The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by TPJY
oh okay, thanks! do you know if maths and further maths is counted as one a subject or two?

For Economics all maths modules count as one.

Good Luck!
Original post by jh.
Quick question: looking at the application stats it seems that there's been on average 200 places for MML over the last few years but the number of applicants has been between 500-600. This year there were only 380 applicants, so would this mean that they would still keep 200 places open for MMLers or would some be allocated elsewhere?

If they were still of the Cambridge quality they would, they would not lower their standards though.
Reply 82
Pooled by Downing for Chem Eng via NatSci.
93.5% average (99% in Chemistry and 96% in maths, low 90s in physics and biology) in my four A2 subjects as I did them last year and now on a gap year.
about 89% average in my AS.

Good luck everyone :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 83
Original post by nkspence1
Pooled by corpus for medicine... had a horrendous interview. I kind of just want a straight answer now, this waiting is so draining. I kind of think they pool so many people i don't even have a chance?

There is no auto pooling for medicine though so you must have some chance. Good Luck!
Reply 84
I was pooled by christ's for medicine. Do all medic poolies have to go through a second interview? :/ I guess it is better than a straight out rejection :smile:
pooled for medicine at downing! naww really wanted to go to downing... but hey at least it's not a rejection!
Pooled by King's for PBS. I meet the auto-pooling criteria also so this outcome was inevitable I guess, seeing as how badly my interview went. XD

But anyway, good luck to everyone else in the same situation. Let the fishing commence! :tongue:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 87
so does anyone know when/what time they can start letting people know about the outcome of the pooling that has been going on for past 3 day?
Reply 88
Original post by gregzz
so does anyone know when/what time they can start letting people know about the outcome of the pooling that has been going on for past 3 day?

If you're gonna hear something, you'll hear from tomorrow (5th) until the 9th!
After which point it's safe to assume you won't be fished :frown:
Reply 89
Original post by economist17
Just been pooled by Jesus for Economics. Average UMS only 91% so I'm not at all confident of being fished.

Though that does mean that you were pooled because they felt you are a strong candidate, despite your UMS - so, it could also be seen as a positive.
Really hope I haven't just been autopooled and that i still might have a tiny chance of a reinterview/offer.
Does anybody here know when we are likely to be told if another college has made us an offer?
Reply 92
Original post by _Georgie

thanks! this situation is so stressing, although when the decision came in this morning I was happy I wasn't rejected, it's been getting worse since, but at least my exams don't start till 16th so plenty of time to revise, good luck to you though! :smile:
Reply 93
Original post by _Georgie

Doesn't the winter pool letter say that from the 5th until the 14th people will be made direct offers?

http://www.study.cam.ac.uk/undergraduate/publications/docs/winterpool_2013.pdf
Reply 94
Original post by Colmans
For Economics all maths modules count as one.

Good Luck!

oh right, that means my ums average is 94! im struggling to decide whether being autopooled is better than being pooled with a lower ums. on the one hand it shows that you may be better at exams than someone who is not autopooled, but someone a non-autopool indicates excellent interview performance! thanks, what have you applied for?
Reply 95
Original post by SerialVelocity
Pooled by Churchill for CompSci. To be honest I'm really not surprised considering there's 91 applications to about 18 places. :P I'm so glad that it's not a straight out rejection :biggrin:

yay a fellow poolee from churchill

pooled for natsci (physical) from churchill

sorry if im being dense but what is this auto-pooling everyone keeps mentioning?
Reply 96
Original post by These Streets
Really hope I haven't just been autopooled and that i still might have a tiny chance of a reinterview/offer.

Bless you, the stress is making your brain melt.

The auto-pool criteria are set because those people have, statistically, a high chance of being selected. So - basically, ending up in the pool for any reason is a good thing - and you have a one in three chance of being fished. (Admittedly not what you wanted today, but don't convince yourself that you wouldn't have been pooled without the autopool criteria, coz you don't know that).
Pooled by Peterhouse for Engineering. Disappointed, but I didn't think my interview went well so this is as least better than a straight-out rejection.
Reply 98
been pooled for history at sidney sussex- my UMS average is 95.3% so i'm assuming i have been auto-pooled! this whole waiting game is horrific!
Reply 99
Original post by Zhy
Doesn't the winter pool letter say that from the 5th until the 14th people will be made direct offers?

http://www.study.cam.ac.uk/undergraduate/publications/docs/winterpool_2013.pdf

Yes, but you are still much more likely to be offered a place sooner rather than later :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending