Scroll to see replies

Subject: Phys. NatSci
Colleg: King's
Outcome:Offer
Conditions: Unconditional
How did you hear? Letter
How do you feel? So pleased.
Reply 181
Just a thought... I'm all impatient about getting my letter. But I don't I can actually bare opening it when it does get here:frown:
Congratulations to everyone with offers/pool so far :smile: And really hard luck to all those who haven't :/

My friend who's been pooled found this useful, so I thought I'd share it with you:
http://www.study.cam.ac.uk/undergraduate/publications/docs/winterpool_2013.pdf
Just got a few statistics at the bottom that you can use to your own ends (try not to over obsess!) :smile:

:smile:
Reply 183
Original post by Guanpeng Lv
They don't even reply my email. But I am pretty sure they are still alive because the their Facebook page is still updating about some new year resolutions. :smile:

Same here, sent two emails weeks ago, but still no reply. I guess we are in for a long wait :hide:
Original post by Sketch
No :frown: Completely sunk! Ah well, Imperial it is!

Ah I'm very sorry to hear that. :frown: Imperial is a wonderful place though! :smile:
Reply 185
Original post by chignesh10
Imperial is as good as Cambridge

In fact, I've heard that teaching staff at Imperial is better than that at Cambridge in some ways. Keep your head up @sketch! My best guess is that I'm going to be in the same boat as you..
Reply 186
Original post by Glockron
Do all decisions come out today? Or are they posting them over a period of time - of which today is the first day?

I've heard nothing from Clare so far. I'm an international, yet still no email.

What order do they do these in? Hopefully not by outcome :P

I've heard nothing either, no letter no email and i'm domestic.

What have you applied for?
Reply 187
Original post by When you see it...
I wasn't even pooled (Churchill) for Natural Sciences physical.
but my UMS was well above the thing.

That's odd...

What was your UMS for Maths/FM (averaged), Phys, Chem?

Did you offer FM or only Maths?
Reply 188
Original post by Oromis263
Unconditional.

Current emotions:

A million times YAAYAYAYAYAYYY :banana::beer:

:biggrin:
Original post by ErrinR
Offer for Bio NatSci at Pembroke!!!!! Soooo surprised!!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Congratulations! The first of my fellow successful Pembroke BioNatScis! :smile: Will be seeing you in October :cool:
Reply 190
Original post by conorm11
I've heard nothing either, no letter no email and i'm domestic.

What have you applied for?

Ah - so it's not just me :smile: I've applied for Comp. Sci. What about you?
Unconditional Offer for PBS at Corpus :biggrin: ahhhhhhhhhh :biggrin:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 192
Unconditional offer from fitz !
Reply 193
Original post by Glockron
Ah - so it's not just me :smile: I've applied for Comp. Sci. What about you?

I'm Philosophy.

I'm scratching my head as to why there was no post, but an email could happen at any time today.
As someone who went from being out right rejected post-interview as one of the poorest candidates to Trinity Hall to getting accepted second time round, I'm happy to offer some advice and answer questions should people have any regarding gap years. It is not something you should undertake lightly, opening that letter today was all the more difficult because of the risk I had made.
Original post by Stray
Ah, yes, it will be the fact that your brain has had more time to develop executive functioning. They talk about the impact of 'maturity' on STEP performance in a couple of the examiner's reports, where they warn about the perils of sitting STEP I in Year 12.

(Sorry non gappers, but your brain ain't done baking until you're at least mid 20s).

I will be 20 when I finish my degree...maybe I should defer a couple of years? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 196
any internationals who were interviewed in their country and have received an email yet?

and someone wake up sidney
Original post by Silverland
Not all the witty thread titles in the world can abate a storm when it chooses to rain.
I talk of ambition as a scholar's parrot may talk Greek, having learnt it but not truly understanding the conditioning it has had; Blind to the words and letters that form from as clouded clues its mouth.

It seems the river of life for me flows in another direction. A far more hazy one with many more an obstacle.
I like to think I was able to make this thread and leave an impression on it, as I need not come back to it any longer.

It has been an enjoyable journey, but the bitter taste is less as much bitter than burned. Having been rejected previously, I thought this would hurt the less, but in hindsight I realise that was rather foolish of me. The first cut is the deepest, but the second hurts more as it is acting on a wound itself.

Best of luck all who will be at Cam. You are the true, true winners.

:'( I really wanted you to get an offer after everything. Don't be too upset about it, I'm sure you'll still go on to achieve great things at another top university :smile:
Good luck to everyone who hasn't heard back yet, and congratulations/commiserations (Both if you have an S,S offer) to everyone who has. :smile:
pooled by Homerton :s

Latest