The Student Room Group

Why does business studies appear to be harder?

From this why is business studies so hard to do well in compared to other subjects, would this mean I am better off taking further mathematics?
Reply 1
Maybe because those stats are probably based on what people get in the subjects and the majority of people taking F. Maths will be a lot more serious and hardworking about taking the subject compared to the people taking business studies. I did business studies AS in year 10, along with about 15 other people, and we did better than most of the lower 6th taking the same exams.
Original post by jack0213123
From this why is business studies so hard to do well in compared to other subjects, would this mean I am better off taking further mathematics?

No, it's because of the students who take the subject. The only people who take FM are those who are really good at Maths, whereas loads of people take Business Studies, generally only those who didn't want to take Economics.
Reply 3
I so agree with you on that!
Reply 4
I got 4 days to revise for business and 10 days to revise for economics. its AS unit 1 for both.

Can I do it? Im prepared to start NOW.
Reply 5
Original post by Shadow-X
I got 4 days to revise for business and 10 days to revise for economics. its AS unit 1 for both.

Can I do it? Im prepared to start NOW.

What exam board, private message me if you want as I might be able to help out if its AQA?
Reply 6
Ooh, good luck with A2 then, cos you'll have 40 mark questions to answer! Haha sorry :console:
Reply 7
What exam board, private message me if you want as I might be able to help out if its AQA?

edexcel, thanks for the help anyway.
Reply 8
edexcel, thanks for the help anyway.

I know a bit about edexcel, what's your situation like do you need to learn from scratch or do you get a bit of it, what are your textbooks?
Reply 9
Did you revise much, what textbook? Is A2 hard by the way in relation to your other subjects?
Reply 10
Original post by aaliyah<31D
are you doing unit 1 investigating people at work- edexcel?

im doing business - developing new business ideas

and economics - competittive markets.
im doing business - developing new business ideas

and economics - competittive markets.

ahh ashame :frown:, but i'm doing applied business and i have the exam on the 9th. tbh i have not really revised as good as i should. totally ganna fail

but good luck with your exams. :smile:
Reply 12
Oh, okay - don't you have to answer 40 mark questions then...? I just assumed you were taking AS when you said you found the 18 markers hard, sorry :tongue:

Good luck with the re-take!
Reply 13
Yeah there are 40 markers in unit 4. Good luck, BUSS4 is an absolute ***** :sad:
Reply 14
Is anyone taking aqa buss 2 or aqa buss 3? If so, is the specification the same as last year or has anything changed on the paper?
Reply 15
agreed i find business the hardest and maths the easiest
Reply 16

I need help!! :confused::confused:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending