The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Original post by conorm11
I'm Philosophy.

I'm scratching my head as to why there was no post, but an email could happen at any time today.

My aunt says it could be anytime in the next week. I have a hard time believing that since they've pretty much already made their decisions for everyone. Waiting doesn't make sense.

Hopefully my email'll come today :smile: As for your post, you may have to wait till Monday. Oh well :/ Philosophy sounds interesting though :smile:
Reply 201
Subject: Music
Colleg: King's
Outcome:Offer
Conditions: Unconditional
How did you hear? Letter
How do you feel? Bring it.
Original post by Kalliope
Will you request feedback soon?

I thought you have to be rejected first?
Reply 203
Original post by ErrinR
Offer for Bio NatSci at Pembroke!!!!! Soooo surprised!!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Well done!! :party:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 204
Original post by apj
any internationals who were interviewed in their country and have received an email yet?

and someone wake up sidney

Yes. Rejection.
Reply 205
Original post by Glockron
My aunt says it could be anytime in the next week. I have a hard time believing that since they've pretty much already made their decisions for everyone. Waiting doesn't make sense.

Hopefully my email'll come today :smile: As for your post, you may have to wait till Monday. Oh well :/ Philosophy sounds interesting though :smile:

People do have decisions from Clare which is the wierd thing.

But hey, what can we do!

And yeah, it is :biggrin: Good luck :smile:
Reply 206
Does anyone know of Queens' will be sending out E-mails at all or do we need ro request them explicitly (overseas application, mailing address within EU).
From the people I know who have applied post A-level on here, a fair amount, if not all, seem to have got offers. I would be lying if I said I expected that, I'd been lead to believe gap years were still quite frowned upon in certain situations, and in fact made things slightly tougher.
Reply 208
Original post by Jackkkkk
Unconditional Offer for PBS at Corpus :biggrin: ahhhhhhhhhh :biggrin:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Jack, you crazy Corpuscle!!!! well done!! :biggrin:
Reply 209
Original post by Oromis263
From the people I know who have applied post A-level on here, a fair amount, if not all, seem to have got offers. I would be lying if I said I expected that, I'd been lead to believe gap years were still quite frowned upon in certain situations, and in fact made things slightly tougher.

I was told by multiple tutors at Cambridge that gap years were frowned upon, and definitely not recommended :confused:
Reply 210
Postman has been, but no letter... Thanks Royal Mail, thank you very much.
Anyone know if track updates today?
Reply 211
Subject: Chemical Engineering via Engineering
Colleg: Siddney Sussex
Outcome:Offer
Conditions: A*AA where the A* is in Maths or Physics, plus an A in AS Further Maths.
How did you hear? Letter
How do you feel? Over the moon :biggrin:
Reply 212

My interviewer said that what I do in my gap year could make up for my comparatively low grades. I guess it depends on the subject, in Engineering gap years seem to be quite welcome while in Math for example a gap year seems more countraproductive and from what I've seen is discouraged.
Just got an offer for HSPS at St Catz!
Reply 214
Original post by jamzzster
I was told by multiple tutors at Cambridge that gap years were frowned upon, and definitely not recommended :confused:

it depends on the subject. im on a gap year and got in !
Reply 215
Original post by Bord3r

I can't speak definitively but my college (Caius) has put a message on their Facebook page saying Track will update after pool decisions are finalised which will be a while (about a week maybe).
Original post by wrexhamfc
Are you going to email them about it?

Original post by Stray
That's odd...

What was your UMS for Maths/FM (averaged), Phys, Chem?

Did you offer FM or only Maths?

Well, I say it was way above he threshold... it was about 93+ whichever way you do it. None of my subects were less than 91%.
Not too fussed about the rejection though tbh, my interviews went bad and I didn't expect to get in but the outright rejection surprised me a bit.
Reply 217

Defo helps if you're taking extra qualifications / making some effort in self development. Also depends on subject, I get the impression the more competitive subjects (NatSci Maths etc) don't like it too much whereas arts subjects couldn't care less, and in the case of MML if it's abroad go for it!
As a point of interest this is my first time round applying, last year I was just going to do straight music performance at conservatoire and then i got all freaked out and couldn't decide... glad i took the time to breathe!
Reply 218
Original post by Bord3r

Updates in a few days apparently
Original post by When you see it...
I wasn't even pooled (Churchill) for Natural Sciences physical.
but my UMS was well above the thing.

I'm new to this, but I applied for natural science biological not even pooled either, trying to work out whether or not withdrawing application for cambridge on ucas is pathetic or not ahha :colondollar:

Latest

Trending

Trending