Feel like I'll be single forever!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
OMG 2 1/2 years!?!?!?! you poor thing :frown:

:rolleyes:
same il be alone forever i think
Original post by The_Super_Nerd(:
Am I unnattractive?

Probably this. Attractive girls don't stay alone for long, no matter how weird they are.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm in love and I'm too nervous to say anything, and that's always fun. Oh no, wait, I mean it sucks. Fun is that other thing.

For gods sake summon up all the courgage you can and do say something - ive not said something so many times and bitterly regret it.
Original post by TitanicTeutonicPhil
Probably this. Attractive girls don't stay alone for long, no matter how weird they are.

That's not true because I'm single- even though I do get asked out a lot. I've decided to stay single and concentrate on my career- since boys like to mess about especially guys my age.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
I used to be single.... But then I took an arrow to the knee
Have you considered that you're trying too hard to get a relationship? Maybe you're coming across as clingy or desperate by trying to hold onto any opportunity that comes you way.

If it helps, I have been single for 19 years!
Reply 27
Hi,
I can understand,but m in relationship ,but will tell you dear being single is nice dear........
Think in this way,its late but its going to be nice person for whom u r waiting and will come into your life......
Now just enjoy freedom,enjoy with friends......
Focus on your career
Reply 28
Chin up, i'm 28 and didnt have a serious relationship til I was 26 and I was also wondering what was wrong with me but now I'm with a beautiful girl completely over achieving :smile: and were talking of moving in with each other so you have lots of time on your hands :smile:
Reply 29
Original post by aspirinpharmacist
Yep. I have begun making strange bargains with deities if I can only not be stuck with unrequited love this time (in either direction). It would be quite nice. :lol: I think it's because I talk too much. Plus there's a lot of prettier girls.

THIS
Original post by daisy89
I have been single for about 2 and a half years now and generally feel very lonely, relationship wise, as of late. There have been a couple of guys that I liked but it never seems to go anywhere, not through not trying on my part (I don't think!)

I don't feel like I'll ever meet anyone who wants to be with me? :frown::redface: Anyone else feel/felt like this?

I've always been single. The closest I got to not being single was this girl I went on a few dates with over the summer but we were going to different unis so it didn't work out. I used to get really angsty about it--there are girls who've liked me who I haven't liked at all, and pretty much every girl I've liked either hasn't liked me back or stopped feeling that way after I failed to act.

What I've realised (or what I tell myself to stop feeling terrible, your call!) is that I really don't need the validation of someone else to be a cool and interesting person. In my experience people simply want whatever they don't have. That's why people in relationships cheat, and why single people who would be free to have the kind of uninhibited fling that the person in the relationship yearns for are themselves sometimes so desperate to find someone to be in a serious relationship with. Just be happy with who and where you are, do things you love doing, and only good things will happen.
Reply 31
Original post by daisy89
I have been single for about 2 and a half years now and generally feel very lonely, relationship wise, as of late. There have been a couple of guys that I liked but it never seems to go anywhere, not through not trying on my part (I don't think!)

I don't feel like I'll ever meet anyone who wants to be with me? :frown::redface: Anyone else feel/felt like this?

I honestly think the key to all of this is to learn how to be happy and content by yourself. Partly because that's the only way you stand a chance of behaving like a rational human being and have the best chance of developing a healthy relationship with someone. And partly because you'll just be so much more attractive than someone who is a bundle of insecurities.

I also find that it is only when I'm truly happy being by myself do I end up having relationships progress beyond a couple of dates...sod's law.
Reply 32
I have been single for 16 months. Sometimes I feel like this. But lately I've realised that any bad feeling I get is more due to other events in my life and not for being single. In my opinion, it's a lot easier being single when you've never been in a relationship than when you have done. I don't get as infatuated as I used to but when I do I remind myself how much of that is projection and as good a guy as they seem to be, my impression of them is not based on full knowledge about them.

I'm glad I've been single for long enough to do the hard self-analysis but I know I could conceivably be single for longer. I do sometimes long for a relationship but at the same time, I want to make sure I get the most out of life and opportunities which I may have missed when I was tied to someone else. Whether you like it or not, there is always something you miss out on when you're in a relationship, especially when you're young. There are some character-building experiences I haven't had yet. Before I became single last year, I had been in relationships since I was 17 so I never learnt self-sufficiency as much as I needed to.

It is easy for me to meet guys and good ones at that, but difficult to find guys I bond with on a deeper level. I've revised my standards so I don't have ridiculous ones but my standards are very high on aspects of character, morals and temperament which is really important to me. Although I'm only 23, I made a decision to waste as little time as possible. It doesn't mean I'm going on an insane husband search. I just don't see the point in getting involved with someone if there's a voice in my head saying "are you sure this feels right?". I don't want to use someone as space-filler nor have someone do the same with me. I've been in enough relationships to know what I want and what I don't. I wouldn't date a guy unless I thought he had the potential to be a good husband. Otherwise, it would do me too much pain (I'm a sensitive person). I want to date guys older than me - and they have plenty of options so it's harder to find a relationship than it was when I was 18. This is partly because of better self-knowledge and revised standards as well.

And I agree with what someone put above. If dating ever gets too frustrating or you're feeling too desperate, you must force yourself to take a break.
Reply 33
Original post by daisy89

Wanna date?
Reply 34
Original post by gemmam
In my experience a lot of guys in their 20s seem to be after hook ups rather than relationships

There are certainly a lot of guys who want sex, but I think the majority of them are open to the prospect of the sex leading to a relationship as well.

The problem occurs when the guy isn't interested in getting any further into a relationship without sex getting involved, and the girl won't involve sex without getting further into a relationship. That's when the situation reaches a deadlock.

Its often the case that a girl sleeps with a guy, and then when he breaks up with her she mistakenly concludes that was all he wanted all along. Often he would have been interested in a relationship, just turned out not with that particular girl. You learn a lot about how well its going to work the first time you sleep with someone, immediately after it happens is a perfectly sensible time to come to some kind of decision as to whether to take things further or not.
I felt the same way a while ago, after ending a nine month long relationship. I decided that I'd stay single so I could concentrate on my A levels, and then hey what do you know, a couple of weeks into the first term, I found myself in a relationship with this guy I'd likes for ages and ages. Cheesy motto time- love is like a butterfly, if you chase it it'll fly away, but turn your attention to other things and it'll land softly on your shoulder :smile:
Reply 36
Original post by py0alb
There are certainly a lot of guys who want sex, but I think the majority of them are open to the prospect of the sex leading to a relationship as well.

The problem occurs when the guy isn't interested in getting any further into a relationship without sex getting involved, and the girl won't involve sex without getting further into a relationship. That's when the situation reaches a deadlock.

Its often the case that a girl sleeps with a guy, and then when he breaks up with her she mistakenly concludes that was all he wanted all along. Often he would have been interested in a relationship, just turned out not with that particular girl. You learn a lot about how well its going to work the first time you sleep with someone, immediately after it happens is a perfectly sensible time to come to some kind of decision as to whether to take things further or not.

Well this isn't the case for me because I didn't sleep with any of these guys who only wanted sex, but when I used online dating it seemed most of the guys were looking only for sex and I've heard numerous women say they had a similar experience.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I feel the same :frown:.
And gemmam, we really aren't just looking for sex.
Original post by py0alb

sex should never ever ever come first, it'd be like ordering a meal in reverse and starting with the rocky road, leading back to the leek and potato soup starter everyone hates.

A relationship should start with a few semi-awkward dates just talking but all the while building the tension to the unexpected but right first kiss, followed by a few dates just being together, holding hands through the park etc.

or maybe that's just the romantic side of me being a single fool, I dunno :P
Reply 39
Original post by WelshBluebird
I feel the same :frown:.
And gemmam, we really aren't just looking for sex.

I didn't say all men were I meant in my personal experience from when I used to use online dating.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest