The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Appeal to reason
:console:
I'm undecided between Warwick and Bath right now, for me its location, placement year versus job prospects, hoping the Warwick open day will help with the decision.

In the exact same position as you! Warwick seemingly has more of a reputation, whereas Bath, because of the placement year, gives a higher chance of employment post-Uni in that sense. I get a year abroad in the USA 2nd year with Warwick :biggrin: so that's cool! Bath is ranked higher for Politics whereas Warwick is ranked higher in general.

Decisions, decisions :s-smilie: do let me know where you decide on! Maybe I'll see you at the open day? Which one are you going to? :smile:
Original post by Meg94

Bring it on. :colone:

:ahee: So exciting. Now I can plan my travels knowing that I have all of September too. :biggrin:
Reply 482
Original post by maggie.k
I also applied for law at st. catz and havent heard anything either .. are you an international or a UK applicant ?

Don't worry we are on the same boat. I applied at st. catz for Engineering though.
Let's hold our hands together and give each other strength to walk through three more days of unforseen limbo
Any more linguists with offers ?
Reply 484
Original post by Oromis263
:ahee: So exciting. Now I can plan my travels knowing that I have all of September too. :biggrin:

Isn't it just?! :biggrin: Congratulations! It must feel brilliant to have an unconditional from Cambridge of all places! I just can't wait. :woo:
Reply 485
Any clare economics applicants heard yet?
Reply 486
Original post by Tianci
Don't worry we are on the same boat. I applied at st. catz for Engineering though.
Let's hold our hands together and give each other strength to walk through three more days of unforseen limbo

haha yeah lets do that!
Reply 487
I'd just like to thank Royal Mail for prolonging my inevitable rejection. Really kind of them.
Original post by SimonAmsterdam
Finally someone from Magdalene. Congratulations!

I know, there's barely anyone! You haven't heard yet, correct? The best of luck for when you do!! Thanks :smile:

Original post by bíborcsiga
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay, I knew you'd get in!!! :smile: (I totally wasn't the one who voted for you in the applicants' game. :ninja:)

It seems we'll get to visit both the Magdalene and Newnham formals after all. :biggrin:

Oh, and I'll start the Linguistics party with this site: http://people.ds.cam.ac.uk/bv230/courses.htm It has actual course content on it! :eek: :biggrin:

I was having serious doubts, like everyone I suppose! I was so happy when I saw you got in, too! It's all wonderful stuff. I can't wait until October if I meet the offer. I thought it might have been you :teehee: I had better get my grades after all of this. How did you hit this goldmine?! (Don't shame me if it was really easy, haha)
Hey guys - I somehow got in for Physical Natural Sciences!! Offer: 2 A's (physics and chemistry)
College: Fitzwilliam :smile:
:smile::smile::smile:
Anyone else heard back from Fitz?!
Congratz to everyone :biggrin:
Original post by chocoholic_x
Aha, I'm happy for you! :h:

Oh wow, that is fast! I'm presuming she got an offer from another college then?
Two of my best friends and another close friend of mine got offers also, which I'm happy for them about, but it does put extra pressure on me. So yeah the wait is really stressful. And even if it does come to a rejection, I can at least resume normal eating patterns again! :biggrin: Yay for food!!

And yes, I pretty sure I'll choose UCL. I have yet to attend the invite days but I am really attracted to living in London.

Aww, you're incredibly kind. :smile:

Well, to be honest she was eventually rejected, but King's tried to be as quick as possible in getting everyone's file back and informing everyone about their application, which I think is nice of them. This friend of mine is actually having the time of her life at St Andrew's now and is grateful that she got rejected by Cambridge. :smile:
I can totally sympathise with the eating pattern problems. :wink: Oh, and another piece of reassuring information: as PBS is a new course this year there might be more pooling and pooling successes? When Linguistics was introduced 4 years ago I think there was a lot of pooling, as they didn't know how popular a new course would be at certain colleges and what the average quality of applicants would be like. So, anyway, I'm definitely keeping my fingers crossed for you in the coming days! :smile:

And London must indeed be a great place to live! :smile:
Original post by Meg94
Isn't it just?! :biggrin: Congratulations! It must feel brilliant to have an unconditional from Cambridge of all places! I just can't wait. :woo:

Feels good. Huge relief. So excited already. I'm sure it will die down until results day in August, then die away a bit more until the end of September. :biggrin:
Original post by lsd95
Subject: HSPS
College: Downing
Outcome: Offer

Well done! Was your interview on the 11th by any chance?
Reply 493
Does everyone receive a letter, no matter what the decision is? (specifically Caius college)

I didn't get a letter today, so I'm wondering if I've been rejected.
Reply 494
Original post by aejr
Does everyone receive a letter, no matter what the decision is? (specifically Caius college)

I didn't get a letter today, so I'm wondering if I've been rejected.

Don't worry it's just Royal Mail being slow. Your letter will arrive tomorrow.:smile:
Reply 495
Original post by Bord3r
Don't worry it's just Royal Mail being slow. Your letter will arrive tomorrow.:smile:

Are you sure? has anybody on here received a rejection letter from Caius (sorry to ask)?
Original post by aejr
Are you sure? has anybody on here received a rejection letter from Caius (sorry to ask)?

I believe so, although I can't point you who to.
Original post by Llewellyn
Well done Bulbasaur :wink:

Thanks XD You as well, I don't think anyone's at all surprised though :tongue:
Reply 498
Original post by PartonProduct
Hey guys - I somehow got in for Physical Natural Sciences!! Offer: 2 A's (physics and chemistry)
College: Fitzwilliam :smile:
:smile::smile::smile:
Anyone else heard back from Fitz?!
Congratz to everyone :biggrin:

Are you an international applicant? If yes, when did you receive the decision? I'm international and I'm still staring at the gmail :smile:)
Original post by n.confused
Aww, thank you! I think they gave me such a hard offer mainly because I messed up the Maths portion of my interview... haha.

Ah, I see! Yes, tell me about it... I mean I'm glad that there are A* grades in terms of when you are applying, because they can distinguish between the A* and A candidates (which is good if you are predicted A*s), but actually meeting the grade is a completely different story!

Yup! That's exactly it XD It's probably why I got into Durham. Not like Durham matters anymore, though....

Latest

Trending

Trending