The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Modern Languages Applicants at Durham? :)

I'm just in search of Modern Language Applicants like myself, and I'd like to know...
Which languages?
Offer received?
Preferred college?

And yeah that's pretty much it :smile:
I've applied for French and Spanish, I received a conditional offer late November, and I've applied to Collingwood, because I went to visit it on the open day and thought the atmosphere was wonderful :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jess_pear95
I'm just in search of Modern Language Applicants like myself, and I'd like to know...
Which languages?
Offer received?
Preferred college?
I've applied for French and Spanish, I received a conditional offer late November, and I've applied to Collingwood, because I went to visit it on the open day and thought the atmosphere was wonderful :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied for Combined Honours (Economics and German) at St Cuthbert's and got an offer in October/November (can't remember which :tongue:)
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by The Polymath
I applied for Combined Honours (Economics and German) at St Cuthbert's and got an offer in October/November (can't remember which :tongue:)

Ohh nice! :smile: is Durham your top choice, or not? And where else have you applied? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ohh nice! :smile: is Durham your top choice, or not? And where else have you applied? :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile

No, it's my third :tongue: Cambridge decisions are out in 24 hours, and UCL I got an offer.
Reply 4
Original post by The Polymath
No, it's my third :tongue: Cambridge decisions are out in 24 hours, and UCL I got an offer.

24 hours?! Wow, good luck! :') I don't hear back from Oxford for another week or so :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
24 hours?! Wow, good luck! :') I don't hear back from Oxford for another week or so :frown:
Posted from TSR Mobile

To be honest it's less than that. I could have a letter on my doormat in fifteen hours :tongue:
Reply 6
Which languages?
Offer received?
Preferred college?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've applied for French and Spanish too, but haven't heard anything yet.
I picked Josephine Butler College, only because it was the only en-suite, self-catered one :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by ldnlove
I've applied for French and Spanish too, but haven't heard anything yet.
I picked Josephine Butler College, only because it was the only en-suite, self-catered one :smile:

Oh, that's cool! I didn't go to see Josephine Butler, is it one of the Bailey colleges?
And is Durham your first choice? If not, where is? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've applied for Modern Languages and Grey college. Still waiting to hwar back. S'not my first choice, but it would be nice to have a set of 5!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 9
Original post by L'onclesoul
I've applied for Modern Languages and Grey college. Still waiting to hwar back. S'not my first choice, but it would be nice to have a set of 5!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Hahaa samee still waiting to hear back! Applied to st mary's. I think I prefer bristol in terms of the course and It's only AAB...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
can someone remind me if you had to specify which languages you wanted to do on ucas? I seem to remember just choosing 'modern languages' rather than actually confirming my specific choices.

I'm hoping(!) to do french and spanish at st cuthberts, but haven't heard yet.
I've applied for Spanish and Italian at Josephine Butler :smile:
Reply 12
I've applied for French and Spanish at Butler! God I love it there. First choice too, and last uni to hear from. It's practically torture haha!
Reply 13
Original post by largehound
can someone remind me if you had to specify which languages you wanted to do on ucas? I seem to remember just choosing 'modern languages' rather than actually confirming my specific choices.

You did have to specify under extra information, although I nearly missed it! I hope you didn't..
Original post by Bellarrr
You did have to specify under extra information, although I nearly missed it! I hope you didn't..

Oh crap, I missed this :L
Original post by jamontoast22
Oh crap, I missed this :L

I missed it too! Applying for French at St John's. Hopefully, they'll just email if there's a problem... :smile:
Original post by LoopyLinguist
I missed it too! Applying for French at St John's. Hopefully, they'll just email if there's a problem... :smile:

Yeah hopefully :smile:
Reply 17
Oh, that's cool! I didn't go to see Josephine Butler, is it one of the Bailey colleges?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah Durham's my first choice :smile: I don't think it's a Bailey college because it's one of the newer ones, but I'm not sure :/

Original post by ldnlove
Yeah Durham's my first choice :smile: I don't think it's a Bailey college because it's one of the newer ones, but I'm not sure :/

Butler's the newest Hill college.

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Josephine+Butler+college&hl=en&ll=54.767919,-1.571903&spn=0.028966,0.077162&safe=off&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=Josephine+Butler+college&hnear=Josephine+Butler+college&cid=0,0,4763159213773746472&t=h&z=14
Reply 19
Original post by LoopyLinguist

Me too! :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest