The Student Room Group

Feel like I'll be single forever!

I have been single for about 2 and a half years now and generally feel very lonely, relationship wise, as of late. There have been a couple of guys that I liked but it never seems to go anywhere, not through not trying on my part (I don't think!)

I don't feel like I'll ever meet anyone who wants to be with me? :frown::redface: Anyone else feel/felt like this?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by daisy89
I have been single for about 2 and a half years now and generally feel very lonely, relationship wise, as of late. There have been a couple of guys that I liked but it never seems to go anywhere, not through not trying on my part (I don't think!)

I don't feel like I'll ever meet anyone who wants to be with me? :frown::redface: Anyone else feel/felt like this?

This is exactly how I feel but I guess things change when you least expect them to, there's nothing we can do to speed up fate :P It's just a case of focussing on other important things and letting that happen when the time is right. It's very, VERY frustrating though, I know how you feel.
Reply 2
Original post by daisy89

:frown: sorry to hear that, but look at it from this angle, why does it matter :smile: if you are alone your free to do basically whatever :smile: you don't need a relationship.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
I know how you feel :frown: we can't lose hope though :smile: there must be someone out there
Felt like this for nearly 19 years :tongue:

I sort of wish I knew what I was doing wrong; people have liked me before but I haven't felt romantically to them/ it just didn't work out...
There's only been two times when the attraction was mutal and both I seem to mess it up somehow.

Am I not trying hard enough? Am I unnattractive? Is it a personality thing? Have I got too high standards?

I have no idea, I've come to the conclusion is best to not look for it, but then not be too blind to recognise it when it does come around.
Reply 5
Original post by jreid1994
:frown: sorry to hear that, but look at it from this angle, why does it matter :smile: if you are alone your free to do basically whatever :smile: you don't need a relationship.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I suppose it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, it'd just be nice to have someone! :smile:

Thank you for your replies, nice (in a way!) to know I'm not the only one :redface:
Original post by daisy89

Yeah, you're not alone :smile: . I know many people who 'always have a partner' and always seem to find a new partner almost immediately, basically because they go in for the next person that gives them attention... which to me is kind of like 'settling for the next thing to come along'. In my opinion, I'd rather be on my own for a while then settle for the next best thing.
Yep. I have begun making strange bargains with deities if I can only not be stuck with unrequited love this time (in either direction). It would be quite nice. :lol: I think it's because I talk too much. Plus there's a lot of prettier girls.
Reply 8
Original post by ssupernova
Yeah, you're not alone :smile: . I know many people who 'always have a partner' and always seem to find a new partner almost immediately, basically because they go in for the next person that gives them attention... which to me is kind of like 'settling for the next thing to come along'. In my opinion, I'd rather be on my own for a while then settle for the next best thing.

Yeah, I don't suppose that helps... all my friends seem to always be in a relationship and I'm just left on my single todd! Looks like there will be a long old wait for me...
Original post by daisy89

I feel your pain:/
Reply 10
Original post by aspirinpharmacist
Yep. I have begun making strange bargains with deities if I can only not be stuck with unrequited love this time (in either direction). It would be quite nice. :lol: I think it's because I talk too much. Plus there's a lot of prettier girls.

I need to start making these bargains! :tongue:
Reply 11
Original post by daisy89

I know the feeling.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know what you mean :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by daisy89
I need to start making these bargains! :tongue:

It had better work, I gave up daydreaming for this! Well, not all daydreams, just daydreaming about any relationships, so much mental friendzoning. :tongue: We'll see when I get back to uni. Watch this space :lol:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 14
its horrible to feel like this, trust me i know that it is difficult.
but youre in no rush to find someone :smile: enjoy the single time you have and the right fella will come soon :smile:
Original post by daisy89
I suppose it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, it'd just be nice to have someone! :smile:

Thank you for your replies, nice (in a way!) to know I'm not the only one :redface:

If you remember that the only person who can truly love you is yourself, by that though I don't mean be in love with yourself. Your going to be a lot happier. :smile: and in the grand scheme of things, it don't matter at all. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
OP any girl who is single for a number of years is either too picky or too shallow. So yeah stop being those things.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 17
I know how you feel. It's sad to know that there are many alone people of opposite sex and still we're single
I'm in love and I'm too nervous to say anything, and that's always fun. Oh no, wait, I mean it sucks. Fun is that other thing.
Reply 19
Original post by MancBoy
OP any girl who is single for a number of years is either too picky or too shallow. So yeah stop being those things.

This makes me angry. I've been single for a few years to be fair at first it was because I wanted to be single, but after that it's been down to a mixture of lack of opportunity to meet anyone, bad luck on the rare occasions I did meet anyone who I'd have potential with (none of these guys were millionaire male models either before you excuse me of being too picky :rolleyes:) and having my confidence ruined and/or being put off because of the bad luck I had. Being naturally introverted probably hasnt helped me either.

Contray to popular belief women cant just conjour up a boyfriend or automatically get any man they want, they have the same difficulties getting into relationships that men have. In my experience a lot of guys in their 20s seem to be after hook ups rather than relationships, it could be argued that this makes it more difficult for women the same age to get into a relationship. Also what about girls and women who choose to be single?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending