The Student Room Group

It appears girls are more needy than guys

Apparantly its supposed to be harder for guys to get in relationships/get girls than it is for girls to get guys... there has always been the stereotype that guys are more desperate at least thats what ive gathered from life.

Anyway what I often see suggests the opposite. When i go into pubs/clubs I often see girls often with large breasts flirting with guys who are not interested. They sit next to them and never stop talking and the guys tend to just sit there and be laid back before rolling their eyes and avoiding her. Maybe guys hide their feels of attraction more and just appear more laid back I dont know. I ust wondered what do you think of this? Do you tend to see what i see or what?
I think it's all to do with age and maturity.

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's very stereotypical to suggest that girls are more 'needy' than guys, based on what you've seen in a few pubs...:colonhash:
Reply 3
Original post by civilstudent
Apparantly its supposed to be harder for guys to get in relationships/get girls than it is for girls to get guys... there has always been the stereotype that guys are more desperate at least thats what ive gathered from life.

Anyway what I often see suggests the opposite. When i go into pubs/clubs I often see girls often with large breasts flirting with guys who are not interested. They sit next to them and never stop talking and the guys tend to just sit there and be laid back before rolling their eyes and avoiding her. Maybe guys hide their feels of attraction more and just appear more laid back I dont know. I ust wondered what do you think of this? Do you tend to see what i see or what?

What planet are you from?
Reply 4
Don't take the behavior you see on the internet as the same in real life.
Reply 5
I've never in my entire life got the impression that guys are more desperate for a relationship than women. :confused:

and this:

Don't take the behavior you see on the internet as the same in real life.
Reply 6
Original post by Michaelj
I've never in my entire life got the impression that guys are more desperate for a relationship than women.

Exactly. It's not a gender thing.
Reply 7
i dont really understand where the statement is coming from, you cant make a statement on every female from what youve seen from a few.
i dont consider myself as needy but i like to talk to people, i like to have banter and i like to get to know them
most of the time lads are like this too..so why is it only girls who get labelled 'needy' ?
Reply 8
Original post by lkarai
i dont really understand where the statement is coming from, you cant make a statement on every female from what youve seen from a few.
i dont consider myself as needy but i like to talk to people, i like to have banter and i like to get to know them
most of the time lads are like this too..so why is it only girls who get labelled 'needy' ?

Im not making a statement on every female. Just which gender tends to be. Its what ive seen in pubs and other settings. Guys have tended to be more laid back around girls and just smile awkwardly whereas girls seem to chat loads to guys, initiate hugs etc. Yet there is a stereotype that guys tend to be the desperate ones.

Its not only girls who are labelled needy. Im saying ive seen more needy girls than needy guys .
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by proud nd luvin it
That's very stereotypical to suggest that girls are more 'needy' than guys, based on what you've seen in a few pubs...:colonhash:

Yea there are lots of stereotypes about, thats why im asking what have you lot observed would you say its nothing to do with gender or would you say that one sex tends to be more 'desperate' than the other?
Reply 10
Original post by civilstudent
Im not making a statement on every female. Just which gender tends to be. Its what ive seen in pubs and other settings. Guys have tended to be more laid back around girls and just smile awkwardly whereas girls seem to chat loads to guys, initiate hugs etc. Yet there is a stereotype that guys tend to be the desperate ones.

Its not only girls who are labelled needy. Im saying ive seen more needy girls than needy guys .

im chatty and i like hugs, does that make me needy?
..hmm maybe not.
Original post by lkarai
im chatty and i like hugs, does that make me needy?
..hmm maybe not.

ok

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending