump dead threads. Speak to a solicitor.

Latest

Trending

Trending