The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hal.E.Lujah
:spider: RAWR!

Not me, had two pet tarantulas when I was younger.

I'm sure Ranbow is dying to see some pictures of them :lol:
^ negged :nopity:
Original post by RainbowWithAnI
^^what I've said is no-where near as adult as a lot of others I could mention :rolleyes:
^sorry bee I can't tell you which one cause it's an "adult" type post and Simran will come get me if I disclose it to the "kids" on this thread.
Know this, I posted straight after it

You mean the cucumber/penetration thing :mmm: I saw your post :h:
I'm sure Ranbow is dying to see some pictures of them :lol:

Well one was a Meheecan Red Knee:

red_knee_tarantula.jpg

I'll randomly post the other to surprise her :ninja2:
Original post by The Epicurean
^has got backup :cool:

If however you had a Lion king avy, you would get infinite praise from me :yep:

You need to be a sub to have an animated/moving avy :yep:

LoL.

What's a sub (is it different from a mod?). I have a lot to learn :rolleyes:
Original post by Hal.E.Lujah
Well one was a Meheecan Red Knee:

red_knee_tarantula.jpg

I'll randomly post the other to surprise her :ninja2:

this extract sums up how irrational fears of big spiders is: "For some reason tarantula’s reputation isn’t that good. Maybe because they are big. Maybe because they are hairy. Maybe because they are poisonous. Well, yes, they are big, and hairy. They do have poison, but it can’t kill a person unless you’re allergic to it. For most people, tarantula bites are no worse than a bee sting."

If I was to get a pet I think it would either be a spider or a bird
Original post by CasualSoul
LoL.

What's a sub (is it different from a mod?). I have a lot to learn :rolleyes:

It's people who are too important to be riff raff, but too cool to be mods :cool:

Like me :u:.

No that's a lie. It's people who actually spend MONEY on TSR. Fortunately I haven't paid for Sub yet, but still... I probably will one day.

I want a bird. A really annoying talkative one :awesome:
(edited 11 years ago)
annoying to you or annoying to everyone else that meets it? :mmm:
Original post by CasualSoul
Why not:frown:? lol I suppose it could be hard if you're trying to lead but no one is listening to you/ acknowledges your leadership

Probably that :sadnod: people wouldn't take me seriously :emo:
this extract sums up how irrational fears of big spiders is: "For some reason tarantula’s reputation isn’t that good. Maybe because they are big. Maybe because they are hairy. Maybe because they are poisonous. Well, yes, they are big, and hairy. They do have poison, but it can’t kill a person unless you’re allergic to it. For most people, tarantula bites are no worse than a bee sting."

Right, because that explains people's fear of all the poisonous spiders in Australia that kill people. Why don't you just accept that people are scared of different things. I don't make fun and question people who are scared of flying, even though there is more of a chance of a crash in a car, but I just accept that they're scared of flying. :colonhash:
Original post by ranbow99
Right, because that explains people's fear of all the poisonous spiders in Australia that kill people. Why don't you just accept that people are scared of different things. I don't make fun and question people who are scared of flying, even though there is more of a chance of a crash in a car, but I just accept that they're scared of flying. :colonhash:

fine, just seems weird to me, tis all. To my knowledge I'm not afraid of anything like that but there we are.

I shall stop talking about this for you then
fine, just seems weird to me, tis all. To my knowledge I'm not afraid of anything like that but there we are.

I'm scared of tarantulas because... Of their speed and the way they move.. Freaks me out :lol:
^is having a characteristic CG hissy fit :teehee:

i was not having a hissy fit
Original post by L'Evil Fish

x

so your not going to let me kick butts :cry2: fine
Original post by Converse girl
i was not having a hissy fit

oh really? well how would you describe it then? :tongue:

Well seeing as it's one of the most common phobias, I don't think it should seem weird.

I never said stop talking about it, I just was voicing my opinion
I'm not scared of anything :smug:
^I bet I could find something you were afraid of :sexface: :innocent:
Original post by ranbow99
Well seeing as it's one of the most common phobias, I don't think it should seem weird.

I never said stop talking about it, I just was voicing my opinion

ok so what about it is it that you're afraid of, the chance of it biting you or just the way it looks?
ok so what about it is it that you're afraid of, the chance of it biting you or just the way it looks?

Everything, but I haven't been to Australia or any place that has poisonous spiders yet so i'm not afraid of them biting me.

But lets just put it this way, if I see a big spider and i'm on my own, I nearly start to cry and have to move rooms. I've had to sleep in other rooms before because there is a spider in my own room
^I bet I could find something you were afraid of :sexface: :innocent:
How? :confused:

Latest