The Student Room Group

Have you ever escaped the friendzone?

What situation were you placed in, and how did you get out (if you did)?

Scroll to see replies

Yup, and all I needed was a bottle of chloroform and a couple of ropes....
Reply 2
Nobody escapes the friend zone.
Some people have. I like to sing this when someone's romance doesn't go as intended:

'HIIIIIIIIIIIIGHWAAAAAAAAAAAAY TOOOOOOOO THAAAAAAAA ... FRIEND ZONE!'

Spoiler

Reply 5
I last escaped the friendzone during a time in between dinner time and breakfast
Reply 6
Yes, the woman I am seeing now was never interested in me... the more she knew me though (and a me I rarely show to others), she changed her mind... even more so after a drunken night out :h:

To be honest though I feel I friend zone many of the women I know rather than them doing it to me.
1356574835093.jpg
Reply 8
Nope, you're in there for life. There are only three things that can happen once you're in the friendzone

1) You accept the friendzone, move on, and no longer attempt to get anywhere romantically (either not seeing her again, or seeing her as a genuine friend)
2) You continue to spend time with her, allowing yourself to slide further into the pit that is the friendzone, until you can't take it anymore and you end up severely heartbroken after telling her how you feel
3) She eventually gets together with you out of pity or desperation and it falls apart incredibly quickly because it's built on no foundations

If you think you might have been friendzoned then you probably have. Best bet is to aim for option 1.
Reply 9
friend-zone-escapee.png
Reply 10
Original post by lukas1051
Nope, you're in there for life. There are only three things that can happen once you're in the friendzone

1) You accept the friendzone, move on, and no longer attempt to get anywhere romantically (either not seeing her again, or seeing her as a genuine friend)
2) You continue to spend time with her, allowing yourself to slide further into the pit that is the friendzone, until you can't take it anymore and you end up severely heartbroken after telling her how you feel
3) She eventually gets together with you out of pity or desperation and it falls apart incredibly quickly because it's built on no foundations

If you think you might have been friendzoned then you probably have. Best bet is to aim for option 1.

haha that happened to me recently and i'm experienced with girls!

But yea, option 1 was the best choice. Option 2 is just unfeasible and the sooner you bang it on the head, the better
My ex tried to accuse me of "friendzoning" him when I decided I'd had enough of him cheating on me for 6 months and got myself a new man. Oh the irony.

However, his way of apparently 'getting out of it' and I know other (more decent) guys who have done the same is to not give the girl the attention she's after. Okay, so there's no need to be unkind, but when she calls you up and you think the intention is deliberately 'more than friendly' or she's trying to offload her problems onto you just be polite but blunt and either make your excuse to end the conversation or tell her simply that these are not the sort of conversations she should be having with a guy who will only ever be her friend. Honesty or backing out of this sort of situation are the only ways out.

I have to admit that as a girl (even after being in a happy 3 year relationship!) we women do like to feel well looked after and listened to :') However, if she knows how you feel and still carries on deliberately, fess up to how you feel and don't worry about offending her - she knows exactly what she's doing.

Best of luck x
My boyfriend escaped the friendzone with me. :dontknow:
Reply 13
Been stuck in it for a large part of my life tbh. :nothing:
I really don't get this "friend zone" thing.

I knew my first boyfriend for months before anything happened, although we had flirted since the beginning.
My second boyfriend I knew for years before anything happened, without absolutely zero interest in him (barely even as a friend)
my current boyfriend was a good friend for a couple of years before we got together. Out of the blue it just happened.
there's also another friend who nothing happened with for years, then one morning after everyone had crashed at my place we ended up naked together. we hooked up a few more times and now everything is back to a normal friendship.

relationships of all kinds are constantly changing. It's not like you get to a point where it's all just set in stone and will be that way until the end of time.
Reply 15
I believe so.
Reply 16
Yes. Was it worth all the hassle and effort it took? Well the sex was...didn't work out in the end though.
Reply 17
Original post by death.drop

relationships of all kinds are constantly changing. It's not like you get to a point where it's all just set in stone and will be that way until the end of time.

I agree with you,plus it makes me feel a little more hopeful.
Original post by death.drop
I really don't get this "friend zone" thing.

I knew my first boyfriend for months before anything happened, although we had flirted since the beginning.
My second boyfriend I knew for years before anything happened, without absolutely zero interest in him (barely even as a friend)
my current boyfriend was a good friend for a couple of years before we got together. Out of the blue it just happened.
there's also another friend who nothing happened with for years, then one morning after everyone had crashed at my place we ended up naked together. we hooked up a few more times and now everything is back to a normal friendship.

That's because there's a difference between being a friend and being 'friendzoned'. It's a very specific situation that many guys understand, but most women do not (because the particular situation rarely happens the other way round). I have plenty of female friends, but that doesn't mean I'm in 'the friendzone'.
Reply 19
Original post by lukas1051
It's a very specific situation that many guys understand, but most women do not (because the particular situation rarely happens the other way round).

Why do you think this is - that women are not often friendzoned?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending